Is my Trypticon complete?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by twheaten, May 20, 2014.

1. twheaten

twheaten Member

Hi,

Great site - I just purchased a Trypticon yesterday as part of a larger toy purchase I was doing. Thanks to your forum I got him walking again - I must admit he's pretty awesome.

I'm hoping the forum could help out and let me know if I have all the parts. Here are some pictures below - I'm not sure if parts from another transformer are mixed in with the extra pieces.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 First immortality, then the bitches. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    From the looks of it, you're only missing the other L-shaped combiner leader connector. Though some of those look like Metroplex pieces.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
  4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks like you are missing one L connector and Full Tilt's gun

5. twheaten

twheaten Member

Thanks guys - this is a great forum. I'll hold onto the Metroplex parts and hope that as I process the toys I come across the transformer for the parts.

I'll clean him up and enjoy him while he's up for sale.

To try and pay it back in the future if someone else is trying to get their Trypticon working here is what I did.

Cleaned the battery compartment thoroughly with baking soda on a Q-tip to remove any battery acid that had leaked due to batteries being left in the compartment.
    I dissasembled the toy and gently (GENTLY) turned the motor.
    It now works well - although I notice its finicky about ensuring a proper connection between the batteries (i.e., if you hold them in a place then put the cover on - all is good)

6. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    What brr-icy said.
    If you are going to replace those items, take note that the L-connectors are not the same: there's a left one and a right one. Don't end up buying another of the same L-connector that you already have! Secondly, unfortunately, Full Tilt's gun is one of the single most expensive Transformers accessories to replace: it's so tiny that many must have gotten lost.

Main body looks to be in great condition, though... I had to piece together my first really nice Trypticon from three junkers with different problems: yellow discoloration on the shoulder cannons, discoloration on Full Tilt, a broken foot plate, a broken connector on the extendable tower and various missing parts. I now have two Trypticon 'corpses' in a box somewhere in my storage unit :D 

7. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    also in the future if you are needing to know things like this just look in the resources section. its in the menu bar above. also tfwiki.net is very helpful for this sort of thing and also lots of other info on transformers. and if you are wondering what a certain part goes to check out transformerland.com. it has a identify section to help figure out what figure a part goes to.

8. twheaten

twheaten Member

Thanks for all the help - I hadn't found the other resources only some threads on this forum from doing the repair.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter: