Is it possible to explain the disrepancies between WFC and Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TFFan01, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The continuity is pretty solid amongst the shows.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TransMuffin84

TransMuffin84 Empress of Cybertron

I agree. :) 

3. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    The thing that would've fixed all the inconsistencies for me was the rumor that season 3 of Prime was going to have the FOC Dinobots show up on Earth. I spent like a year just hyped up over that concept, and then it didn't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would have been better if the Rescuebots had shown up in Prime. Maybe just a brief appearance helping people in Jasper, Nevada, during it's evacuation.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I would have loved that. Or even in RID’15. Then we could get an idea for how their RB designs would translate over to TFP or RID. And of course, it would just be great to see them interact with the other show.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TransMuffin84

That would have been cool but would probably be too expensive to make character models for the Rescue Bots Team. They already cut down the budget by Season 2 (why Breakdown was killed off and Airachnid was written out).

7. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe when unicron awoke it messed up the timeline between the two

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Clearly nobody WATCHED RID here because BLURR WAS A GUEST ON THE BEE TEAM FOR 3 EPISODES AND PRIOR TO THAT SIDESWIPE WAS IN A SINGLE EP OF RB.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched RiD 15, I regret it.

10. TransMuffin84

We know that about the RID-Rescue Bots crossovers. We're saying the Rescue Bots should have appeared on Transformers: PRIME.

11. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I... I completely forgot that Blurr was in RID. Guess they couldn’t get one of the cool RB bots to be in it. :p 

I do remember Sideswipe showing up in RB though.

12. TransMuffin84

I love Blurr's design in RID. :) 

13. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those stream designations apparently don't specify different universes but rather certain events within a universe (The writer said this in the Allspark forums). For example, Uniend 610.23 Zeta is supposed to be the events of the books and Uniend 911.05 Alpha is the events of the Prime cartoon. Aligned universe may or may not encompass those two events.

Uniend 812.21 Kappa contains both WFC and FOC. This was mentioned by Vector Prime in AVP.

Primax 610.17 Kappa would mean WFC is also G1. I think the producers of the game said that they were making WFC as a G1 prequel. I suppose the Primax designation was given to canonise that idea. So WFC games is both Aligned and G1 according to Ask Vector Prime.

14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The stream designations do specify different universes:
    The first allocation in the stream denotes continuity family, unied is aligned, primax is g1
    the second allocation is the specific universe within the continuity family, for example primax alpha is animation within the g1 continuity family, primax beta is toy bios and primax gamma is comics (this being very generalized). Think of it like a scientific name, the first allocation is the genus that the series belongs to, the second is the species and the numbers represent variable mutations

• Like Like x 1
  15. TFFan01

News Credits:
    That's what I thought too but the writer of AVP himself said something along the lines of him never using stream designations as different universes but rather different events. He also used the 86 movie being canon to both the cartoons and certain comic timelines as an example. Sometimes I do think it is used as a shorthand for one universe but apparently just because a game and a show have different designations doesn't mean they are different universes.

16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Just because it started one way doesn't mean it ended up staying that way. Transtech pretty much canonizes the universal streams as seperate universes

• Like Like x 1
  17. TFFan01

News Credits:
    Bro,

The Aligned designations all came from AVP. AVP is basically one of the last fiction to use the stream designations, so there's nothing to retcon this streams = events idea. It was mostly written by Jim Sorenson.

The idea that the stream designations are events, not universes was said by Jim Sorenson himself in the Allspark forums and he said this during the AVP era. Look up the latter posts in the AVP thread in the Allspark forums, he posted it there.

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    And in fiction the stream designations were used as universes, not events. An interview with an author means squat when in fiction uses contradict the writer

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFFan01

News Credits:
    Andromeda Facebook page was during the AVP era:

Source:Andromeda - Axiom Nexus News Reporter - Transformers Wiki

Here are some dialogue from it:

RAZORBEAST: Look, I would really like to talk about what I’ve learned about the Beast Wars. You see there are actually multiple timestreams that pour into-

ROMY: No Razorbeast, you “look.” We don’t have any recordings on Razorbeast from Primax 496.22 Alpha. Having you on air and saying some of his logged quotes is the closest that the viewers, historians will ever be to hearing the real thing.

RAZORBEAST: That’s sort of my point. Razorbeast from Primax 496.22 Alpha is actually more like Primax 206.15 Gamma although during the period on ancient Earth, the overlapping flow of the multiple streams make it into one consistent current until they get to the other side.

"Universes are funneled through a joint stream", "Overlapping flow of multiple streams" and saying that the Razorbeast of the cartoon stream is actually more like Razorbeast of the IDW Beast Wars comic seem to imply that streams aren't universes.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    but there is no razorbeast of the cartoon stream because razorbeast wasn't in the cartoon