Is the future of our race not not worth a single human life

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Yeah, no more cinnamon and paprika.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You should look up Stanislav Petrov and the events on September 26, 1983. We came close several times but because we didn't launch nukes at each other somehow people look at the past now with rose colored glasses to say we never would have launched on each other and ended the world.

Sorry but humans can be every bit as vicious and destructive as anything the Cybertronians can do. Just look at the fighting between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union during World War II and tell me we are somehow a more noble race.

3. Optimus_Khan

Optimus_Khan Well-Known Member

This.

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Lots of things can't live without the Sun, worlds would go cold, entire planet life would die. Not just the Earth, but any potential life on any other planet that we don't know of. Regardless if Prime knows that he is talking about the sun harvester, he know's that Megatron would kill every last being on this planet. Especially for another planet that is nothing more than an innocent bistandard in the matter.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think we shouldn't look too deep into Megatron's question. It's typical Megatron to justify his own evil. G1, BW, Animated, RID, etc all had a Megatron who by no means of the imagination is good, but who somehow believe in their own cause.

Perhaps rephrased, the question will be: "Isn't the survival of the Decepticon race--you know, we used to be friends--slightly preferable to the destruction of both our races?"

Think of a different Hugo Weaving character, Agent Smith. He spent the entire first Matrix movie monologuing to Morpheus about how great the Matrix is. At no point did Agent Smith actually believe he would get Morpheus to see his point of view. Just typical villainous megalomania.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    You will make the people who start threads in the movie forum very mad...

7. EnerPrime

EnerPrime Active Member

Well, considering the half of the cybertronian race that calls themselves Decepticons would gladly wipe out any race they find to protec their own, I think humans still have the high ground in nobility. Humanity does not have a 50% genocidal killer rate.

8. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I'd rather be a Transformer though, as long as it wasn't Wheelie.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

Point to where it says the Movieverse Decepticons comprise exactly 50% of the Cybertronian race. After pulling that particular rabbit out of a hat, you may further your great powers of mystical divination by telling me how many of the Decepticons believe their own propaganda, how many are plain lunatics, how many are dirty cowards who'd sooner run than fight and how many are pulling the fast debunked Nazi tact of following orders.

Then, if we want to get SUPER creative, we can check our crystal balls for my favourite X factors. How many Decepticons are former Autobots, how many Autobots are former Decepticons and how many from both side jumped ship and left planet.

See what I did here? Half the Cybertronians don't want to wipe out Humanity and more than half a certain group of Religeous people want to wipe out a certain sector of the world.

While certainly I wouldn't trust Megatron or nnything he says any further I can throw him, given the "mature" outlook given in the Bay-films, I wouldn't take it as gospel that ALL the Decepticons are total arseholes.

Besides, the cynic in me believes that many, many humans have genocidal tendancies or bouts of megalomania, we're just too lazy to try and act them out. :ev: 

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Isn't questioning whether Optimus Prime is the good guy sort of like questioning whether Chuck Norris will win a fight?

11. Primesfist

Just don't let Chuck know that you are questioning him. He won't be too happy. Like the time the Inland Revenue sent him a tax bill. He replied with a photo of him crouching and poised to attack... he's never paid taxes since.

Maybe the Autobots should enlist Chuck.

12. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I'd like to believe that too but things arnt always that black and white.

13. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    this is a line im gonna use in a little comic strip heh

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not really.

How our heroes are portrayed reflects upon the society telling the story. Just look how old heroes like Robin Hood constantly change to reflect the times in which the story is told. Our fiction often tells us things about ourselves that we normally wouldn't talk about.

15. Primesfist

It is an interesting angle, thinking of Prime with an ulterior motive. Complete baloney but interesting nonetheless.

16. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

In fact, it is beryllium baloney.

17. Primesfist

That's some tasty baloney! Great with a dollop of South-West Sauce!

18. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

So if one one of your family members was in Sam's place, it'd be allright to kill him/her? I mean, it's to save the human race..