Is it just me, is wave 2 siege deluxes much lower qualilty than wave 1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scarrmrcc, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire SICK to death of you guys!!!

News Credits:
    My biggest problem (besides the fucked up prices) are loose pegs. A lot of the weapons fall right out. Chromia's 2 grenade things barely stay in the holes.

2. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    The leg panels on my Ironhide won't tab because the hinge is poorly designed and executed. Otherwise he's solid all day. Chromia seems fine too. My Prowl and Sixgun are still on their way. The rest of wave 2 seems on par to me.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Parroting people, my Ironhide is great other than the leg panels that are so bad I almost feel like Hasbro should've advertised "blast off panel action!" as an action feature. Solid, chunky, and good looking.

Now I have this useless CW Ironhide I don't know what to do with.

Sixgun vs. Cog: Sixgun is solid in his jet mode and robot mode, but until he's fully in his robot mode he feels terrifyingly loose since the last step is clipping the arms. So as soon as those are unclipped, he falls to pieces... but that's part of the transformation. He actually holds together better than Cog in robot mode, who doesn't hold together in the slightest in the official vehicle mode. Sixgun's hips are a bit loose, though.

Don't have any others.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Everything is fine for mine, aside from Prowl having a hard time rolling. Chromia is a little fiddly and has a couple questionable design choices...but not the worst Transformer ever either. Oh, and the Starscream's chest piece that everyone else has an issue with.

5. Gallade

Gallade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far, my Wave 2 Siege figures have been fine for the most part. My copy of Prowl only has like a slight crack around his left foot. Sixgun is actually really fine for the most part. QC is really good and same goes for the Soundwave and Starscream I got from a user here. Sorry to hear about that though.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Revoltech Chip Chase

I wouldn't go so far as to claim that Sideswipe has a 3rd party fit and finish. I get that there are definitely areas of improvement over previous lines, but this particular claim strikes me as somewhat exaggerated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deco-wise, I don't think so, but I can think of a few spots where it feels like they skimped on materials, like adding pins to hold Ironhide's leg flaps, or Starscream's chest together. Those leg flaps on Ironhide are the biggest disappointment of wave 2 for me. I feel like maybe it is a trend from hasbro (dropping quality from the initial wave). I especially remember how disappointed I was that the wave 2 and 3 titan masters weren't painted in the Titans Return line.

8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only complaint I have for the wave 2 deluxes are the leg panels on Ironhide. In fact, I have a similar problem with Hound and his leg panels too. It doesn't ruin either figure for me but it is an issue.

Otherwise, I don't feel like there's any change in quality between wave 1 and wave 2. I like Ironhide and Prowl more then Sideswipe and Hound too.

9. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I guess I've been lucky with no QC issues (knock on wood) I had to adress the fit and finish on Ironhide but that's all.

I'll agree neither Ironhide or Prowl feel as solid as Skytread and Sideswipe, but they still feel better than any CW or Potp deluxe I've ever owned.

Voyager wise with the exception of Starscreams chest he and Soundwave are just as solid as Prime and Shockwave. Both of them are better than Megatron, the weakest voyager imo.

10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I gotta say, Optimus, Starscream and Shockwave have all very, very satisfying transformations. Siege Megatron is my favorite mainline Megatron of all time but it is the weakest voyager. Even Soundwave with its weird alt mode and sometimes finicky transformation is a more interesting figure to play with.

• Like Like x 1
  11. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't had much time to fiddle with the yet, but my sixgun's left knee just wont bend (any suggestions?!?) and Starcsream's chest piece just wont stay on. Overall they all do feel a bit looser. Sideswipe really was just a perfect figure

12. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I had the same problem with Prowl's head. I dropped a little Silicone Shock oil in the joint and it freed right up. If that doesn't work try heating it with a hair dryer.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Biggest issues I find is Ironhide's leg panels and Starscream's chest. Otherwise I don't see anything drastically different.

I was actually going to pass on Prowl until I saw it in person. The legs do look thin but otherwise it's so much better than pictures indicated.

Obviously Ironhide has plenty of hollow bits. But honestly it doesn't bother me. I don't display my bots facing backward and I understand there had to be some sacrifices in making the robot mode that big.

Everyone talks about how amazing Sideswipe is...it's a great toy but it's also VERY hollow. It just does a better job of hiding it than Ironhide.

14. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I felt that prowl and chromia were the only disappointing toys in the line so far.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

His leg panels are an easy fix, just a few seconds with a round tip file and mine are solid now. Starscreams chest fix is a bit more invasive. Not defending issues like this getting through the QC but in Ironhides case it's a simple tolerance adjustment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, are the legs panels on Ironhide and the loose chest on Starscream QC issues or design flaws?

And has anyone had any unique QC issues that no one else has had? I know a few people lost the lottery with some versions of Sixgun but I wanted to know if there were something that wasn't so widespread.

17. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I would say Ironhide is a QC issue while Starscream is a design flaw. The design of the panels is fine, they just aren't cut out enough for the nub to seat properly.

With SS i don't know if it was cost cutting or they were afraid a pin would cause the clear plastic of the chest to break. Children are generally rougher on toys than adult collectors after all. Either way it looks like it was originally designed to be pinned, at least to me.

I've seen many posts here from members who have gotten the wrong parts on a variety of figures in the line. Idk if the frequency is higher than average for a TF line, but it does seem to be more prevalent than normal.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

Even though I think Prowl and Chromia isn't up to siege standards, I still like them enough to not hate them. And to be fair, Wave 1 had effing Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus; that in of itself is a tough act to follow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

I agree. I see the term mini masterpiece thrown around a lot. Ultra Magnus does have really good quality but compared to say MP10 it's not on that level. On MP10 the plastic feels better, has pinned wheels with rubber tires. Some die cast, chrome, etc.

20. PanduhmusPrime

PanduhmusPrime Professional Face-Ripper

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I never experienced that with my soundwave,