Is Ratchet overdoing it a little?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Prowl, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This isn't a criticism towards that cartoon, as I have already stated everywhere how much I love it.

This is more asking if you guys think that Ratchet is a little full of it. I mean assuming (just assuming) that this even has a 20% tie to G1, don't you think Ratchet is trying to make the Great War out to be much more horrible than it actually was just to scare the young bots? I mean there were some good times.

And then, when Bulkhead sees the Decepticon ship and states "I've never seen a Decepticon ship before", Ratchet responds with "No one has, and lived"

But that's also impossible, because how else would the great war have been won if the Autobots creamed the Decepticons and had to go head to head with their ships. I'm sure MANY autobots saw decepticon ships and lived.

So I think that he enjoys the fact that he's the only one that's been around long enough, and can scare the younger bots with Scary stories about how BAD he had it. hehehe

edit: Imagine Ratchet drunk at a party!?

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    He has a very Kup-ish vibe coming off.

He's the war torn veteran though,and if you have every sat and listened to a real war vet they make the wars out to be more horrible than they really were.So the creators of the show have some really great storytelling and research to the real world going on in the show and I think it's great.

3. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I think it's a little difficult for anybody who hasn't been in a war to say that the descriptions are 'more horrible' than it really was...

4. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Well, think about it... a full-crew of Decepticons on a ship as large as the Nemesis? You can bet your ass the Autobots would get destroyed. The only reason our Autobots didn't bite the dust is because they were carrying the Allspark.

5. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Well i don't doubt that overall the Great War was not a pleasant experience for the Autobots, and that's what Ratchet is primarily trying to convey to the young 'bots.

6. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

I agree with Overhaulimus, my father has been a firefighter for 25+ years and his biggest pet peeve is when people talk about how "exciting" or "cool" it must be...he's seen a lot of ugly stuff (burned bodies, etc.). Up until Vietnam people thought war was romantic...carnage is only exciting until you're knee deep in it.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not even bringing real wars or experiences into this. I just hear him saying "The decepticons left us little to cheer about", but there were definitely moments of glory and celebration. More than half the time Galvatron was the one running home to Momma, and if anyone went through some hardships it was the cons after the war when they were mauling eachother for Energon like beggars. Again this is not a criticism of the show or it's writing, more just looking into one of my favorite characters in this new series.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Bulkhead: I've never seen a Decepticon ship up close before!
    Ratchet: No one has ... and lived!

I take that more as a no Autobot ever got that close to a Decepticon warship and managed to survive. Usually if you're an Autobot and you're that close to a Decepticon ship, you're either being carted in and then killed, or you're about to die from it's huge fucking lazer.

Just how I viewed it.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I pretty much agree with Kickback. Though he does seem to be a little on the grumpy side, so he could just be being miserable.:p 

10. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed here.

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey Ratchet deserves to be grumpy. He is the only one of Prime's team with war experience, and plus cops give him tickets just for sleeping. I have a feeling he will go ape middle of season 1 and have 1 sole episode dedicated to him kicking the almighty asses of the decepticons, and using Black Arachnia's alt mode spider finger tip as a replacement for his broken crest.

RATCHET FTCHOCKFULLOFW

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE RATCHET AND BLITZWING IN A BOT ON BOT BRAWL. THOUGH MANY MIGHT THINK BLITZWING HAS THE UPPER HAND, RATCHET WOULD PULL OUT SOME CRAZY MOVE TO FINISH THE DEAL. IMAGING HAVE A THREE FACED BLITZWING HEAD AS A TROPHY

13. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

More horrible then it was?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?

Were you there?
    Upon what insane notion do you build this nonsense??

14. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decepticon day! I still remember that horrid episode from the old cartoon.

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes, ratchet is a bit crotchety.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    war is hell. and now that they're on the brink of another one, Ratchet is gonna be working overtime to stress it to them.

17. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It's not like he didn't see it coming. And eventually The Cybertron Elite Guard are going to learn never to let their chrome
    down in a few episodes down the road.

18. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Sorry for being blunt, but you're talking bull****. Vets actually tell you the stuff they think won't upset you to much, what they think they can tell you without them looking like psychos or deranged for doing some things they wouldn't do in their nightmares or witnessing first hand things that'll make you think if they're still sane or no. War is nasty bussiness, and the only winners when common people are concerned, are the ones who got out alive and somewhat unscathed, physicaly and mentaly.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Yeah and Blitzwing should drop from the sky as a tank, land, and target Hot Rod and Daniel saying "Come down Autobrat". Then Kup I mean Ratchet can jump up on the tank and pull the barrel up at the last second blasting a Decepticon. Man I just came up with a cool new fight scene for Transformers Animated!! What do you guys think? :) 

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I agree. War is Hell!