Is it normal to like "little kid shows"?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dozer226, Jul 15, 2014.

1. dozer226

dozer226 Constructicon

Im only asking this as my family feels the need to mock me because I enjoy the rescue bots series and im 15. Do you think that its weird for someone my age to like these shows? I don't know regardless I love the series and toys and thats coming from someone who loves giant complicated transformations(i.e. hearts of steel shockwave) but for some reason I love this series. I would love to hear you guys opinion on this!

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If grown men can watch My Little Pony, you can watch Rescue Bots.

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not the best comparison, but I guess it works.

Personally, I like some kids' shows more than most 'adult' ones. Cartoon Network and Nick are on a lot more in my house than any other channels.

Oh, and 'normal' is boring.

4. gregles

gregles quintesson

Sorry to hear that your family are not being supportive, there reaction could be to do with ignorance of the franchise which is understandable but not your fault, show them how many members there are of this site, from such varied sections of society and from what age ranges we vary.

Providing you are not hurting anyone enjoy whatever you want to in life without shame. living up to societies norms can be a very overrated concept. if you look at what sort of things have/are considered normal worldwide and throughout history you will realise that watching a cartoon as a young person is nothing compared to such horrors like forced marriage, slavery, witch burning, ethnic cleansing and other horrors which have all been considered normal at some point somewhere.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Oh look, it's the "my friends/family make fun of me for having a hobby that doesn't live up to their expectations of what a person my age should like" thing again. Must be a Tuesday. :rolleyes: 

6. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I suggest you keep your Rescue Bots addiction on the down low. Put a lock on your door, only watch episodes under the blanket late at night, make sure you hide your viewing devices from 'Society' sound proofing is obviously paramount, egg cartons are both cheap and effective. Remember, the first rule about Rescue Bots, is don't talk about Rescue Bots.

Maybe paint your walls black too.

And back in the real world, watch whatever you like. As always as long as it's not affecting your studies, you're sociable, happy, and healthy, then your family can have no complaints. I'm 35, and I'd much rather watch a Phineus and Ferb marathon than probably about 90% of all current television shows.

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    You like what you like. We all have different tastes in movies/television, and just because you enjoy something for young children doesn't mean you're immature or unintelligent, you just enjoy something that's more entertaining and fun rather than something dramatic and ponderous.

I myself enjoyed RID a lot, even if it is an anime for 10-16 year olds. I would rather stick with G1 and RID rather than watch DOTM and AOE, because even if they were over-optimistic and unrealistic, they were much fun and entertaining than those films.

Still, if you're concerned about what your family thinks, I don't know how I can help you there.

8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Who cares what's normal? Normal equals also boring. So, just be yourself, whatever that will be!

9. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, as opposed to other 15 year olds believing they are fully grown, can do drugs, smoke, drink, get girls pregnant, look at adult stuff, breaks curfews, laws, commandments, etc. I'd say by comparison enjoying a simple, entertaining TV show (cartoon or otherwise) is a most welcome thing.

10. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    This right here.
    Some people just don't get having "unconventional" interests, but you don't have to justify them to anyone. There are much worse things you could be into than cartoons and collecting toys, after all.

11. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

There's no such thing as Normal.

12. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

Well, if your family "feels the need" to mock you there's a bigger problem right there.

I'm 42, I love all Transformers shows, and that's that.

13. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this. Except I think people would be more okay with Rescue Bots, because: A) it actually is a boy's franchise, and B), when non fans hear "Transformers", they'll think of the film series and might think that's how all TF series are.

In other words, it's fine.

14. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I collect hockey cards, I play with Lego, I play with KreO, I play with Transformers and many related products, I collect Star Wars figures, I enjoy watching Bruce Timm's DC-verse...from Batman: TAS through to Justice League, and play various video games.

And yes, I'm a grown-up and more than twice your age OP. I have a job, pay bills, and do house chores.

And yes, some people here on the boards do and watch other "non-grown-up" things...whatever they are.

Have you watched Castle? or NCIS? I bet many of us on the boards are similar to Castle, DiNozzo and McGee.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. :p 

Besides...geeks rule the world now. It's because we don't follow what other people say. Besides, some people don't know, but everybody is a geek.

Whether you're into sports or cars or rocks...those people argue the EXACT same things we do.

So what is "normal"? Since you're on this message board, you're probably exactly the same to 2% of the members here. The big 1% that you share with all 100% of us, is the love (or enjoyment) of 1 or more Transformers series. Semi-math nerd here, and yes, I pulled those numbers out of my @$$, but I'm sure it's close to the truth.

15. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Being an adult doesn't mean you can't enjoy kid shows. It means you get your ducks in a row and make sure your adult responsibilities are taken care of before sitting down to watch a kid's show. Before watching any show, really.

16. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I'm a 28 year old Navy veteran...I adore RB! One of my best friends is in their 50s and RB is a fav of theirs! There is no age limit on enjoying a cartoon!

17. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tell your folks watching Rescue Bots eases the voices in your head telling you to hurt yourself and others...

J/K

18. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I find it weird you call them "little kids" shows

19. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Watch what you want man. Forget about what's normal and just watch what you like.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

I used to think it was an actual thing....but in all honesty no ones really normal.