Is the battle with Unicron more epic in the comics or the film?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Proud Nintendo, May 13, 2020.

?

Best Unicron battle

1. The movie

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. The comic

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. Proud Nintendo

Proud Nintendo Well-Known Member

I mean... the film, let's face it, Unicron didn't really have any backstory. He simply exists, is very dangerous and is afraid of the Matrix... this lack of an explanation is why Simon Furman developed the Primus mythos in the comics....

I actually prefer Issue #75's take on the battle with Unicron because of just how much build up there was to the battle, the whole mythology of Primus and Unicron made it seem so much more epic... while I do love "Light our darkest hour" in the movie... I equally love "I know now that GOODNESS WILL PREVAIL!"

2. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Definitely the comic.

Yeah, the movie had prettier animation and looked quite sleek, but let's face it, I think the "to sell toys" approach really came to Furman's advantage here with all the casualties the comic "Battle with Unicron" had (which were characters that had already been discontinued like the Headmasters and Targetmasters as well as the 1988 Pretenders), whereas in the movie, the only people we see dying are some random seeker jets (and in the movie scripts, it was implied Shockwave also died), but no one else. At least we could have had a hero dying, but all the casualties in the movie's final battle, even in the script stage, are Decepticons.

So yeah, I always felt the comic one felt more apocalyptic.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

Comic since it didn't really have the restrictions the movie did.

I'll give the movie this, love Unicron's transformation sequence set to his theme.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

i rather armada.

i didnt really read that issue, so I can't reply. but the movie had a pretty slick battle.

5. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Definitely the comic, especially with scenes like this:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I voted for the Movie. Great animation however I may have voted hastily.

There was too much time wasted on showing us Daniel, Arcee and Kup running around inside Unicron and I never really liked them.

It would have been nice to see more from the Decepticon perspective on Cybertron.

The comic had to waste time with the humans and suffered from terrible colouring. Plus I prefer Rodimus Prime being the hero not Optimus.

Thunderwing was wasted. The battle seemed too short as well.

Don't get me wrong, they both have their merits but neither are perfect. At least the comic gave us more Transformers in the battle.

7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think the battle with Unicron has been epic in any part of the franchise yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Optimus141

Optimus141 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think Unicron was terrifying for 3/4 of the film. Then they dropped the ball with a lackluster final battle.
    I haven't read the comic version.

• Like Like x 1