Is TLK Linked To The Upcoming Hasbro Cinematic Universe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 17, 2016.

1. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Honestly..no. I do not want GI JOE or MASK or ROM or anyone being crossed over with Transformers. I already couldn't careless about the aforementioned so it would kind of bother me having a franchise I don't care about blend with a franchise I love.

• Like Like x 3
  2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I'm sorry Hasbro, but I really don't care for GI Joe or MASK. If this link to TF can jumpstart those franchises, well and good, but I'm only interested in anything TF-related.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

If their just using the same ideas with past events and magic just to tie the hcu together I think it will be pretty generic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Look at Avengers - action, action, action, maybe pinch of humor, that's all:( ((

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They weren't trying to make a HCU movie though, just a TF like movie and hoping to make money of TF hype. And Hasbro wants to make more than just TF movies, they just probably didn't have real control over how there made; like who at Hasbro said off on that Jem movie?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Brian Goldner - executive producer.

7. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just separate Transformers from other Hasbro action figure..because it can't be work like Avengers movie, it just doesn't fit.Totally not same stuff and the story would be strange.

8. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    It could EASILY work and it's pretty much a no-brainer.

The G.I. Joe live action movie franchise was a PoS so it went nowhere and they never bothered linking it to the TF movies despite the obvious demand. Frankly, the shitty G.I. Joe movies could only have dragged down the the superior TF movies.

But now that "cinematic universes" are a thing and the Transformers movies are KICKING ASS, it only makes sense for Hasbro to try and hitch a ride on a rising star.

Personally, I think this is gonna be FUCKING AWESOME.

The talent they assembled for the TFCU writer's room ALONE speaks VOLUMES towards the potential of these endeavors.

O_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Name something about the films you don't find awesome.

10. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Your endless fucking nagging on the point, for starters.

As I said, I don't expect EVERY MOVIE EVER to read my mind and deliver EXACTLY what I want.

I am MORE THAN HAPPY with what I've gotten from these movies and asking anything more is a fool's errand.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Trying to have a Hasbro movie universe without Transformers being a part of it would be like Warner Brothers saying okay we are going to have this massive interconnected DC movie universe but Superman and Batman are not going to part of it. If you want a massive movie universe then you need your big guns and right now Transformers is about the only thing Paramount and Hasbro have that can get any sort of box office traction. You need your big draws to sell the smaller movies like Marvel/Disney does.

The World War II version of GI Joe. While it sounds pretty cool for the Joes it does present some problems for Cobra. People think World War II and they tend to think bad guys Germany, Japan, and Italy. Now you want to dump Cobra in there as well? Honestly I thought the HYDRA/Nazi link in Captain America was one of the weaker elements of that movie. Also can they really get the cool Cobra vehicles out of a World War II setting? Part of why the GI Joe movies haven't felt fun for me is no cool Cobra stuff like HISS tanks or Rattlers.

I'd love for all of this to be over the top crazy and somehow all work out. But cinematic universes aren't as easy as just declare one and throw it all together. Universal has had a horrible time getting their new monster cinematic universe off the ground. Sony had to scrap their plans for a massive Spider-verse. The Fox plans to smash X-Men and Fantastic Four didn't work out either.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    No, that's a run down of a TF movie. MCU movies have a teensy bit more than a "pinch" of humour.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I'll confess very little knowledge of G.I. Joe, and even less of M.A.S.K., but I do think Transformers could work as a springboard from which to launch movies based on such properties. Cobra could acquire left-behind Decepticon tech, and G.I. Joe could be trying to stop them. Heck, the Driller from DOTM sort of fits that snake theme that I understand Cobra has going on, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched to have. M.A.S.K. is based on transforming vehicles, from what I understand, and it would be so easy to explain them as been having reverse-engineered from the bodies of deceased Transformers. I'm probably the wrong person to offer perspective on this, but I think it would be so easy to connect at least these three franchises in such a way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    It was a simple question. And you didn't answer it with something actually from the films. That's all I want.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

Sounds like they're reusing the M.A.S.K. concept from that Unit:E comic released a while back.
    "M.A.S.K. was a team of civil servants—policeman Matt Trakker, medic Hannah Moon, firefighter Glenn Gephard, and the married duo of Damone and Vanessa Kendall—who were busy trying to restore order in Detroit after the government abandoned the populace. The five found a workshop full of ancient technology belonging to "The Order of Ancient Wheelmen" and were using this technology to stop the decay of Detroit."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Same here.
    I'm fine with just NEST, but the idea left the writers room. If only blockbusters didn't want to be Marvel for once.
    Is Transformers not interesting anymore? GI Joe and Transformers isnt.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I don't see how mixing MASK and Transformers together would be a bad thing. I mean who over 35 here didn't play with their Transformers and Mask toys together?! :lol 

Even Gi Joe should work, the problem is that we're mostly already nervous of GI Joe because it's already put out one mediocre at best movie, followed up by an actual stinker. (Although i suppose that's the model Transformers outlined! Sorry! :lol  )

And stories and characters!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Put me down for an HCU.
    I want to see Scarlet take Drift to hook up with Matt Tracker at a Jem concert.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    So if I'm interpreting this correctly, the GI Joe film continuity is getting rebooted and the setting instead of Modern day is going to be WWII? I think I'm misinterpreting some of this information because I'm getting kind of confused.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's the nature of the movie business that if one studio is finding success and your studio isn't as successful at the box office then copy what the winner is doing.

Star Trek Beyond only had a domestic box office run of $158 million so that was not good when the production budget was $185 million. Overseas couldn't really pull it out as the over seas box office was $179 million. Paramount pumped $135 million into the production of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows to see a domestic box office of $82 million. $163 million overseas isn't any sort of international hit. Then a nice big stinker of a production budget of $100 million on Ben-Hur only to flop domestically at $26 million and flop over seas at $64 million.

It's little wonder that Paramount is going to hope they can somehow cash on the current Hollywood craze of an expanded movie universe. Without many options for a shared universe a Hasbro film universe is one of the few options Paramount has for cashing like every major studio hopes to.

• Like Like x 2