Is Prime to mature now for the younger audience?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would have to think this is rather mild compare to some parts in the movies that kids might of seen.

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
  3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While the show has a rather dark tone to it I think if parents were okay with the death of Cliffjumper then they should still be okay with the series. The show has had it's dark moments since season one it just seems that we got dark moments a bit closer together this time.

Transformers Prime still seems less dark than some weeks on Star Wars the Clone Wars so if can keep it's rating warning to parents then Prime should be fine with it's current warning.

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

5. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    TFP has been a pretty mature show since its premiere. Aside from a few good comedy bits...

6. MeNOTGrimlock

MeNOTGrimlock Well-Known Member

If anything, the show is more kiddie friendly in Season 2

Let's not forget Breakdown tossing a car at a helicopter in Operation Breakdown. Don't think there were survivors there :p 

7. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My soon to be 5 year old has already gotten bored watching Animated and is now back interested in Prime again. He really wants to know what is going to happen next after watching last night's episode.

8. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Seeing that most kids in america play dead space they'll be fine.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My daughter is 10. Airachnid being a spider bothers her due to her Arachnophobia. Age + spider + dark tone of show = Yeah, she's a bit disturbed by it at times. That being said, she embraces each new episode and just loves it. She's so sad to know that the season finale is coming. I mean like...heartbroken. It was so sad to see her face when I told her it wouldn't be back for months. (You'd have thought someone punched her puppy...)

It's light enough, just enough, that I'll let her watch it. There are some episodes, such as The Human Factor that I'll watch first to make sure she can handle it.

I do think the show is incredibly dark for what comes out of a kid's property. I even think it should be rated TV-PG instead of TV-Y7 FV. But the show itself is fantastic and I have no problem giving my wallet in hopes of keeping the show and the toys going.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I saw a father taking his young kids to see Watch Men so if parents will take kids into a movie with the big blue swinging in the breeze parents will let their kids watch anything these days.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No.

Personally I think kids like darker and edgier cartoons. I know I do.

12. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

THIS

13. Ai Megumi

Ai Megumi Leonis Prime's girl

Well the show was never meant for the younger audience. They made Rescue Bots for them.

14. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    as a wee bugger i grew up on Tim Burton movies, when my folks wanted to watch an r rated movie with me in the room, they would, but they'd take the time to explain what was going on, and that yes it is all a simple work of fiction.

and if you wanna talk dark cartoons, just look at the disney films that most of us grew up on, each one usually features at least one or two horrific murders.

besides most kids know that the good guys are gonna win in the end. and that it means more when they do, if the situation they're put into looks truely hopeless

also, im pretty sure that kids nowadays see and hear much worse when they play call of modern warfare duty on their xbox