Issues with 2010 predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Xonic, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi. Just got predaking 2010 reissue second hand and hada couple of issues with him that I wondered if anyone else has noticed.
    Firstly and pobably a very common one, he likes tipping forward a lot when in combined mode, due I think to the loose hips. Are there any poses that would allow him to get his arms up, where you can achieve this without him leaning? please describe the poses as I will not be able to see the pictures as I have no sight.

Secondly, i notice that razorclaws stickers keep coming off his main, which is really annoying. Has anyone else found a similar problem like this? I was considering getting the crazy devy main anyway, does anyone know if this sort of fixes the problem by holding the stickers in place on the front, or does the new piece cause dammage and rubbing on the existing toy?

Thank.

2. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had my Predaking on display for 3 months and never had any tipping problems or any problems with any of the stickers. The only problem I have heard about the cravy devy pieces were about the wing upgrades would scratch the originals but I do not have any of them to verify that. Hope that helps.

3. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I have had problems with a majority of the stickers on these reissues, whether it was Hasbro or Takara, peeling off and being generally shit quality.

Get a set of reprolabels.

4. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

The original all metal version tipped forward too, its the weight that causes it.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's why i pursued a plastic version, metal isn't worth it if it sacrifices stability

6. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got a metal original version reissue. Death to all but Metal I say. He's a beast. wouldn't be the same without the surprising weight.

I have also found he likes to len slightly forward due to the placing of the clicks, if you push it to the next click he falls over backwards, but I found a solution, wedge his bird arm on his leg so it stop him going forward.

Actually anyone else have the problem that the bird arm will not turn, I tried up till the point I didn't want to try harder in case it broke it, but if I take the other arm and put it in the same socket, I can turn it with relative ease.

7. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the 2010 reissue and I used to have the original. Both lean forward, as others have said, due to the metal. However, I've found that the Crazy Devy wing set counter balances the figure. I have those wings on my 2010 figure and it doesn't lean anymore.

8. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

The biggest problem I have with it, is I can't afford one! :p 

9. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    it was bothering me too. I took apart the legs (unscrewed them) on Razorclaw and applied some nail polish in there. It holds it tighter in Gestalt, but once you move the leghs a couple times it starts to rub off. The metal vs the plastic in the legs there causes this, the soft ratchet sucks there. I have him displayed in my case with the CD upgrades and he looks great, it doesn't bother me at all now.

my suggestion, just give it some nail polish and then some time to grow on you and look fuggin incredible. The wings and guns are a must...wings at a minimum, get the head when you want to, but the side to side movement makes him that much cooler too. Hands are kind of a waste and the hilt doesn't fit in the big fuggin CD sword, but the sword is also worth it for $17

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I have an original all metal version, and it doesn't lean forward at all and it's well over 23 years old now and far from mint.

I don't get the whole leaning forward thing at all considering when looking at predaking from the side all he weight seems to make him lean back more than lean forward.

11. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Mine does the same. If you fiddle with it a bit, you can get him to stand straight.

12. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Actually, with regards to the crazy devy wings, do they clip in better than the original wings? Maye i'm doing something wrong, but the original wings seem t litrerly plug into a hole with nothing to hold it there. there is no click or clunk when you push the long peg in, so the slightest movement will send them falling off. If his wings are bigger, doesn't that happen more?

13. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I find them to be rather sturdy. I can pick it up by the wings, but i wouldn't recommend it. I just lifted it slightly to see if it could be done

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No issues with mine. The only problem I've had is some stickers that have fallen off, but really that's always going to happen with any stickers.

15. Xonic

Xonic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How do you clip in your wings then, the regular ones I mean? maybe mine is broken some how? you just push the long peg into razorclaws back? weird question, but which way should the wings and backpack go up? i thought it would be with the curbved edged at the top, but on dive bomb it seemed to be curved edge down. maybe that's why they're not clipping in? is there supposed to be an actual click when you push them in?

16. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was a thread about this a while back. My issue was that Tantrum's head broke off as soon as I transformed him the first time. I wasn't the only one. Luckily BBTS replaced Tantrum.

That and the stickers....

17. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Not mine!

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    mine only has a very slight lean to the front , hardly noticeable. stickers are fine (I f you do not count my less than stellar job of applying them XD)

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    It appears to lean forward because the ratcheting points are not where they should be to keep the figure perfectly vertical, the play ending where there should be a stop. I wonder if there's a way to fix that?