Is Unicron an Omniversal threat?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by HulksmashU, Aug 24, 2011.

1. HulksmashU

HulksmashU Multiversal-Conqueror

I'm in a debate with this guy, he's arguing in favor of unicron and keeps saying that marvel and dreamwave went out of their way to paint a clear picture (not litterly, duh) that Unicron is an omniversal threat, i keep asking him where he got that from and does not answer only repeats the same thing. So do you guys know anything about if this is true or not? or if you guys even agree with him? i'd realy like to know.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if Unicron wants a complete absence of everything by devouring the entire universe(Marvel comics), and exists across all universes(Dreamwave?), then yeah.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    This. And the TFwiki states that he's already consumed about 23% of all known universes. I'd say the other 77% have good reason to consider him a threat.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd agree with him.

In Marvel it is outright stated that Unicron destroyed another universe that existed before our own and for that reason Primus was sent to stop Unicron before he could destroy another universe.

In Dreamwave's Armada comics, Unicron destroys an entire reality before hopping across to the Armada continuity to begin repeating the process there.

Additionally, the Universe comics by 3H show Unicron gathering warriors from across all timelines to serve him and aid in his reconstruction. He's aware of the multiverse and can reach across it - this started back in the Marvel G1 with the whole Galvatron II arc.

I believe one of the other bits of storytelling about Unicron implies that creation itself is anathema to him, and that he'll stop until everything is either one with him or reduced to nothingness in the void.

Plus in the backstory to Cybertron it is said the destruction of Unicron created a black hole that threatened all of creation.

Of all the canonical characters in Transformers, Unicron is probably one of the biggest threats of them all, he's easily a threat to all creation at his most dangerous. Granted he's no Hytherion or Alternity, but he's canonically the same character in all realities, and a threat to each and every one of those realities.

And he always comes back.

5. HulksmashU

That doesn't realy sound liek being omniversal, sounds like Multiversal. And he gathered the warriors from across the Multiverse to /:

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Whats your definition of the word "omniversal"?

For me both words are synonymous.

7. HulksmashU

Something that ecompsses everything that can possibly exsist, doesn't stray from the scientific definition of the Omniverse it self.(whatever that "something" is)

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Then I would say Primus fits the bill of Omniverse but Unicron does not.

According to the new retcons, Unicron can only exsist in 1 universe at a time.

9. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I view him as a omniversal threat he has popped up in more that one timeline and has mostly the same motives. Since he is a machine god he has the ability. I think Primus has this ability also but he uses it less. I think some of these universes may overlap but that's hard to determine.

10. HulksmashU

But Primnus much like Unicron only exsist in 1 multiverse, not the entire Omniverse that i have just realized the people on this thread seem to believe due to them exsiting in multiple unvierses (although he can only exsist in 1 at a time)

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not according to the retcon.

Primus exists "simultaneously" in every universe that the fiction recognizes.

From TF wiki on Primus and Unicron

"Both brothers were multiversal singularities, unique in all realities, but whereas Unicron could only exist in one dimension at a time, moving between them at will, Primus existed simultaneously in all realities at once."

12. HulksmashU

And it says Multiversal singularity, not Omniversal singularity /:

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont see how that matters in this case.

Since we are talking about a work of fiction Omniversal means something that exsists in every universe,micro-verse and multiverse that is derived from that work of fiction.

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    More like an omnomnomniversal threat.

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Oh multiversal singularities, how you cheese up a fiction :lol 
    Multiverse gives me a headache, especially when you factor in Alternity.

16. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

TF:TM would of taken a whole new turn if they included Primus in it

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Because It's stupid to shoe horn Unicron into every continuity because a comic said so unless there is confirmation in said continuity that the Unicron multiverse thing is apart if it.

18. Sandbreaker

Sandbreaker Active Member

The idea that Unicron is a threat to the multiverse isn't so far-fetched, since in the comics he went so far as to recruit a Galvatron from a possible future. If he was confined to one universe, he wouldn't be as much as a threat. But being able to crossover threatens all existence.

Besides Transformers has already branched out into so many different versions, which is why we have a multiverse.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your incorrect about that.

According to TF wiki there has been 2 mentions of an "ominiverse" in the tf fiction but what it is exactly wasnt explained.

Omniverse - Transformers Wiki

One claim is that The Fallen has been classified as an "Omniversal Tyrant" in the films guide book

one from the original G1 comic by Marvel
    [​IMG]

20. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

No I'm not, you know what I meant, and two vague terms without context doesn't help anything. Omniversal Matrix could be just a dimension and unrelated to an actual omniverse. Fallen's title is one of many stupid titles given without background. For all anyone knows it's being used to sound cool without realizing what it implies. The furthest actual fiction has delved, afaik, is multiverse. Doesn't mean there isn't an omniverse in TF, but I would like more in the form of story and less of vague text with a passing mention in two unrelated and obscure places.