Is it possible to make a fembot without a giant backpack

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Iruini, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

Not counting some beast wars figures, male figures repainted/repurposed for female figures. most of the time fembots have giant backpacks.
    [​IMG]
    The potp mold
    [​IMG]
    acree has one
    [​IMG]
    windblade too (it's not that noticable)

Is it possible to make a car, jet, tank. truck out of the mass of the female form without a giant backpack? Maybe I'm just crazy

• Like Like x 1
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I'm certain it is, but Hasbro doesn't seem to do it often.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Sebfolgero

Sebfolgero Member

News Credits:
    Rid 2015 Strongarm’s doesn’t have a gigantic backpack, she just has her door wings and the movies had a few, like movie 1 arcee just has a buttpack. But yeah that still isn’t a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Waiting for bite in sales thread.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on how the robot mode looks and what the alt-mode is.
    Cars and trucks are best used for stockier fembots like Strongarm, while motorcycles or maybe a jet can be used for the thinner ladies.

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    TR Windblade doesn’t have one.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Excikaiser

Excikaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's good female bots :

Sans titre 6.jpg
    Sans titre 5.jpg
    Sans titre 7.jpg

The other are crap, because trying to replicate human female form is a complete dead end for transformers.

I would even say sexist.

Male transformers do not looks like He-man, why female transformers should look like Barbies ?

• Like Like x 16
  7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Her nosecone/cockpit?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    That is not a backpack. Yes, it sits on her back, but it’s not a massibe backpack like Moonracer’s, AOE Lockdown’s, etc.
    D2733DA1-8A58-4293-BE1A-7E96ED759253.jpeg
    E6B059F1-45B3-4C84-A472-56337DAF2C83.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I mean 1. Nautica is based off a male mold.
    I wouldn't really call it sexist they really don't have big ass breasts and thin hips I really just think they could probably just fold the robot chunk into the bot with panels

• Like Like x 2
  10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

PRID Arcee doesn't have much of a back pack... also Energon Arcee… pretty much any motorcycle.

Actually motorcycles seem to make better fembots than male robots as the males usually end up being too wide in vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    If you say so. It's a chunk that hang's off her back that isn't "integrated" into her design, so I'm calling it a backpack. It's not a messy backpack of absolutely everything just thrown on the back, but it's still a "backpack".

• Like Like x 3
  12. grindcore138

grindcore138 Oh, I'm die. Thank you forever.

News Credits:
    Of course it's possible, HasTak just need to stop restricting themselves to the "skinny" body type that results in most of the alt-mode just hanging off their backs that they've been doing so much lately. Give us some variety! More Strongarms and Strikas and fembots who look like they could snap Megatron over their knee! Leader class Strika 2020!

• Like Like x 8
  13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I know you said not counting BW figures but MP Blackarachnia has managed a pretty super modelish body without any backpacks on her. Even her Animated figure managed to be pretty clean all things considering.

• Like Like x 2
  14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Not counting her original toy, the TM2 version at least had a ton of extra stuff going on. Maybe not a "backpack" perse, but ridiculous shoulderpads, plus those spider leg armatures. The Beast Machines and Animated versions managed by actually using the spider legs as integral parts of the transformation. And also by being content to leave the large spider abdomen in place.

It really comes down to efficiency of design more than anything. Movie '07 Arcee was pretty light on the kibble as well, because they actually use most of the alt-mode to form body parts.

A large obstacle to creating kibble-free characters is that a lot of the fembot toys we've gotten are trying to represent designs with a lot of movie-style internal mass shifting and parts-contouring, so none of the actual vehicle mode parts can actually be used in the robot's construction. So they just get thrown onto the back, where they're as out of the way as possible.

And then the G1 character designs weren't really designed to be realistically transformable at all, so they run into the same issue.

You just need to design a female character who can realistically use her alt-mode parts as body parts, instead of shrinking it all away into nothingness to create that trim, supermodel physique.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I still don't think we have the definitive Windblade just yet, hopefully in Seige?

• Like Like x 3
  16. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

With an alien species that has shown such a variety of shapes and forms as Cybertronians have, I welcome everything from female humanoid forms all the way to super boxy or super beastly across the fembot body types. Avoiding one type of look goes against the ability of the race to take on a massive variety of looks and actually makes the idea of a missing humanoid female form awkward to be missing in the products of chaos. The same chaos that brings about these beings' varied types of bodies. Also, there are most definitely he-man proportioned robots, or at least extremely Male humanoid forms.
    And don't give me that stuff about the female form being a product of human evolution. Since when did cybertronians need to evolve to have alt modes or cockpits? This is all fantasy. They are all as Primus made them. Life is mysterious and it holds consistent with our human reality that aliens also have a mysterious origin to their life and why they are the way they are.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I don't really like Strika's design. Strongarm is fine and manages to still look female without a slender body type.

Strika to me just looks like a robot version of the man who broke Batman's spine... BANE! It's hard to look at Strika and think of anything other than a male body builder on steroids. The only thing even remotely feminine about her is the "lipstick" which doesn't work because she has no actual lips. It's like repainting a toy intended for a male and calling it a fembot except in this case she was a fembot to begin with.

I've actually seen repaints of toys that were originally male characters as fembots that worked better than Strika.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm finding pretty hilarious the bits of discussion on which sizable clumps of kibble around the back, shoulders, or rear constitute a "backpack" or not.

• Like Like x 2
  19. grindcore138

grindcore138 Oh, I'm die. Thank you forever.

News Credits:
    Have you never seen women powerlifters or shot putters? Many of them don't have typically feminine body types either, yet amazingly they're still women! That's what Strika's going for, like, she's supposed to be an Absolute Unit™.

• Like Like x 5
  20. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Actually this is debatable. Male transformers generally have a very masculine silhouette. So it would follow that female transformers would generally have feminine silhouettes. Nothing sexist there

• Like Like x 7