Is this Airwave making the airwaves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by drmick, Aug 23, 2020.

?

Who is the silhouette character on Fasttracks box art?

1. Airwave- modulator from wave 2

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. The Ark- new Titan from Kingdom

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Meant to be the Ark, but using vague Airwave design to prevent spoiler

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Another character- specify who with a reply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. A generic- not meant to be anybody in particular

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Don't care!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Essentially the history of this entire thread is

- “Even an eight year old can see it is the Ark”
    - *Entire board points out irrefutable proof it is Airwave, such as, eg, the toy being the same design and having all the same pieces in the same place*
    - “I don’t know why everyone is so upset. Everyone is allowed a different opinion on art. Some people see it as Airwave. But they’re wrong, even an eight year old can see that.”

Repeat on multiple threads

• Like Like x 6
  2. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 6
  3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I think people are not really communicating with each other or not fully reading, I personally am NOT saying what YOU see, Art is subjective, if you see Tidal wave, Airwave etc, thats who YOU see, but use logic, why would Airwave be hidden in shadows on a box in a later wave? We've already long known about Airwave. Legitimate TFW users have said the hint for the next Titan was on the box, same users hinted that the Ark would be the Titan.

There is no use saying the Artist used Airwave as a basis unless you can explicitly prove it, visuals are not explicit, this is the disconnect, Art is subjective, visuals are subjective especially when shrouded in darkness and when its a piece of art that may have changed slightly.

I am not insulting anyone's intelligence, I am not saying who you see, what the artist saw, what the artist used or anything that is subjective or can't be proven. What can we prove? What do we know?

1. The area is the same, same tress, mountains, terrain, its an iconic area in TF lore, unmistakable. 20200926_113930.jpg

2. The character in FTs box is GIANT among regular sized bots based on the trees and mountains, well over 200ft

3. Airwave in his largest forms, his alt mode, is scaled to Micromasters in the art, I wont speak on what's not seen, weve seen him in the art. FB_IMG_1598977880961.jpg

4. Tfw2005.com user's, and others with reputable track records have stated that their source told them the hint for the next titan is on FT box and or that the figure on the box is not Airwave. Screenshot_20200822-093427_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200822-141700_Facebook.jpg 20200927_074646.jpg FB_IMG_1601217944472.jpg
    5. Art is subjective, many people explicitly ans adamantly said it was Tidalwave, Bruticus etc, when the image is in shadows, blurred, a mystery, the silhouette could be distorted or could look like a multitude of similar robots, omit the subjective for just a moment, look at everything else, the story, the background, the previous art, the statements of multiple reputable users and users who have insider information etc. Who you personally see in the silhouette is subjective.
    Screenshot_20200826-215901_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20200827-102754_Facebook.jpg

My point: I'm not saying who YOU see, who I see etc, I'm saying that the art tells a story, it says that the Ark transforms into robot mode, in all the other works of that area we see giant ship, then giant robot thus ship must have transformed in giant robot. My goal is NOT to change your belifes or opinions, I'll try not to comment on it further but honestly this is a thread to my recollection if not mistaken, created for the point of debating who that figure is so its odd when people get upset when one presents their theory etc. I hope I have not offended anyone, I never meant any ill intent nor to be rude so if you felt that way I apologize, I am a fan of Transformers and come here to share my love and excitement for the franchise, never to spark hate

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Oh there's a lot to unpack here.
    Visuals, in a discussion about a visual medium, are not explicit evidence. I've heard a lot of hot takes before but gotdamn that's a new one
    You keep using these boxes as evidence. Those two are the exclusive two-packs, they have nothing to do with the retail Fasttrack box. They don't matter to each other in the slightest.
    This one right here is full of rumors we already debunked. Rodimus is well established to be a Commander, not a Leader. Ratchet and Lifeline come with no medical accessories. SS86 Hot Rod was already being talked about and that piece of info wasn't new at the time. Your source even said he doesn't trust his own source, yet you take this as gospel

• Like Like x 2
  5. Reygn

Reygn Banned

• Like Like x 3
  6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok, that's a confirmed 'no'.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Some mod should just close this thread. It's not even that funny anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:

9. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    or just rename it 'facepalm meme' and be done with it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly. This was funny at first but now it’s just tiring. We really need to get a mod here to close this meaningless thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Look, people nave already pointed multiple times to all the details that match exactly with Airwave and are too specific to be a coincidence, like the airlock connector. This isn't an optical illusion like that picture of a dress that can be seen in different colors, it's not subjective. People throwing different guesses at the mystery robot's identity was only before someone gave it a closer look and noticed all the details, then the consensus quickly settled on Airwave.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

You keep arguing that art is subjective without quite grasping what you are implying. If art was totally subjective, blueprints would be worthless. There would be no point to putting character art on boxes because some children would see Cheetor and others would see Santa Claus. And your argument that the character is on the same mountain with the same pine trees wouldn't hold any water because we could all say it is clear that the robot is in a swamp with mangroves. Artists put details in their picture for a reason. Other than being humanoid in shape, which applies to more than 99% of all Transformers, this figure does not share any details with the Ark.

As for the placement on the box, there is literally only one part of the box that it could have gone. The front is for character art, the back for a product shot, the other side for the generic promotional art, and the bottom for legal stuff.

Why is it in the same place? Because it is showing the Pacific Northwest region where the Ark eventually landed. Why did they continue use it here when they didn't have to? Id guess for some visual consistency, but you'd have to ask the artist.

Why use Airwave? Why make him so big? Why make him shadowy? All perfectly valid questions, but again, ask the artist. Finding out why a thing is is much harder than finding out what it is.

You need to stop focusing on implications of imagined circumstantial evidence, and focus on the direct evidence - the actual figure in question.

• Like Like x 4
  13. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Blueprints are not artwork, schematics are not artwork, music is artwork, an image of a robot shrouded in shadow is artwork.

I'm wondering, if a future interview or segment from Hasbro says that actually is the ark on FTs box, will people still deny it?

I'm not trying to be smug, rude etx but I feel like I'm restating something obvious yet being mocked, ridiculed and made fun of for it, Hasbro puts out hints and info that can be deciphered by 8 year olds, they are not in the business of complicated mysteries in terms of their Generations toyline, the simplest answer is often the answer.

I'm only using information given out publicly but that character on the box is most certainly not Airwave via multiple different sources that are trusted, i posted multiple just to show consistency, not saying every rumor is true nor that some things don't change etc.

If a Hasbro rep or well known TF personality such as TF Slag Protoman or Chris Mcfeely says its not Airwave would you all accept that?

I dont aim to change opinions or beliefs although I apologize if it may seem that way, my goal is finding out the facts and truth although I admit that nothing I've shared is official or explicit, the same can be said of everything else here so in truth its a stalemate in terms of explicit factual evidence or statements

Your own argument is: it looks like Airwave thus it is Airwave. You are literally ignoring every other explicit detail. Your premise is akin to saying a siloutte of Nemesis Prime looks like Optimus thus is Optimus or a siloutte of Optimal Optimus looks like Ultra Magnus thus is Ultra Magnus, dozens of bots have a near identical siloutte.

Images are for those claiming the boxes are unofficial or not relevant to the mainline or not relevant to FT box, literally EVERY box of the MT St Hilary area has the Ark, the one box with art of that area without the Ark has a Giant robot in its place, no offense but how is that NOT obvious? 20200811_144244.jpg IMG_20200822_133706_659.jpg FB_IMG_1601230279160.jpg FB_IMG_1601230275686.jpg FB_IMG_1601230267418.jpg FB_IMG_1601230229136.jpg FB_IMG_1601230259491.jpg 20200926_113930.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  14. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What's the opposite of Occam's Razor?

• Like Like x 3
  15. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever this thread devolved into

• Like Like x 4
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

If they say that they wanted to tease the next titan without spoiling him too much so they drew the silhouette of another bot, I'd be fine with the explanation.
    If they say that they showed the Ark on the box I'd tell them to hire another artist because he drew the wrong bot.
    But if they say that the bot is Airwave, would you still deny it?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Airwave's Thread.

• Like Like x 5
  18. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't sure if you were serious with the poll, since your exact question contains the likely answer!

19. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    43C78975-1BE3-43D2-8E5E-53FE0F5104BA.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  20. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Might be worth pointing out that the Ark appears on the boxart on the other side flap.

Probably not, though.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.