Is there a Cybertronian god of war?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by QLRformer, Aug 18, 2019.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I didn't know whether to ask this on the General Discussion thread or here, but since Transformer gods primarily appear in the comics I picked this board.

Having a god of war is such an obvious concept it's a surprise no one has actually created one. It was done previously in the ARMADA cartoon, where Unicron was manipulating the Autobot-Decepticon conflict, but that's been it as far as I know.

Think how powerful and bloodthirsty this particular god would be with this story, sort of like if there was a Sith feeding on the Empire/Rebel conflict. And could he/she/it be defeated?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's a good point you've brought up. I mean they could've at least made the Fallen the Prime of War given how violent he can be in combat and in some cases like in the movie verse the big reason why the great war happened in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

The closest to a war god cybertron has is mortilus, but even that's complicated. I won't spoil it for you in case you read mtmte and lost light.

4. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

The Quintesons?

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I think that's the role Megatronus is supposed to fulfill.

• Like Like x 2
  6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Mortilus is complicated that I wouldn't really count it IMO.

But when dealing with a god of war, how much does he know/care about his nature?

EG Ares, the Greek god of war and Wonder Woman's nemesis, has had different characterizations over the years.

In the 2017 film, he's an evil bastard who engineers conflicts for mankind to hurt and destroy each other.

In the New 52 DC comics, he's a less psychopathic character and has nuances. He served as Diana's mentor on how to be a good warrior, he's rather cynical and tired, and most significantly he's doing what he does not because he likes it but because it's his job as a war god. That sort of characterization would be an interesting one IMO to see from a Cybertronian deity.

• Like Like x 1
  7. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

Eh, I see your point.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Per the TFCC's "Ask Vector Prime" feature, when the Thirteen visited Ancient Greece and were interpreted by the locals as the Twelve Olympians (and Hades), Megatronus incarnated as Ares. Take that as you will.

9. Swerve

Swerve Well-Known Member

"IS THERE A CYBERTRONIAN GOD OF WAR?"

G1 Marvel Buzzsaw. He was only available packed in with G1 Soundwave because neither Hasbro nor Takara's staff were willing to risk putting him into packaging unless he was being chaperoned.

10. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    In IDW, Primus was referred to as a warrior God. That's kinda like a War God.