IT IS FINISHED! Masterpiece "Transformers Salute" Score

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mikeyrukus1, Dec 2, 2006.

1. mikeyrukus1

mikeyrukus1 Well-Known Member

I was actually in talks with Hasbro early on, before princepal photography even started on the film....but Ihave come to the realization that rookies had no place in the making of this film....so what does one dowhen his dream is not realized?...they try even harder....oh yeah, and shoot for the video game :) 

2. The_Angelus_San

The_Angelus_San Well-Known Member

Listening to the track while downloading it. That is an excellent piece of music you have their, VERY well done!!

I would hardly call your work the work of a "rookie" and the way i see it, alot of the TF movie (in some respects) has been made for the fans by the fans. To aim to be a part of the movie in some shape or form is hardly an impossible dream.

Nonetheless, this will be track ill be more than happy to listen to over and over again :) 

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I was highly impressed!! great stuff!!

4. Drive-By

Drive-By Eschew Obfuscation...

I dig it!

The begining was a bit on the downside for me.. the instruments sounded painfully artificial, whereareas the rest of the song seemd to flow a lot better. there seemed to be this clicking sound that the dums made through out the latter half the first 3-7 minutes or so that could of been ejected or replaced with a different drum set i think. It seems to detract from the overall sound and feel.

I did like how the middle of the song became this like, Lord of the Ring epic battle. It certainly had a nice feel too it. But there could of been some variation in there some where at times. What I mean is that some of it seemed to be slightly repetetive, but not so much to the point where it was annoying. :) 

I also really liked the Unicron segment too, there was some interesting elements involved too. The subtle sounds of laser fire and such. Then it kind of hit all 80's for me. :)  Which I really dug quite a bit.

Towards the end was esspecially great when the various elements all came meeting each other.

All in all it's a solid piece and I can't wait to see more from you. Heck I think you could make an entire song just based on that cool Unicron element. (Then again I am a bit biased since the Unicron theme is my favorite from the movie. )

Good job. :) 

5. mikeyrukus1

my personal favorite section is the second section. I listen to it and can't believe it came from me. You are absolutely correct on everything you have said....Its wierd because as a n artist, it's almost painful to go back and listen to things you want to do differently. I was plagued by massive technical difficulties, but I made it through. Like a painter....if he uses oil paints, he can go back and change anything he wants at anytime, the downside is that if you do that then you never will really FINISH. That's why sometimes you have to "Paint" with acrylics....once they dry and you're done....you're done :) 

6. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Terrific piece. This just shows how well the classic theme goes with a classical score ala John Williams or Denny Elfman. Don Murhpy's board had a thread about whether or not the theme should be in the film and folks even objected to its use in something like this (aparantly we should severe ALL ties to Generation One. Sheesh).

This is a great piece of music. Very adventurous. I think Vince would be proud! You should send him the link.

7. mikeyrukus1

Thanks, I think the whole issue with G1 now is that people have come to the realization that we're not getting it in the movie so we might as well stop hoping for it. As for me, this as an audition piece for Activision...doesn't necessarily mean that I'm shooting for a G1 game...it's showing them that I am attempting to capture the essence of TF....whether it be G1, original music, or new music (that's why I did the stuff from the new trailer)...i have a contact on the inside whos working on the matter. :) 

Pound, Va? I dated a girl from there before, she moved out to Hopewell for a short time, then moved back, became longtime friends...my wife and I went to visit her when she had her first child....we got at the top of a mountain, and flipped over the side of it, landing upside down. No one was hurt thankfully, and I know you weren't expecting that story...it's funny how one word can spark a large amount of vivid memories :) 

8. mikeyrukus1

the website that hosts my music has a worldwide charting system for the hundrerds of thousands of songs that are uploaded...broken down into every genre possible....thought you might like to see the top 5 in the Games Soundtrack chart as of yesterday...

Home > Electronica Charts > Games Soundtrack
    Electronica -- Games Soundtrack Charts

Latest Uploads | Artists [A-Z] in this subgenre Games Soundtrack
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transformers Salute play lo-fi
    Mike Rivera aka Mikeyrukus play hi-fi

Halo 2 Theme play lo-fi
    Goose Creek Bands play hi-fi

Kingdom Hearts - End of the World Battle (SdLvX) play lo-fi
    SdLvX play hi-fi

Mortal Kombat (full) play lo-fi
    Lunar Tactics play hi-fi

Super Mario Bros. (Game) play lo-fi
    Dj Bierman

thanks for listening!!!

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa! I can't believe I missed this thread! Really well done on this - 2 thumbs ups! Er, how do I d/l it if its possible?

10. mikeyrukus1

If you scroll down just a bit you will see the title of the song in a box...next to it you will see lo-fi, hi-fi and mp3....click on the "mp3" and you should be able to download. I also have some other TF related tracks that I submitted to the TF production studio back in March....the titles are Cybertron, The Battle, Chase, Death-Dillemma, and Rise- with or without lyrics. :) 

11. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Glad to see you are getting a lot more responses here than at the Allspark. Seems like I was the only one over there to comment on it.

I was glad to learn here how to download the song, so now I can enjoy it whenever.

12. mikeyrukus1

whatever I can do...:) 

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man! :D 

14. mikeyrukus1

:)  bonk! :) 

15. mikeyrukus1

hype bump :D 

16. mikeyrukus1

yes.....listen again....if you haven't downloaded it.....download it! :D 

17. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Downloaded, listened and....

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

:rock  :rock  :rock  :thumb  :rock  :rock  :rock 

18. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

OMG! OMG! THIS IS SOME AWESOMUS...dare I say....SHIZNIT!!!!

*Listening to the Unicron segment* My skin is crawling!!!!!!

mikey!! I love ya man!!! :D 

I blasted my eardrums out with this freaky run

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It has a Final Fantasy-type vibe to it that I like. Very well done.

20. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I have got to hand to you, this is some really good stuff! This is great. My only crit is on the levels of the samples....they could come up a bit more in the mix. Other than that it's a fantastic listen! You really did a good job, and this comes from a fellow musician. Thanks for the good listen.