Is Megatron Already Dead(or Undead)?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by DarkRobin, Sep 3, 2011.

1. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

We've seen Megatron's eyes and circuits or body parts glow purple due to infusing himself with Dark Energon.

This kind of glow is very much the same effect displayed by undead Cybertronian raised by Dark Energon.

Megatron was on the brink of death after the "Darkness Rising" arc. He survived and was revived by Dark Energon.

And we know Dark Energon raises dead transformers as undead.

So is it possible that while Megatron retains his mind, will and personality. But he really is already Cybertronian version of vampire/zombie?

In most fictions and stories, creatures like vampires possesses greater strength and other physical capabilities than humans. And the causes for humans getting turned into vampires are usually vampire bites or vampire blood.

So Dark Energon is like vampire blood, Megatron taking it into himself is like turning himself into an Alpha vamp, and goes on turning others into the undead.

Of course he still seems more alive than dead. But since Dark Energon is the Anti-spark, or antimatter to Energon. It doesn't seem likely that Megatron is alive in the Cybertronian sense.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. He injected himself with it while his spark was still alive. It only fills the robot with "anti spark" if there is nothing there.

3. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Maybe not dead but I have a feeling that Dark Energon has indoctrinated him. Hearing Unicron's thoughts? Seeing visions?

Unicron has Megatron by his...um....cannon. Yeah, cannon. XDDD

4. DarkRobin

Yeah, but then the space-bridge explosion happened. What if Megatron's original life-force was already gone?

One thing that always bothered me is that if Dark enerong is the anit-spark. Wouldn't it extinguish the spark of the transformer it come in contact with.

Like vampiric infection takes over a human host and then him or her into a vampire/undead/living dead.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it was then he would be a mindless zombie right now. But he's not.

6. DarkRobin

That's why for a long time I DIDN'T think he was dead or undead. Because he still has his mind.

But I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe he's undead while still having his mind intact somehow.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It wasn't, because even without the Dark Energon they were able to keep him alive.

Megatron never died. He's not a zombie.

8. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I think he is a lich, since he is immortal and can control undeads. The dark energon shard is his phylactery :D 

9. Stormrunner

Stormrunner Cry for the Cat's Eye

Personally, I think Unicron is keeping him alive, he says he has to have the shard to keep himself alive after all.

But, he is not dead he was never off life support long enough for him to "die".

10. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of thought megatron spark is out right gone.
    When he was deactived his spark was dead but because he's a zombie, he keeps going.

Alpha vamp? Na i think he's just a plan old zombie.
    I'm just not sure why he gets to keep his brain.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron's neither dead nor undead (assuming that term is still used with zombies). Megatron is very much alive; he's shown more intelligence than all zombie transformers combined—the dude can speak.

Megatron, like all others empowered by Dark Energon, glows purple when he’s drawing power from it.

I'd like to know why Dark Energon doesn't effect Decepticons negatively; why don't they grow weak from touch? And why wasn't Megatron turned into a berserker when he nearly bit the dust at the end of Darkness Rising?

His near death experience this time around, however—or his proximity to a large Dark Energon deposit—has unleashed what looks like the full-force of his shard, as his body now glows in a way it hasn’t yet before.

12. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Let's not forget, he was alive after the Space-Bridge explosion and was under surveillance from Starscream, Soundwave and KnockOut. His life signs were always active albeit low.

13. DarkRobin

You and I have same question about Dark Energon's effect on living transformers. My theory is that it strengthens those whose minds or programming are evil and weakens those that are good.

I'm not saying Megatron is definitely dead or undead. I just think it's a possibility he's become Transformers' version of vampire or zombie who are living dead or undead despite his mind, intelligence and personality being still intact.

Then let's also not forget when Cliffjumper was raised by Dark Energon, his life signal came back online too. Which mean being undead doesn't mean lifeless to Cybertronians