Is High Moon REALLY thinking about a sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WFC is what the fan playing wants it to be, a G1 game linked to G1 through character depiction and appearance.

I'm going to see it as that and if the events in it are referenced in Prime then that's cool, if not then they'll stay a part of my own fanon.

end of discussion now :trolls:  and stop telling people they're wrong everyone. the game has had two different things said about it by the developers and by hasbro. Developers view is the game's intention but how it's reconned is up to you. :horse: 

now on topic

I hope they make a sequel, with split screen co-op and host migration and more than one flying level per campaign.

I think it would take place prior to the launch of the ark and afterwards (maybe have 4 chapters decepticon, 4 autobot, 4 decepticon four autobot chronologically)

2. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Now that I think about it... the sequel could be (brace yourselves) about after the Autobot/Decepticon war.

I was going to write a fan fiction about this, but I never got around to it and my motivation wavered. Keep in mind this is not G1 continuity like WFC is supposed to be, but here's how it goes:

The Autobots bring the Decepticons that weren't killed (there are few of them) back to Cybertron as prisoners such as at the end of Animated and there is a massive party thrown for the heroes of war.

Later a private celebration that would be the Transformer equivalent of a dinner is thrown for Optimus. He makes a speech dedicated to those lost in the war and brings up the questions for the future. As the dinner ends, Jazz and Ironhide walk away discussing these questions brought up. One was what to ultimately do with the Decepticons. Jazz agrees with what Optimus suggested: having the Decepticons do the labor that was very dangerous and disliked. Ironhide says they should be killed. Jazz tells him that they don't have the authority to decide whether they are fit to live and to continue their Autobot values but Ironhide says that they have killed and tortured many and need to be more severely punished. The arguement escalates and eventually requires them to be split up.

Optimus is in his house with Elita and they have a discussion about him being home now. Elita is so joyed but Optimus won't get over those soldiers lost and those nagging questions about what to do in the future. The public wants him to be supreme ruler of Cybertron but he feels that there should not be a supreme leader but have a democracy like he observed on Earth in America. Elita wants him to leave his feelings about Earth and the war behind because it's over but it is no use. She gets frustrated with him and storms away.

Later, Optimus calls a meeting for his top advisors and trustees. The Jazz and Ironhide arguement continues and Optimus senses the tension between them. He settles them down and changes the subject.

Later, a small but well armed Decepticon escapes capture and wreaks havoc on a residential area of Cybertron. Many are killed including the young. Ironhide says this is why the Decepticons must be destroyed but Jazz points out a secluded and hostile area of Cybertron where they could be held and carry out their work. Optimus is really getting upset with the two and asks them to not quarrel any more.

The Decepticon meets other Decepticons that escaped Earth before the faction's downfall and they plan another attack, this time closer to Iacon. Some Autobot soldiers happened to be nearby when the attack began and fought against the intruders. Ironhide led them to kill most of the bad guys but the main one got away with two others. He was about to organize a chase party but Optimus had other plans.

Ironhide took some soldiers with him into the prison with weapons and open fired on some Decepticon prisoners. Jazz was there with some of his own allies and a fight between Autobots began. Ironhide and Jazz both retreated unharmed but declared enemies.

Little fights among Autobots broke out all over the city and it spread. Optimus asked the rest of his committee consisting of Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, Mirage, Prowl, and Bumblebee to stay out of this conflict.

Many battles and confrontations happen in between and Optimus and Elita grow more and more apart. A full blown war begins and Jazz ends up releasing some Decepticons in exchange for helping him fight. Trailbreaker is revealed to be secretly helping Ironhide and Mirage helping Jazz.

More stuff happens and towards the end of the story, Optimus comes to Megatron as a last resort and lets him lead him to a super weapon that was ready since the end of the war. They work together to put an end to the fighting abroad. Optimus chases Megatron off into space then goes to where Jazz and Ironhide were rumored to be. He goes to confront them and he finds both severely injured and they cry out to him to kill the other. Optimus is overcome with emotion and both sides' armies come and open fire on Optimus, killing him. Jazz and Ironhide finally put an end to the fighting. They call a stalemate and shake hands. Jazz is seen much later ordering a surprise airstrike attack on Ironhide and it ends abruptly.

So yeah that's the general story without the subplots and human involvment. It think it could be a cool game but it does heavily resemble the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 storyline.

ANYWAY, the whole idea behind this is the sequel could focus on what happened oon Cybertron after the war.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    See, I don't see that as a contradiction. WFC=G1=Prime, it's whatever you want!

4. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Or... just maybe OR... free roam on Cybertron? It's not called War for Earth! All the movie games are set on Earth.

I think the Transformers have been having wars constantly for millions and millions of years. I doubt they have any wars to run out of! :D 

On a relevant note, has anyone actually asked High Moon if they are working on a sequel, or has Hasbro even greenlit the concept?

5. Autobot_Wall-E

Did you read the whole story? It is a war. There wouldn't be a game if there weren't anything to shoot at. Maybe a movie but not a game.

6. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    ^^ Read? I thought we were talking about a video game? :lol 

7. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    because then it wouldn't be wfc. it would be called tf3

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    One thing I really like and one of the reasons I think it should stay on Cybertron, is that if you go to Earth then the scale goes back to being way off.

Starscream is maybe twice as tall as Bee but if he becomes a jet he'll double or more in size or else he'll be a TINY jet. It's one of the things that has always bugged me about the fiction and am really grateful the movies are considering.

But on Cybertron Starscream doesn't have to be an F-16. He can be as tall as he is and still be jet-like.

9. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

I agree with Ryoku.

If the game franchise is War for Cybertron, then it seems like a good idea that the game remain on Cybertron doesn't it?

My brother and I have had more than a few talks about just how you keep the good vehicle controls should they make the move to earth. I comes down to the idea that you have to have the hover mode for the alt modes. Without it, you loose a lot of fine control that make this game a lot more fun then previous titles.

Let's face it, Earth doesn't have hover cars and precious few hover jets.

Besides, I like Cybertron a lot more than Earth. going anywhere else seems like a step backwards to me.

10. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree, if one day they do go to earth, keep the hover mode please

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers: Prime continuity? Where'd you hear that? Continuity goes beyond story, and War for Cybertron and Prime look NOTHING alike.

"Is High Moon REALLY thinking about a sequel?" Wasn't this answered in their many interviews? They originally had a lot more stuff they wanted to put into the game, which was inevitably cut out due to time/money reasons.

Matt has said several times that he has ideas for the future, but until he gets a green light we aren't likely to hear about it.

He did talk about gestalts and triple changers and why they were left out, so I think its likely that they've figured out or at least have ideas about how to incorporate them into future installments.

I think the sequel would keep the name, save for adding a 2 or II after it, and I think the story will pick up where this one left on—gathering supplies to complete the Ark before the great journey into space. I wouldn't mind if they went straight to Earth, but I don't think its necessary. The cartoon got them from Cybertron to Earth in about five minutes of story time; I hope to Primus that High Moon Studios takes the opportunity to lengthen the story up a bit. Earth could be the conclusion, setting things up for WFC3.

12. Autobot_Wall-E

Whoever said it's be TF3 has a point though. There will certainly be a game tied in with the movie and it will be mostly on Earth even if the movie goes to Cybertron. Then if WFC2 comes out the next year and is the same thing people may get tired of the idea.

Maybe it could be about a secret war that starts unbeknownst to Optimus as some Autobots secretly go on little undercover missions to disrupt the Decepticons and vice versa. At the end when both leaders find out the struggles done in private become public affairs and change the whole course of the war.

13. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I'd like a sequel, but hopefully they address some multiplayer issues.

The campaign could be the Autobots scouting Cybertron for fuel, while other Autobots are defending the Ark as it's being constructed. Meanwhile the Autobots descend upon the Decepticons secretly building the Nemesis, among other ships, to follow the Autobots and act to sabotage it. At the same time another squad of Autobots are destroying computer and communitcations logs to prevent them from falling into the hands of Decepticons to prevent them from calculating where the different Autobot ships have retreated to. One of the levels of campaign could be Decepticon jets destroying thrusters of Autobot shuttles to slow them down for Decepticon cruisers to dock, while Autobot jets defend the shuttles. You can have the game ending with the Autobots and Decepticons fighting off different boarding parties on different ships, culminating in the final boarding party between the core Autobots and Decepticons (this would be the final act and the only one allowing you to be either Autobot or Decepticon with generic and named character combatants.)

As for multiplayer, I hope to see more than four special abilities per character class (Oh look! A soldier, here comes that whirlwind!). Hope to see a host migration feature, as well as the ability to choose to host public games. Hope they remove the grinding achievements. I also wouldn't mind a universal map, where multiplayer can affect it (like Chromehounds), regardless of game type. One battle won on say Relic, would be tallied with other wins from other games so that each location falls into Auboto/Decepticon hands. You can have special events happen, say if the Autobots hold a territory at 100% for a day, all games for the next hour on that territory would trigger a lockdown, so the Autobots are computer-controlled and get a special force (e.g. Omega Supreme, a gestalt team) and generic soldiers, defending the territory. Everyone in that game would be on the losing side, so it'd be ten players (PCs) versus a computer controlled enemy(ies). If it's a gestalt team, they could even combine and then you get to fight them and regular soldiers. Oh joy!

I also hope there is shared maps for Escalation and Multiplayer instead of separate maps, since it shouldn't be hard to do in reality. I also wouldn't mind seeing more people for Escalation just to make it more insane. Let's get ten people, but also adjust the difficulty for more and less players, as well as more events, instead of just the same waves after round 20+.

You could have some of the multiplayer maps match the enviroment, like one map could be under bombardment, so you get missiles that occasionally drop down onto the map and damage anyone hit by them (or killed if they're weak enough). Like the Escalation map, yould have sectors go dark from power that's been cut (maybe, all you see is headlights or the eyes - still got some unused directions on the D-pad for cosmetic effects like headlights/eyebeams).

14. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I'll disagree with the majority of posters here and say I'd really like the sequel to take place on Earth, with CHUG-inspired designs. After a while, Cybertron will get dull and boring. I prefer my transformers on earth with earth alt modes, and on a earth based game, we'll get more color and variety in environments.

Though I'd like some multiplayer maps on Cybertron, Junk, G1 desert outside the Ark, a city, a jungle, etc.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    If I was a game developer and I found out that 3/4ths of the threads online about my video game were focused on determining what storyline & continuity it fit into instead of actual video gameplay, I'd probably flip a coin to determine if the next step was to go see if Microsoft was hiring code monkeys or to shoot myself.

...It would be nice to see a sequel, though.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    THIS

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
  18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'd like a couple of maps on populated worlds to remind us how giant these giant robots are ,bonus points if being on that map gives you an alternate skin.

19. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    It was confirmed by Hasbro at Comic-Con.

20. OMEGA_ONE

OMEGA_ONE Well-Known Member

I figured if they brought the game to earth that they could pretty much make it whatever year they wanted. So I don't see why they couldn't make it something like 2066 on earth and there are hover cars and what not anyway. That would take care of the whole "scale" argument as well since they wouldn't have to worry about modern vehicles, they could create their own just like they did for this game. It could very well be a very similar game, even in looks, only this time taking place on earth.

In fact I really hope they do so. It would be refreshing to see a creative, from-the-ground-up approach to a futuristic earth setting with the TFs showing up. It would be really nice to see them depict the size of the bot compared to humans and what not instead of giant robots being dwarfed in these massive cybertron environments. It kind of takes away from the feel of playing as a big robot, so earth could add a new element to an already great game. Instead of using the edge of a doorway for cover I want to use a three-story building.