IS LUCKYSHOP TRUSTWORTHY?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autoboty, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently during my browsing the internet I came across a place called LuckyShop (Cheap Toys and Games Online | Toys and Games for 2019 | Online Store). It offers frankly astonishing discounts of more than 70+% per product, most notably selling DX9 Gewalt (Blitzwing) at $38.66, Titan Class Metroplex (retail version) at $52.67, and an entire MP-10 at a mere $46.30. Of course, I jumped on the opportunity and eagerly filled my cart.

However, upon trying to check out and purchase the selected products, I noticed that the site didn't support PayPal and had its own transaction system. This combined with the extraordinarily cheap prices have caused me to wonder if this site is in fact an elaborately engineered scam. What do you think of this strange new place? Please place your opinions in the replies.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, how I wish this was real.
    DB0170D6-FB4F-4411-9448-F84AF595009F.jpeg

But the jacked up prices and photos (which are probably stolen) point to this being a fake.
    8CE8BD6F-4533-4B07-AE93-8B93D18E6043.jpeg

And the whole place looks sketchy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    38 for a grand max seems sketchy as heck

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I would not touch them with a 20 ft pole.

P.S. Some scamers will post uber low SRPs but kill you with the shipping. They'll SRP your Grandmax at $30.00 then kill you with shipping at $ 200.00

• Like Like x 4
  5. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Repeat after me: "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is"

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

I have managed to obtain the IP by using a Chrome browser-based app, since the other options omit this option. Both the first and second IP detector I have used say that the site's IP (63.141.225.124) is connected to DataShack, LC. Looking up data on that business name lead me to a site saying that they are tied to Nocix. But not much more than that. The three IP detectors I have tested (for accuracy) have stated that the origin of said website is in the United States. More accurately, Kansas City. I was going to submit a link to the second IP detection site, but a second test (this time being Toy Dojo's IP) resulted in the same 'fraudulent score'. Which means that their IP provider is also hosting sites that do not have honest sellers.

The third IP detector I have used says that the store in question might be using this provider as a "static IP". Which more than likely means that the seller (or sellers) in question are not U.S. sellers. I cannot confirm this without seeing if the gmail account they have listed comes back with the same IP, or one from the sender. Which had me Google search the given email address listed on the site in question. The following listing popped up as a result: [email protected] - Google Search

You will notice that the same Gmail address used on that online "store" is the same being used for other stores. One even uses it as their phone number. The more notable items that are being "sold" include LEGOs and Air Jordan shoes, which many know are generally high-end products that people wish to buy at cut-rate discounts. Atop of that they do acknowledge that you are at risk of them having access to your IP information. And their "Shipping & Returns" page, at least on this site, has a few typographical errors. One being an actual misspelled word. The part where they talk about their customer service is also both unprofessional and sloppy in appearance. And like other sites that share this email address there is no information on their "Condition of Use" page.

Overall, and excluding the question to why PayPal is omitted, this is an obvious scam page. It is one set up to lure in buyers who are looking for specific goods at cut-rate costs. My guess is that the page's owner omitted the use of PayPal because using it means they can be traced. And this also tells me that the business owner is not residing in the United States. And if they are, or have somebody that is here, it is because they need a means to make it difficult to find the person in charge of this scam. Thus making it impossible for me to say who is doing this, where they are from, or anything else that will help find them. And I am also going to question if their IP will cooperate if asked about this business. So for the time being, use this as a learning experience.

Plus always ask others for links to reliable sellers. Not just the ones sponsored here. There are a few that do sell KO products, but they will acknowledge them as such. Until you do that just put more time creating a budget and less time seeking out deals that sound too good to be true.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Imperator

Imperator and he drove the fastest milk-cart in the west.

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm kinda stereotyping here but "Luckyshop" does have the ring of a Chinese name to me.

8. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Sketchy website, prices lower than any other site, no PayPal. All of those together usually points to either a scam or KO's.

9. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    If you're lucky you might get some noodles for your troubles.

Unless of course if you need to watch your salt intake, then you are hosed.

• Like Like x 1