Is the 2001 RID Cartoon Any Good?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheIronBot, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

well either way they were much smaller then characters like G1 Optimus Prime and the standard cars and jets from that line

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. Altered Prime

I'll take your word for it for the translation on the box but I wasn't going just by eBay titles.. I remember number of fan sites and other places that had him listed as black battle Convoy even if you look at Transformers land.com right now they have him listed as a super-class back black battle Convoy
    Super Class Black Battle Convoy ( D-012 ) (Transformers, Car Robots, Destron) | Transformerland.com - Collector's Guide Toy Info

also if you Google black battle Convoy you can see the other sites have his so listed

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, on that page as well, even though the title says "battle," the actual box, instructions, and card do not. I'm sure this is just another case of something being translated wrong once, and then it getting passed onto people who won't check the katakana, who then pass it onto more people as fact, who pass it onto more people, and so on and so on.

On a side note, that page you posted has Black Convoy listed as a Destron, even though the box picture they themselves posted says he's a Destronger, both in Japanese AND in English.

4. Altered Prime

I'm going to have to defer to your knowledge on that

5. Titanium12

Titanium12 Active Member

Not that bad but not serious.

6. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    I liked it...I like the animation style...I do get tired of the announcement of weapons and transformation though. I likeven the toy line a bunch too.

7. BLACK BATTLE RODIMUS CONV

BLACK BATTLE RODIMUS CONV Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I really enjoyed the show and the toy line. I just hate that they have never released it on dvd here in the states.

That got old real fast. But, At least it wasn't as bad as armada. The transformation sequences in that drove me crazy.

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Amen to that.