Is MakeToys over?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sportimus, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Where are these Headmasters that are on clearance everywhere?

Because all I see is sold out
    https://www.toydojo.com/maketoys-mtrm-06-contactshot/

Sold out
    https://www.toydojo.com/maketoys-rm-04-ironwill/

Sold out
    Make Toys - RM-04 Iron Will - MISB

Sold out
    MakeToys MT RM-04 Ironwill Hardhead

You keep going on about Headmasters being on clearance everywhere, but there are a bunch of people who would like to buy them if they were:rolleyes: 

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  2. Clyde the Jackal

Clyde the Jackal I'm not toon accurate

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Let me know where these clearanced seekers are so I can get Lightning and Skycrow. I certainly think them going Seeker mania helped contribute to the current status, but you definitely have it backward.

Anyway, yeah, Highbrow and Brainstorm please. Those 2 are on my most wanted list.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clyde the Jackal

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Cupola & Iron Will are still in stock at The Chosen Prime, TFSource (at $99) and direct from Maketoys among others.

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I still don't know where you are seeing the Headmasters on clearance :lol 

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Dude. I know you are fond of the seekers. I don't see the attraction of a buying a guy in three different decoes personally, but I get that you like that gimmick.
    Sooner or later though you're going to have to come to terms with the fact they were a bad business decision on Maketoys' part.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Meanwhile I'm still waiting for all those Headmasters that are on clearance at those multidudes of e-tailers.

7. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well you keep saying the seekers are on clearance too, where are those?

This is a weird argument, I can find some headmasters and starscream at some online retailers, I don’t think either were a disaster or pure success. But Maketoys has clearly made some bad financial decisions.

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    At this point nobody knows what you are talking about.
    There are still people asking for Maketoys to produce the other Headmasters long after the first ones were produced.
    Anyone can see that they were a succes.
    To claim that they somehow caused Maketoys to go bankrupt is very strange.
    It almost seems like you hate the characters and want to shitpost.

9. Clyde the Jackal

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Leus is that you?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    22DF2251-8CB4-4EA3-A6AF-E4AC535A5EB5.png 885AF432-E15E-4D94-BC84-7D12B91F6F09.png 6DF1A534-C57A-4A1F-A68E-9DDD0CC1DDD9.png 04284F48-A8F2-4128-BF01-2B350E6171D6.png 63811875-BC56-4046-8293-6A66F860FE70.png I’m shitposting? Just looking at TFsource and BBTS I can find all the headmasters and TFSource has them on discount. The only available Seeker is meteor and he’s on preorder.

They are producing more seekers right now because they sell, otherwise they wouldn’t be making them.

• Like Like x 3
  11. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

eh, those are only clearance prices if you want to believe they are. the headmasters were available new for not much more than $100....i want to say even american places had it for under $120. eitehr way $100 for a MP bot of that size isn't "clearance", but they have stuck around in stores longer than almost anything i can remember other there than their small CHUG computron. those were clearances multiple times lol.

12. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah but that chug computron sold out and had 8 reissues that went on sale/clearance but their protectobots on the other hand did they ever reissue?

13. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

Quantron on deep discount is like a holiday staple at this point. Guardia is supposed to be getting a reissue at the end of this year but we'll see. YM just showed off more of their Hot Spot so that'll be around the corner for sure, next up to the KO bat would be Neoart Hypernovae.

14. leus

leus Well-Known Member

So let me enlighten everyone ........what it comes down to is money and priorities. For example.....I have lots of money so my priority is to buy every single masterpiece transformer that is released as soon as it's released because I can do that. A person who is on a budget, which likely includes most people, have to prioritize which bots to buy and when to buy them. So given that Maketoys has it's own store and is pretty good at reissuing their bots and keeping their bots on the shelf, most people make MT a low priority....especially with the intensive release schedule from other 3rd party companies. However, MT's products are highly successful and sought after and eventually people get around to making their MT purchase. For example Pointblank was in stock at BBTS a week ago and now it's no longer in stock......(I actually bought the last copy...hahaha (it was my 2nd copy because I wanted to keep one in alt mode)) As far as being on discount, Taks coneheads were on deep discount ......still are on deep discount .....deeeeeeep discount. Tak is not going anywhere and everyone has a Tak conehead...not to mention that Tak's release schedule is just as bad as MTs if not worse. Also when Hardhead went on sale for $70 on TFsource, it was sold out in like an hour (that might have been partially to me buying 3 copies, but still it shows that people really like their products they just don't have a lot of cash to throw around.

I am also a pro RE2 and RE2 RE. I have the quickest completion rate of anyone I know. Total game master.

15. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can testify to that, I wanted their Devil Stinger but not the price so I waited til they final were clearances for the low low on Tfsource bcuz although money isnt an issue, principles of what I'm willing to pay are on the flip side I jumped on Maketoys Giant preordering all 3 sets. PO all of their CD Nemesis Primes, and the black Jetfire, the only one I missed out on was Rioter which is now again available but I'm still hoping for a golden lagoon repaint since Devil Stinger will be using him as a target master lol

16. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not sure why your quoting me mate, I never said a damn thing about headmasters, just asked where the seekers on clearance were

• Like Like x 1
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    It's so funny to read these silly claims that Maketoys didn't make a loss on their seekers.
    We've seen time and again how badly they sold but some people really have a hard time accepting reality.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The lack of any RE:Master series updates at the recent TFCon was quite telling.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Quite telling of what? A lot of people didn't show for that con.

20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you don't know, then there's no way for me to break it down any simpler.
    I know some are in denial about it even with all the signs beyond just their absence at TFCon staring them in the face.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.