Is there an official answer for Galvatron to Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Apr 9, 2019.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Tried searching online and didn't come across anything definitive, but was there ever an interview or some other "official" reason why Galvatron reverted back to Megatron in TLK? Thanks!

2. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

The mark on his face implies that Quintessa restored his body as a type of Knight.
    I also think Bumblebee's new power to separate into many pieces in AOE implies that Cade Yaeger, who keeps telling us he's an inventor, helped upgrade Bumblebee based on the KSI drones.
    But TLK doesn't explicitly explain any of this. It's poor writing.
    But Optimus is a Knight...
    The Knight designs are all a result of her, as she claims.
    She doesn't need to transform Optimus into a knight because he's already a Knight.
    If Galvatron leaves a KSI Drone to Quintessa and comes back a Knight, it's a safe assumption.
    I didn't say she only created the Knights. If you look at the context of what I said, I was saying that Optimus returned without a new Knight body because he already has a new Knight body.

And Megatron's facial mark is only ever given in the film by Quintessa, so yes he did go to space and return.

While Transformers originate from Quintessa, Knights can only be directly from her, not made in a factory or from hatchlings like the others.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Official answer:
    Hasbro answer: Megatron sells more toys than Galvatron.
    Lorenzo answer: Megatron was a necessary evolution to allow the full spectrum of Bayhem.
    Bay answer: Eh, no reason. Megatron sounds cooler than Galvatron.
    Writers Room answer: You mean the Galvatron in Age of Extinction? Oh, we didn't see that movie.
    Audience answer: Galva-who?
    Fan answer: Galvatron wanted his gladiatorial body back as he couldn't stand to be an embodiment of human creation. Quintessa made a deal with Galvatron that if he did what she wanted, she would forge Galvatron a new Cybertronian body and so he can take back his original name.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 22
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It doesn't, it implies he was under her thrall as Optimus was, but it in no way suggest she's responsible for his new body and name.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Nope. TLK was such a shitfire mess of a movie even hardcore Bayformer fans (I’m being extra specific here for a reason) had their heads spinning in confusion.

6. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Megatron is more popular than Galvatron, you cannot sell Galvatron because he isn't as iconic as Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The movie was so long and convoluted that I'm surprised people remembered Galvatron.

8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The guys making the the Last Knight forgot all about Galvatron, didn't care, and it's only a movie. And that's standard Paramount attitude towards the entire Bayverse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I thought it was always Megatron but the ksi company didn't know that, and just kept trying to call him optimus prime, but megatron decided to go with galvatron to stay incognito.

i should write bay movies. i'm just as good if not better. what i just wrote proves it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

That actually makes sense. I never thought of that. But then why not have all the other guys upgraded too?

11. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes. It's called Michael Bay.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bayverse movies are a 'Make Up Your Own Explanation' type of film series. The makers put in random stuff, and then leave it to the viewers to decide WTF is going on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It could be assumed that Megatron simply reverted to his original body, since Galvatron was designed by the humans he despised. Normal Transformers seem to be able to alter their appearance, I don't see why the Transformium robots shouldn't be able to do that either.

14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Okay, thanks all. Really, shame on them for doing that. I'm not sure how you release a movie with a plot hole as big as that. Had just wanted to revisit this situation in light of all the chatter about Bumblebee being a reboot.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I really wish the movie had bothered to explain how Galvatron became Megatron. Still, I think a little bit of fan canon can rationalize it.

"Galvatron" was never a name that Megatron chose for himself. The humans created their own truck mecha and named it Galvatron, and then Megatron's "soul" possessed the truck mecha. Presumably, Megatron answered to the name "Galvatron" to make the humans think he's still an obedient automaton. After the events of Age of Extinction, the humans and Autobots know that "Galvatron" is actually Megatron, and so there was no need for Megatron to even entertain the notion of the "Galvatron" name.

As for how his body changed back, shrug. Megatron thinks the humans are disgusting, so why would he want to keep a body the humans made for him?

My head canon is that Megatron thinks the human-made shape-changing Transformium bodies are an insult, and he wanted to get rid of it immediately. Perhaps Megatron asked a very trustworthy friend to transfer his spark from the truck mecha into the a standard-issue Transformer body. Doesn't matter whose body, or what that body transforms into. The Transformers in this series can change their body seemingly whenever they want. After all, if Optimus Prime can transform into a meteor, scan a truck, and then become a truck, perhaps Megatron went through a similar process and became a jet.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I never felt they needed to explain it, they are the same guy anyway, whatever he goes by Galvatron or Megatron, its still the same character.

Now if Galvatron had been a different character unrelated to Megatron and Megatron stayed dead in AOE, only for Megatron to appear out of nowhere alive and well with Galvatron nowhere to be seen, then that did needed an explenation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    There is definitely an answer and it sits on the cutting floor.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    She never claims this.

She's the Creator of all Transformers, not just the knights.

Something that never happened.

19. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Especially since he was pretty much a KSI guinea pig who went rogue. . .

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    That got left on the writer's room floor when they glued together the "ancient knights and dragons" script with the "Unicron is here!" script.