Is this seller legit?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Collector20, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Collector20

Collector20 Well-Known Member

I saw an eBay seller known as schmal_8997 who has a lot of MPs. If anyone here has bought from him please let me know your experiences.

2. eyescovered

eyescovered Guide

News Credits:
  3. AngryRubes

AngryRubes Active Member

I’ve been scammed a few times one eBay but always managed to get my money back. I was looking through what this seller was offering and the bots weren’t uncommon bots and the prices seemed high and a few things.

May I ask which ones you were interested in?

4. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He shows to be in the US and not a China seller, unless he's faking his location but everything I found, shows US, including shipping time.

The BIG thing here is to READ inside his auctions, which you should do regardless. He makes it look like an official Takara MP until you read in the description where its noted "KO" and at the header "Unbranded."

So if you are looking for official, this isn't the guy you want to buy from.

5. Collector20

Thf dynastron

6. AngryRubes

AngryRubes Active Member

The bad news is that the seller either looks real shady or is newer seller with very little stock. Also, the stock that is there is very common KO stuff and new sellers selling like that always lights up my spidey senses. I personally wouldn’t buy from them until they have a better reputation in the TWF boards.

The good news is that THF Dynastron is in-stock from reputable eBay sellers.

Happy hunting!

7. Collector20

Like who?

8. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    No idea about eBay but I got mine on TFDirect. Took 2 weeks to get to me.

They still have stock. Thought that info might be of interest.

9. AngryRubes

AngryRubes Active Member

my big go-to has always been Bababobo00712. They are IMO the best seller I have dealt with on eBay. Unfortunately, they have none of the THF Megs in stock.

Mascot_home/mascotzone/mascotworld4u (all the smart seller) have them in-stock. They have pretty pretty good to me and are becoming one of my top sellers.

Also, ShowZ has the Infinite Transformation Megs on pre-order. I feel like that’s the best KO out there and even comparable to the Mp version. If you’re willing to wait, that’s the one to get.

Happy Hunting!

10. Collector20

I ordered one from too but it’s two months since it shipped and it still hasn’t reached the US. I contacted tf-direct about this and all they told was that I could request a refund with PayPal. This is why I’m trying to find the figure elsewhere.

11. Piccolo17

Piccolo17 Well-Known Member

Did you ever receive the figure? I have the same one on order from TF Direct going on 3 months now without it showing up, had a KO MP Bumblebee on the same order that arrived in 2 weeks but not a word on THF Dynastron yet.

12. Collector20

Yes I did.