Is Optimus have a firetruck trailer toy ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Spacemonster505, May 6, 2009.

1. Spacemonster505

Spacemonster505 Active Member

I know Optimus is a semi with the ability to put out fires. Most of the series he's been trailer .but as of Human error part 1 He had a trailer or plugged into a trailer like Rodimus prime. also on hasbro.com the show a Optimus firetruck but the buy now dosent work. Has anyone seen this?

2. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Voyager mold of OP has a "fire truck" attachment. It is really his axe folded in on itself with a working water gun slapped on top. That is the closest you are going to get to Fire Truck Prime.

He can attach many different trailers in the show. He has classic G1, fire truck, dump truck...it think that is all, but the fire truck is the only one represented in a toy.

...just have to say this, I got my OP Voyager, only to transform it the first time to discover that he didn't have his Autobot symbol...I was a very angry southerner. That is never a good thing.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why i cant wait for Animated to be released in japan. The fan companies are focused on henkei stuff cuz that is what they have in stores. We might get a firetruck trailer when japan shifts focus to animated

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
  5. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Because Animated is not getting to 52 episodes, it is unlikely that TakaraTomy will release Animated in Japan. That, and they watched the sales figures here very closely, to the point that it may not have been "successful" enough for TakaraTomy to consider bringing over.

We have yet to see what "Wingblade Optimus Prime" looks like. Perhaps he has a trailer-like thingy that forms his "wings" or what have you.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    maybe one of the TF trailer accessoryguys should make a trailer for Animated Prime instead of making a million trailers for Classics Prime x__o

7. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Hmm, possible future project? I hope so.

8. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Unlikely.

Animated never hit Japan, so they'd be relying COMPLETELY on a United States/UK source-base, and I'm pretty sure Hasbro would flip out for safety reasons.

EDIT: I'm aware that Animated hit other countries as well, but I have no idea what the assortments or waves released there are. Sometimes they only get one to two waves of a certain size-class and that's it.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well Takara did release Beast Wars Returns which was only 24 episodes and kinda a flop in the states too toy sales wise. I don't think it will be anytime soon but I can see Tomy using it to fill a gap and releasing the primary show characters at least

10. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

FWIW Kickback... for the first time since Generation 1 (and maybe not even then) Australia has gotten every wave released thus far (we're currently up to the Prowl in Armour/Blurr/Waspinator wave).

We normally get shafted.
    But there's always a few (FAB seem to be shelf warmers as does Blitzwing and Lugnutz).

11. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    this is true. we missed a lot of the unicron trilogy lines, and some of the movie ones too. the only shelfwarmer i've seen in the animated line is ultra magnus, and we STILL have regular movie bonecrushers everywhere

12. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Later versions of it did add an Autobot logo, but it's really ugly. It's not the same type of emblem that every other Animated toy has.

13. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
  14. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    In a word, YES. If Powered Commander and other Classics inspired Optimus trailers can be done -- and a Rodimus Prime "Protector" trailer to follow -- then we want this!!

15. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

We need a Fans Project type company whose sole focus is on making animated figures more awesome.
    I can think of several things that this hypothetical company could do:
    1) Firetrailer for prime
    2) conehead attachement for starscream clones
    3) some kind of body kit to bring Sentinel and Lugnut up to scale

4) OMEGA SUPREME (j/k, sort of)

16. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

That would be cool! :)  IF FansProject (I think it's from Japan) can make awesome Commander Trailers, I bet they could make a decent firetruck trailer for Ani Ops. BUt then again, that's if any Jap designers want to..

-----

And yeah, if Optimus is really a firetruck in the Animated series, there should be a firetruck version of him. I mean, I would be glad if they could make one :) 

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I would buy the hell out of that.

Someone in the Radicons section is already scratchbuilding an Animated Omega, btw.