Is Galvatron aware he was Megatron in the '86 movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Vic The Butcher, May 15, 2013.

1. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Yes, he definitely knows. Unicron made a deal with him for a new body and new troops, not a new personality. Why make a deal with someone just to erase their memory? Megatrons experience and knowlege was valuable to the cause so it would have been counter productive.

Besides that, and the hint he gives Starscream, the line 'First Prime, then Ultra Magnus and now you' shows very clearly that he sees no distinction between the actions of Megatron and Galvatron.

I think while he expects everyone knows he was Megatron he will never publicly admit it because doing so would mean accepting Megatrons defeat and failure at Autobot City as his own. He prefers to focus on his new sense of power and purpose.

2. SoundwaveFanboy

SoundwaveFanboy Decepticon

Exactly

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    My thoughts exactly.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Even then he referred to Blitzwing as an old friend.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

Pretty much. Yes.

Not that long ago I was showing TF:TM to a friend, and he mentioned/questioned the transition. Not that he doubted they were the same person, but if it was Megatron in a new body, or if, like the 10th Doctor (from Doctor Who) talked of regeneration, Megatron died, but Galvatron walked away with all of Megatrons memories in a brand new body; different, but the same.

It does sort of fit really.

6. Dark Ramjet

Dark Ramjet Waiting patiently

News Credits:
    Unicron eats bots and planets for breakfast and he did not need any choice of will to make the other heralds. He could have made anyone Galvatron. He wanted Megatron for who he was and Galvatron's attempts at defiance just proves it even more. I always summed up the way he spoke in the movie to he wanted the decepticons to know for loyalty purposes and the autobots to be left in the dark to instill fear and such. After all he's supposed to be a military commander and it would make sense. In reality, it was a cartoon and it was never meant to be that thought out, no less decades later plot errors and all.

7. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

Judging strictly by what's shown, Unicron massively upgraded Meg's old body versus getting a brand spanking new body.

8. Cdr Starscream

Cdr Starscream Commander sarcasm

Though I will say Megs memory is top notch, never once did he call Scourge Thundercracker or Cyclonus......actually mabye all that confusion is what drove him mad, haha.

9. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its kinda like the situation with megatron's change to galvatron in transformers: cybertron. he acts as if hes someone else to emphasize his change.

10. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me it's pretty obvious that Galvatron is still Megatron just in a new body. Others have cited his words to Hot Rod, "First Prime! Then Ultra Magnus and now you. It's a pity you Autobots die so easily or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!" Plus his "here's a hint" line to Starscream. The fact that he recognizes Starscream on sight. If he was a completely new entity why would he know Starscream? Astrotrain, when being corrected by Cyclonus that it is Galvatron not Megatron, says "well they were the same guy!" Lastly, during the second part of "The Return of Optimus Prime" when Prime leads the Autobots to rescue Galvatron he calls out to the Decepticon leader to which Galvatron replies "Prime? Is that you?" He says that line in such a way that it's not hard to glean that he's known Prime for a while and that somewhere amidst all of Galvatron's madness that the mind of Megatron still remains.

There's always been a sort of poetic justice to Megatron's accepting of Unicron's deal. Sure he gains a new body, not more powerful because it's never clearly shown that Galvatron is more powerful than Megatron, and new troops but look what he had to give up in return. He became someone's lackey and then once he is free of Unicron's influence he is thrown into a maelstorm of insanity that will forever bar him from his spark's desire: total domination of the universe.

11. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    "Megatron, is that you?"
    "Here's a hint."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Galvatron knew.

12. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    I think he had a vague knowledge of events that took place before his reformating, but they were erased after his plasma bath. Cyclonus, scourge, and the sweeps on the other hand, probably have no clue.

13. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Well-Known Member

Unicron reformated Megs body and mind, but kept his memories intact. He's far more ruthless and aggressive, but it's still Magatrons spark at his core.

14. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

There is literally no reason in the 86 film to assume he doesn't know whom he used to be while there is evidence that he does. Why is this even a question?