issues with FOC Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Astro-Furby, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Firstly, why the heck does the rear box image and instructions show a G1 Prime style gun when the figure doesn't have one?

Secondly, again the box shows Laserbeak on the shoulder but I can't see any way to attach LB, either to the shoulder or his arm/hand...am I missing something?

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the gun is either a placeholder gun erroroneously used on the box or simply a victim of cost cutting. In any case it's just not there.

As to Laserbeak I'm sure it's just photoshopped onto his shoulder (or blu tacked).

I'd hardly call them issues though.

3. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Yeah, the weapon on the box is very misleading (when I got mine, I thought it was missing, and I had to do online research to determine it was never included) but I think I heard that it was removed due to cost-cutting.

As for Laserbeak, it wouldn't be the first time Hasbro "cheated" on their photos.

4. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    If you want issues with the figure discussed......................
    *no gun, bugged me too and I researched it to discover its false advertising on the box.
    *there were stress marks after the first transformation
    *the chest gimmick was a bit naff and couldn't fire out discs in tandem.
    *the back plate sticks out too far when he has even one disc in his chest.

I sold mine after a week of owning it........ it just sucked, and I was looking forward to it.

the discs were a bit crap too, only ratbat and lazerbeak worked.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    For what it is, I like it. He holds the deluxe version gun, and as I currently have him holding, he holds the G1 gun very well. The gimmick isn't perfect, but hey...we got a modern interpretation to the cassettes. For retail price, I'm not going to complain. For the high end collector there is the masterpiece. I guess what trying to say, is you get what you pay for. And I'm stoked that for the somewhat cheap price tag, you get something decently cool.

6. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

There's no way to "attach" laserbeak to soundwave, but you can play with soundwave's shoulder panels to delicatle wedge/perch laser beak (or buzzsaw or ratbat) up there.

I actually quite liked this toy. I thought it was so nice, I bought it thrice! (soundwave, soundblaster, blaster) and all the cassettes/data discs, autobot and decepticon. I was very satisfed with it, but I do admit the "launch and Transform" gimic was DoA. But still, he can store up to three in his chest, I like it.

Personally, I've always felt this toy was underappreciated, and I think it largely is because it went up against masterpiece soundwave, which I don't own. (sadly, I don't have the money to be a member of the masterpiece master race. I'm getting bumblebee, and it will be my first masterpiece since Hasbro Rodimus...

7. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It also went up against its previous deluxe version, which I own and prefer. On another note: MPs don't have to wreck your budget. Preordering from the proper sources can save you a lot. I know, it's too late for previous releases.

8. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I never got that soundwave. The fact that he didn't come with a casset minion and couldn't store any cassette minions really turned me off. Though, in the interim, I have been pulling together a "deluxes only" scale, so I do regret not having one now.

Yeah, it really kinda burns that I still don't have an MP10. I was waiting for the Hasbro release, and well, that was a debacle. I wish I could talk myself into the year of the horse version, but I can't. If either Hasbro or takara rerelease it, (which is probably inevitable,) I'll get it then.

But no way I'm missing out on Bumblebee. Perfect rendition of my favorite ever character in his beloved original design? Yeah, I've been waiting for that one since I was 5...

9. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I always really liked this toy/mold as well. Looks pretty good in both modes, has a satisfying transformation, and has nice clicky ratchet joints in the legs and elbows. Feels solid and sturdy as well. Definitely under appreciated. And while the execution was a bit weak, I appreciated the reinterpretation of the cassette gimmick.