Is the future of our race not not worth a single human life

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Aug 15, 2009.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megtron got a point.

But why say it towards Prime.?

Do they both know he holds the key to energy for both of them to breed robots as they were together as one before the war..

But as megatron says he is still pointing that out towards prime that they were together once on cybertron..?

2. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I think cause the fallen and all IDK.

3. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Prime: "You'll never stop at one!"

And this is more than likely true. Megatron would likely suck the planet dry/ kill humans off for pleasure eventually.

And besides I'm sure the reason why he and the Fallen want to 'regenerate/ replenish' the cybertronian race is to amass an army and conquer galaxy.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    because prime cannot and will not saccrifice one race to save his own , and as prime put it , "you will never stop at one"

5. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    F'en bad ass quote.

6. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Prime didn't know, until Megatron said, "there's another source of energon hidden on this planet; the boy can lead us to it" earlier in the same scene.

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    THERES ANOTHER SOURCE OF ENERGON HIDDEN ON THIS PLANET. THE BOY WILL LEAD US TO IT.

Prime: Hmm....Really? Promise to stop at one?

(fingers crossed behind back)
    Megatron:sure.

Prime: k take the boy

(Drives off)

Sam:OPTIMUS?!?!

Lets all pretend that happened while viewing this thread.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

This topic again. IMO here, of course, but...

Megatron is not being noble here. If the survival of the Transformers was what Megatron (or the Fallen) really wanted, they would not have started the war in the first place. What Megatron is most likely trying to do is get Prime to doubt his own motives. If he succeeded, there's a (very small) chance Prime might reconsider his position.

Assuming Prime doesn't change his mind about protecting Sam (let's face it, Megatron knows he won't), Prime might at least have enough doubt that he wouldn't be giving his all in the fight, or might hesitate long enough for Megatron to take advantige. It's actually a very smart, sneaky psychological thing for Megatron to do. In the end though, Megatron is still the bad guy who wants to blow everything up in pursuit of power.

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Should happen in a Spoof

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Megatron = untrustworthy. He's not allowed to be alone with the power of a sun at his fingertips. (which, may I remind, are sharp)

11. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Read defiance. The survival of the race was the exact reason Megatron started the war. Cybertron was being invaded by aliens who wanted to steal the allspark. They were amassing an armada in space. Prime wanted to ignore it until they attacked Cybertron directly and Megatron wanted to strike first.

Of course during this time he became a convert to The Fallen, and began to see the only way to protect Cybertron was to conquer all surrounding star systems. Though Megs eventually saw Prime as an undermining factor and started the war on the autobots viewing them as enemy sympathizers. So yes in Megatron's own twisted view of things, he's doing what he thinks is right.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not sure the Transformers world is all black and white.

Lets say you came to this planet from somewhere and found out about the horrors humans have been inflicting on each other in things like World War II. It's not a great leap of logic to think perhaps these creatures are dangerous so maybe it's better to stop them while you can. Perhaps Megatron thinks Prime is a fool because he thinks that if they were given the chance the humans would stab him in the back to further their own ends. You know what with Megatron not getting a very warm welcome by the humans.

And Prime for a good guy he's got a lot of Cybertronian blood on his hands. In the heat of battle you could say it was kill or be killed between him and the Fallen, but to kill a Constructicon when it could no longer fight back, well when a human kills another human that can no longer fight back we tend to call that evil.

But yea no one stops at just one. Kind of like the guy with the little mustache saying he was going to stop at annexing just one bit of land or the criminal who says they will stop with just one robbery. Doing evil things just doesn't ever stop at just one.

13. interceo

interceo Well-Known Member

Actually the real question is "it this phrase thruth?, i mean it's really no other option?" cause until that day megatron was killing lots of humans no just personally but indirectly by other decepticons; so the first to consider the lie behind this phrase therefore out of place and most important, are we enough to decide who leaves an who don't? wich is the same phrase that optimus throw to megatron in the first movie at the final battle.

14. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Maybe Megs was just being rhetorical, he didn't really want an answer to the question.

Whatever, I don't really like talking about the "plot" of that movie.

15. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I think that it's awesome that Optimus is willing to sacrifice himself for us but a little strange that he would sacrifice his entire race so easily.

If I were a TF i'd probably side with Megatron on this personally.
    I mean I wouldn't want my entire race destroyed because of some human(humans).

Sure i'd feel bad about it but I wouldn't let it get in the way of having an entire races history,culture and people destroyed.

Maybe if Sam were willing to sacrifice for the TF's the same way Optimus would for us,then...

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    their called mind games. Break your opponents concentration while fighting. I really doubt Megaton was trying to convince prime of anything. In 07 he taunts him in a similar fashion

17. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Buts one of best quotes in the film along with you never stop at one i take you all on..

18. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I thought about that too.

I mean, Prime must think really really low of the Tformers to waste them like this. It becomes somewhat unrealistic that Prime is so willing to screw his own race for the sake of some beings with only "the potential to be good".

Maybe Prime wishes to protect the human race in his own way, like in I-Robot. It sure seems like it when he's all "I'll protect you all, but I don't trust your stupidity, so I won't give you any Autobot Weaponry, because you'll just f**k your planet up. So, in effect, I decide what's good and what's not for your race, because even though you can be good, you can be asses as well, and incapable of doing what's right without guidance".

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I joked about this before..if Megatron would vow to kill no more humans, would Prime give him Sam? :lol 

But of course not..since the reason he wants to kill Sam is to get to the Matrix to power up the machine that destroys all life on earth..:D 

20. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    LMAO :lolol