Is Miko insane?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by JimTheJIRRMan, Jul 10, 2011.

1. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    I still think she has more character than Complain about everything jack and Computer Raf. I mean, Raf has potential but he hasnt really been used much, but i think jack has the worst character. all he does is whine.

2. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Well to me, Miko went from annoying to tolerable to annoying again and now she's just nothing other than plain annoying. It might sound bad and it will never happen, but I kinda hope she... dies... or at least get injured badly after ignoring another order to stay at the base. It would be a great opportunity to give both Jack and Raf some major development, not to forget about Bulkhead! How would he react. And Miko might tone down after that and actually become an enjoyable character (if she was to survive)! Though this will of course never happen, sadly enough...

3. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Are people incapable of realizing why she left the base? It seems like they are.

They also seem to be incapable of noticing that when they asked her to leave following the realization that things got potentially dangerous she actually left without argument rather than hiding out and going back into danger like she did in Darkness Rising 3.

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I don't know, I find her cute. especially when she was doing that funny dance when she thought there was a spider on her.

5. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wouldn't it have made more sense if she, oh, I dunno... WENT THE F*** HOME if June was the only problem? But nooo... what does she do... she goes and gets in the way... AGAIN. Using Jack's mom to justify her stupid actions doesn't make them any less stupid.

6. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Oh how this reminds me why I stopped drinking energy drinks.

Maybe the show needed to find a way to have bay explosions in the show but rather they just contained it in a character.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, it wouldn't. She made it really obvious that she hates living with her host parents. She prefers the 'bots company.

8. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

I don't think she *hates* them...but, can't stand her parents because they're boring, doesn't really get on well with her host-parents? Does she just not like authority figures? Well, excluding the Autobots, I guess, though I'm sure there's been times she hasn't much liked them, either.

9. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

And this is why many of us don't like her. She's an ungrateful brat who thoughtlessly abuses the trust her friends give her even when it actively puts them in harm's way trying to protect her from her own bad choices. And she shows little sign of changing yet, despite her actions causing some direct harm.

- Coeloptera

10. Sandbreaker

Sandbreaker Active Member

Not to mention that this sort of action isn't tolerated in any military unit. While the Autobots can't guarantee the kids' safety, they would trust them to use their common sense. Unfortunately, Miko doesn't seem to have any of that.

11. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm annoyed by this also.

12. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not home to her parents, home to wherever she's staying to blow off steam...

... waitaminute... just where is she staying anyway?!??!

Yeah, but how often do they run through ground bridges and cause problems? We're not debating her personality here...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  13. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Host parents, but she says they're annoying and that she thinks she scares them. Thus far we haven't seen them, or their house, as far as I know. If she were real, I'd smack the crap out of her, though. You don't disrespect someone who lets you LIVE IN THEIR HOME so you can continue to stay in America, even if it is for the school year.

14. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Droop Snoot

News Credits:
    It's not that I HATE Miko, in fact, I love all the TF Prime characters, but she is REALY annoying. It's not just a heavy metal robot over there she wants to meet and take close ups of, it's a heavy metal decepticon that wants to kill her because she's valuable to the autobots. It would be beneficial if Miko got out of the way, so instead of saving her all the time, the bots could focus on, oh, I dunno, SAVING THE WORLD FROM DECEPTICONS. A think that on one mission, if she sneaks along, she should be kidnapped and tortured by the decepticons! That'd Teach her!

15. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I think Miko probably thinks she's in an anime. ;) 

I actually quite like how she acts, it's more interesting than Jack's realism or the other guy who doesn't matter. I do agree that sometimes it's a little jarring, but if she got toned down, she wouldn't be Miko anymore, but 'female Jack'. Which is kinda scary.

16. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think she has to be toned down and show at least some consideration for the people around her. The bots, the host parents etc.

In my opinion, she can come off as abrasive and inconsiderate to the people around her at times.

The most recent episode was tolerable. At least it wasn't another Shadowzone. Maybe she improved a little bit. At least I hope so.

The thing is, first impressions count. She doesn't need to bury herself and deeper, especially with what she did in Shadowzone and Darkness Rising(Even though it ended well).

I think there was a mistake with Miko. They gave her a zany, cartoony, over the top personality in a world that's supposed to be a bit more realistic, at least more realistic than g1, animated and many of the other Transformer shows that came before. At the moment, her character feels more zany, cartoony and over the top than many if not all the personalities that have appeared in G1, Animated etc. If you're going to make the world a bit more realistic, you're going to have to make the characters at least a little more realistc. Maybe I'm wrong.

But I think she has to be toned down a little bit. I'm happy with a bit of crazyness. But when you end up with a character that carelessly and continuously puts others at risk, I think the relatability of that character plummets.

17. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Maybe she's a movie human?

:lol 

18. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

I still think a lot of aspects of Miko are pokes at the fandom... and judging from the reaction (backlash?), I'd say some of those pokes are successful. :D 

19. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is probably the best description of Miko I've ever heard.

20. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    There's also the theory that she's meant to represent the Unicron Trilogy which people hated.