Is there a KO of G1 Megatron and where to buy?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, May 17, 2017.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi All,
    I'm adding a few extra pieces to my collection and am looking at adding the G1 Megatron. I've ordered a KO of G1 OPtimus I found on Aliexpress but Megs seems to be a different matter.
    I've found reports that there was a KO knocking around in 2008/2009 but I can't find any active listings for such a thing at stores, forums, ebay etc. Was this real and is it still available anywhere?
    My other option is to pick up one of the used Megatrons that are floating around on ebay, but prices are steep, figures are rarely complete and quality is likely to be poor.

2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure there aren't KO's of that Megatron.

3. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

There have been KOs of the G1 Megs made. I myself was looking for one years back. I already had the collections reissue 06 version of him but didn't want to remove it from pack.

Eventually I did find one but the price was outrageous that I just settled on buying a second reissue instead.

megatron_sm.jpg

I don't have it, but this was like the one I found on ebay years back !!! Hope u find one for your shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  4. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    There are no KO's of Megs. I think an Encore Megatron is your cheapest option.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Thanks for that pic. I'll keep looking I guess. The collection reissue is pretty rare and pretty pricey now too.

6. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Damn, the encore reissues and collection reissues are going for $200 plus each.
    Maybe I'll pick up one of those beaten up original G1 figures off ebay and do some work on it. A careful disassembly and clean up, give him a new coat of nice silver paint, and some detailing, some dry rub insignia...

7. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Yes, there are !!!
    Just not many around unlike the others. What there isn't is any G1 replicated boxed versions that look like the original. Unlike every other KO out there. But there are G1 KO Megatrons.

8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got this one in 2008 off eBay for a little over $10 shipped from China which was insane. I figured it was only $10 so if I got burned, it was only about $10. No big loss. But sure enough, the seller sent it and I got it! And then it all made sense then I opened it. The thing is a floppy mess. I keep it in gun mode as it holds together better that way. Here's a video review of it (sort of) back then. I apologize for the bad audio and video quality, but those were the "early years" of my video reviews.

Starts at 2:07 for the KO Megatron. Ignore that POS MP Megatron in the background.

I did end up changing the face with a legit Megatron face and tightened the screws which helped a little. But it's still loose. The stickers also fell off after shooting that video. Stuck on a set of reprolabels. I did end up getting an actual G1 Megatron for $48 a year after I shot that video. Looking back, I should have just dropped the extra $$$ and got a good G1 Megatron to begin with. But at that time, I really didn't care enough about that toy design to want to spend much for one. That's changed since then as well. I still think G1 Megatron looks like sh** in robot mode, but I appreciate the nostalgia and the general history of the toys and charger to the point where I was happy to have found a nice G1 original to display.

I say try going for a real G1 Megatron and you'll have better joint tightness if you find a decent one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

You are wrong. There is the Destroy Monarch, Ms. Butterfly.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  10. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I should look out for one of those cheap-ass KOs. I really need just the arm cannon so I can find a way to bash it onto my Apollyon.
    @Sportimus - if yours has achieved junker status, I'm in the market for the fusion cannon :p 

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll keep that in mind. But so far, after 9 years, he's still holding together. I don't know how, but he is. :lol 

12. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

With a little energon and a lot of luck, perhaps :p 

• Like Like x 1
  13. brickdust

brickdust Active Member

14. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

15. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  16. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

17. pg52282

pg52282 TF fan since 1986!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I tend to agree but with some exceptions.

The original releases from the 80s are still the best. Collection 6 was made in China and plastered on trigger assembly somewhere. There are places on Collection 6 Megatron where instead of screws, flat head pins where used. So it is difficult to tighten up his legs or arms. (I can't which or both had that issue). I did NOT like that.
    Also the scope can't be dissembled like the original releases could. (Minor but different).

The chrome was flawless on mine. Quite the show piece.

The projectile gimmick of the g1, that was neutered outside of Japan, is pretty cool.

You lessen the chance, as you say, for swirly plastic.

I did pickup a black faced KO Megatron a while back. Aside for some swirly plastic, unpainted black face, slightly less perfect chrome paint job, he was nearly identical to Collection 6. He eneded being a custom job though (articulated legs megs)

I'm sure KO Megatron has cycled out of circulation now. G1 reprints are history in the golden age of 3rd party masterpiece and 3rd party show accuracy Megatrons (Dx9 mini Mightron etc).

Just better to keep an eye on Ebay for a cheap G1 Megatron OP.
    Search for Transformers g1 Lot and I'll bet you can piece one together pretty cheaply (KO or original).

19. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I remember that! Ehobby release.
    Hasbro couldn't have a toy gun on the shelf. ^o^
    I would say that auction IS quite the collector piece going for a good price... and then I looked at the swirly weak plastic up close in the pics.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pg52282

pg52282 TF fan since 1986!!

Yea that is a little unsightly. I dunno if it was a E-Hobby release. I bought mine at BBTS back in 2012. It did look nice on the shelf but mine had loose joints. Sold that one and bought another from an ebay seller and had same problem. :(  I was probably unlucky.

I was wondering myself if there was gonna be KO G1 Megatron. there's a G1 KO Soundwave. I would think Megatron wouldn't be far behind.
    Transformers G1 Re-issue Deception Soundwave + transparent Tape Toy Figure NEW | eBay