Is this the prime we all know and love {spoilers}

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by prime78, May 23, 2011.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, I remember that scene in the movie where Prime mercilessly shot that Unarmed Decepticon who was begging for his life. Oh wait, that never happened.

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    He's just doing his job as the leader of the Autobots, protect, at all costs necessary. And yes, even if it mean elimination of Decepticons.

3. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

ROTF, the large robot at the beginning. it was defeated, defenseless by the end of the chase sequence and prime shot him in his head. once more it never attacked but in defense. poorly written.

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I cannot emphasize enough that this is NOT the "Prime we know and love". This is MOVIE Prime. Not G1... Not Unicron Trilogy, or RID. Not Primal.
    Movie Prime. He shares a name, a voice, and design cues. And that should be enough. Anything he does should not be put against him because he and G1 Prime are NOT THE SAME.

5. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

so how would you have finished off demolisher from rampaging down Shanghia?

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    ... What? For one, you misunderstood sarcasm. For two. IN DEFENSE?
    The nest team approached him, he transformed, started fighting, the Nest team fought back.
    And then he tears down the highway, through a bridge, crushing, collapsing, and rolling over countless innocent people. Ironhide shot out his tire, demolisher fell, Prime put his near-corpse out of it's misery. In addition to the fact he was too dangerous to be kept around.
    Honestly?
    G1 Prime would have done the same damn thing. If not for the strict rules surrounding an eighties cartoon.

7. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Are you kidding me, man? Just like someone already said, that Con killed soldiers, helicopters with soldiers in them, and all the countless innocent people he completely bulldoze through on the highway. Was Prime supposed to take him to court and let him stand trial? People think way too about this. It's a simple story of good vs evil. It has nothing to do about the writing.

Heaven forbid that the leader of the Autobots destroy murdering Deceptions that not only threaten a entire species (humans), but what very little is left of the Cybertronians (Autobots). People forget that at the end of TF1, the Autobots make Earth their home as well. Optimus is just soooo mean and brutal for defending it.

EDIT: Plus this is a movie. The general audience doesn't care about Primes that other people know and love. They want to see summer action.

8. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

finishing demolisher...

give him amnesty, rebuild him and let him become a better, reformed decepticon...

9. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And there's time for the complete character revolution of a fairly minor Decepticon in a two and a half hour movie? That's another thing you have to take into account when you analyze Prime. I think it's a LOT more useful to kill of these minor Decepticons in the limited time frame you have.

10. longhorn35

longhorn35 40 Something Fan

yes...

my quote was one of sarcasm... but look at Jetfire and Wheelie...

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Poor Scavenger was actually shot in the face...dang that was brutal. He did make a big mess in the city of Shanghai though. He probably killed a lot of people.
    He was like a bomb on wheels.

12. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

This is getting quite deep!

Brings out the question: Who really are the evil ones? The Decepticons for wanting their planet rebuilt or whatever? Or the Autobots who in ROTF were tracking them down and killing them?

It goes further than that but they are the basics...

13. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

man optimus does like to take faces:
    Bonecrusher,scavenger, the fallen, grindor, half of megatronĀ“s.

14. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

So what. Sideswpe broke Sideways in half mercilessly and I don't hear any gripes?
    Prime does what needs to be done

15. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Profiling decepticons is just wrong. Just look at Jetfire/Skyfire etc. Man you guys are something else ALWAYS thinking that just because it's written in the script that they are evil that they actually are evil. Now I ask you just who is more evil the poor decepticons or the people that wrote them that way?

P.s. Send all energon donations care of Soundwave's Disabled Decepticon Rehabilitation Program. (A subsidiary of Giant Laser Corporation to Destroy the Moon)

16. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

i just got an email from a decepticon prince who needs help escaping to cybertron.
    once home though he can reimburse me for all my help.

17. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

:lol 
    :lol 
    LOL
    :dj 

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Well at least Megatron took him out, Grindor/Blackout cut him open and Starscream wooped him a couple times.:duel 

19. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

Yet in the end the autobots want peace and freedom, the decepticons want to kill every human being on the planet or enslave

20. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I like the new movie Optimus Prime but he's a bit more like Energon Optimus Prime - a bit more ruthless, harsh - so in that way he still isn't the "ultimate Optimus Prime" to me.

G.1 Optimus Primes greatest asset was also his greatest weakness and I think that the bio for him explains perfectly why he is the ONLY Optimus Prime.

"..Otherwise, the only weakness he could be accused of having is being too compassionate and concerned about the safety of others. He would be a more effective military commander if he were more ruthless, but then he wouldn't be Optimus Prime."

G.1 Optimus just did everything with style !