Is this the first time a Titan Series figure did not go below 100 during holidays

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fake, Dec 30, 2019.

1. fake

fake Return to Innocence

In all previous years I was able to get a Titan figure for under 100, close to 70 using the Amex offer. This time, I saved the Amex offer but the Omega Supreme never went below retail and is actually now OOS. I guess my next option is to find them at Ross or Marshalls next year or in 2021...lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brogey

Brogey Well-Known Member

I believe both target and Amazon had sales that included him. Hasbro sold him in PA for $20 but I think he only lasted a day.

3. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think like $112 from Amazon was as low as it went. The $70 Predaking was from hasbrotoyshop on ebay. I'm guessing that warehouse sale took the place of that sale. Out of all the titans only Fortress maximus and Trypticon were the only ones to hit the discounters. I wouldn't count on omega ever going below $100

4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine at a 20% off sale, pricey but meh, this was Omega, the most expensive TF I've ever bought, but still cheaper than a few other figures from others series I've bought (but that meant something for me to get).

This will sound terrible, and please note that it's not to offend anyone, but I'm glad that it didn't go under 100$.

Why? Because in other forums, some members were absolutely arrogant about how they always paid less for Titans than everyone else, and that they will once again pay less than everyone that pre-ordered it (on sale or not) in a completely condescending fashion.

One went as far as stating comments in underlying manner about how everyone would feel stupid about buying him when he would return and gloat about how little he would have paid for it.

So when Black Friday came and went I was glad to see that it didn't happen then, and now with the holidays sales, I felt the same.

I do feel bad for those that simply couldn't afford it and this would have been nice for them, but I'm just glad that these people ate crow due to their attitude towards everyone else.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Megagalvatron1

Megagalvatron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still can’t believe I got one of the 20 omegas. That warehouse sale was awesome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    And totally unfair to everybody that doesn't live in the immediate area.

7. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, Omega has a higher starting price than any other Titan. So it likely went down the same percentage but since the price started higher it didn't hit below $100

• Like Like x 1
  8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    With Unicron going the Haslab route and Omega being released later in the yr than Trypticon,(?) i'm wondering if Hasbro have specific plans for larger TFs.

9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    No, it isn't. It was similar to a warehouse liquidation or flea market where it happens in one location, once, and that's it.
    I live pretty close to where it was held and couldn't make it. I was bummed, but hey, I never once thought it wasn't fair because it didn't take place in my back yard.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    $10. It's not like it was double or something. It has a ways to drop before it reaches the depths that Fort Max ($40=27%) and Trypticon ($50=33%) fell to. Hell, Trypticon could keep falling for all we know.

It's been two years since TRU announced its bankruptcy though. That was probably enough time for even the slowest learners to clue in. We'll see if it was enough for Hasbro 6-9 months from now when Ollies starts stocking up for Christmas 2020.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1