Is Fans Toys Best 3rd party company?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by JaZzPrImE74, Jul 16, 2015.

1. oldcollector

oldcollector Member

Agree with the Skyfire but the Giga Dinos are better IMHO. KFC Kimba with Saber is amazing. I did get a Gabreil over Terminus, those knees are just awful.
    I believe KFC can be special if they would do QC better

Cant see how you can put KFC or XTransbots above Perfect Effect but if you are looking for a toy to play with I can see how they are a problem. Not the best toy to play with just look better then anything else. But KFC have had a history of using bad plastics and bad QC so to put them that high, I dont know. But if he could get his stuff together he would be pretty good. Zetatoys finish is just to unfinished for me to put higher then PE. I have all the combiner releases and there is just no paint and some QC problems (bots missing stuff and loose joins). But for the cost they are pretty much second to none. But the leg connection for the Bruticus is kinda bad and also the shoulder connections were a step backward from Constructor.

Power Baser is awesome, I love most of their stuff, they are so big, beefy and mean looking

Their oversized Megatron and Prime are the best. Just cant put them at the top spot because they just copy and improve stuff (Black Apple is the God of cleaning up other peoples messes). Dont get me wrong I owe their stuff but just cant put them on the top.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2021
  2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @oldcollector Welcome to the 3P forum and TFW in general.

PE are the only products I've had come broken in the box and start to break just trying to gently transform it. I don't play with my figures and I often don't even transform them if they come in the box in the mode I intend to display. A bit of posing is about it.
    No other products have had the failures PE's have in my hands that I can recall. I've had an awful lot of 3P TFs, so it's a pretty broad sample size.
    This is not just about looks, this is overall ranking of companies into tiers based on all facets.

XTB has improved quite a bit over the past two years. They have risen to be a contender for the best 3P MP products. KFC sort of comes along with them, though still doesn't seem quite as good, to me.

Power Baser is Fans Hobby. The post you quoted doesn't appear to mention Fans Hobby. just fyi.

3. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

FT makes great bots!

So do a number of the other 3Ps!

So basically, look at the options and make a pick on a case by case basis.

Or we can play the "X is better than Y" game online and get into a yelling match. That can be fun I suppose...

4. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Fans hobby make some amazing products but unfortunately for me I'm not interested in any of the characters they've done.

I think when it comes to "best company" we all have different criterias.

5. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, personally, Fans Toys is alright. I have a few of their figures, with their Hot Rod on order. But once Gigapower drops their Grimlock, Grinder will be gone.

Top 3rd Party to me are Gigapower and Maketoys. I've yet to be disappointed with a figure from either company. Oh, and Magic Square. They have my wallet by its nuts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. oldcollector

oldcollector Member

Hahahahah, too many different 3rd party company I get them confused some times. But it is a great toy.

If you have purchased them and they have broken I will not say anything thing because you have a right to be angry. Can never tell someone how to feel about something they actually spent money on. I have all their DX stuff with the exception of 1 and 2 and have not had any problem. Only thing that broke was my fault barbecue I tried to bend the crossbow the wrong way. Worst thing I can say is that the hips on all my Leos were loose.

XTB has gotten better but as with all of KFC stuff QC is a problem. My Crackup had floppy parts out of the box and the blue paint had problem. Unfortunately I have heard from people who have dealt with Keith himself and they said QC is not the most important thing to him. Shame because he could be special.

The company I thought could be amazing is MMC Ocular but I think the skylinks was a step backwards after the amazing cassettes.

Just like you had problems with your PE stuff I have had some problems with FT stuff. My Galvatron had floppy ankles out of the box, the blast effect was deformed and paint problems. And dont get me into my Arcee, her backpack was loose pretty much after putting her in a couple of poses and at this point I am afraid to touch her in fear of breaking her. Nothing as bad as broken out of box like you but much worst problem then I have had with Fans Hobby, MMC, Generation Toys, ect... Maybe I have had bad luck with them but I can only go with the 5 or 6 pieces I have of their.

I do have a question you said you had PE toys broken out of box, was it just the Leo or other stuff. My Gorira and Warden were perfect and are holding great. I will agree that Leo is fragile but the other stuff seem solid to me. But I will stand by the fact that their presentation and finish is second to none. As I said in my first post to me it is all about looks so I will always go with the prettiest toy.

If you like you transformers on steroids Fans Hobby toys are great and play great. Honestly I don't really care for any of the Transformer characters outside of Skyfire so I just buy what looks cool.

That is always fun as long as people don't start talking down to people but as humans were a very tribal so it will get to that. Hahahahah!!!

We are all to a certain extent fans or fanboys of something as long as we can admit it and understand it will cause use to overlook and have blind spots for that certain brand, team, person, ect... that is okay.

7. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Buying what looks cool gets very dangerous That's why I give myself restrictions.

Brand loyalty is crazy. Seems its OK to insult other fans but it's an offence to talk negatively about a toy.

8. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Fanstoys offer the best quality products. They are one of the few that still use Diecast. Something that Takara no longer go for. This gives their figures some real heft. But are they the best Third Party company? No.

No "one" manufacturer can be awarded this accolade now. Not when Maketoys are producing items such as Downbeat. Or DX9's Richthofen. There are many factors that make a company "the best". Fanstoys are up there but they are taking some liberties. Early renders that never see the light of day for one thing. Some dubious head sculps being another.

9. oldcollector

oldcollector Member

I have no brand loyalty because I understand that they companies don't care about us only our money. I will support a certain brand because I want them to continue to make stuff but I never just buy anything because it is a certain brand. If you insult their toys you insult their passion and they cant have that. It is not just toys I am old as dirt and have seen it in all the little collector circles I have been in, toys, shoes, video games, cars, knifes, watches, ect.... You better not insult a person favorite brand, those be fighting words. Transformers collectors are not special others collectors are as petty as we are.

I just love toy especial Mecha/Robots and if they transform all the better. Transformers, Gundams, Power Rangers, Mazinger, Sentai, Macross, ect... If you mean dangerous because of cost I agree with that but sometimes I just cant help myself. I am also a former "scumbag" toy dealer so I have some connection to get toys from old friends at wholesale. So I just tell myself it is just too good of a deal to pass up. Hahahahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

*Starts beating his Fanstoys bongo drums*

11. oldcollector

oldcollector Member

Will be by far the biggest and loudest tribe. I will try to put up a good fight against you guys.

12. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Not only copy and imnprove, sometimes also innovate...but delivers it all at a very very reasonable "people" friendly pricing.

13. oldcollector

oldcollector Member

I will go even further then you, I believe that their Megaton is top 10 Transformers toy ever. 1st party, 3rd party or any party you want count. But that is only one toys that is pretty much mostly original and innovative. The others are just bootlegs made to really high quality and slight improvements.

14. Ironbison

Ironbison Member

Fanstoys totally ruined my opinion on them when they came out with motormaster he look nothing like the idw comics unlike mmc who always make there toys idw accurate

Plus fanstoys went with the hypertoon thing that mp44 did which also trashed there reputation

15. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

No. Their transformations are too hard, & not fun. The Iron Dibots are an exception.

I had: Koot, Sovereign, All of the Iron Dibots, Apache, Rouge, Spotter.

The only ones I really enjoyed were the Dibots. I never got Rouge into car mode, unlike MP-51.

Apache/koot/sovereign were so complex, that I didn't know where parts went (even with the instructions/video reviews).

Spotter just had bad QC.

I only have one Iron Dibot left, and that's because it's broken. I can't resell it.

And no, I didn't break the Iron Dibot through user error, it broke when I bent an ordinary joint/hinge...

edit:OH HAI 2018!

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheRealRoadRage

TheRealRoadRage Well-Known Member

product wise, for my tastes, absolutely. I think objectively MMC is best due to their QC rep, their consistent quality in all aspects, their prices, their range, etc etc etc.
    FansToys is best for what I want, which is heavy, complex, extremely well painted figures. MMC is best overall IMO for their overall quality and consistency.

I have for FT: QuietusT, Thomas, Spindrift 2.0, and Sheridan.
    I have for MMC: Liger, OM Azalea Reformatted.

Oh, and this is for larger scale figures. If I was to say the best company for legends, NewAge by far.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    You're mad at Fans Toys for trying to make a cartoon-style Motormaster and succeeding instead of winding up with an IDW one? While you're at it, are you mad at them because Quietus and Sovereign look like G1 Cyclonus and Galvatron instead of Armada and Bayverse? Don't get me wrong, I've got plenty of beefs with Fans Toys (shitty transformations, excessive diecast, price gouging/shorting supply, etc) but maybe instead of being mad that they made something other people wanted instead of the thing you wanted, you just buy the thing you wanted. That thing probably being TFM's Powertrain.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    It really depends how you define what you're talkin about. Mastermind Creations has a huge claim because they've done several very different things at either a high or even the best level. Like, they have IDW stuff at a super high level, definitive representations of important characters, they have super innovative amazing transformable hyper action figures now, they have some of the best Masterpiece scaled stuff out including the all-in-one combiners, they have some of the best quality materials and fun transformations, and they've made several figures that I and others have considered to be among the best Transformer figures ever. Everybody talks about sand toys aftermarket prices but on the low have you looked at MMCs?

Fanstoys is stuck with one niche but they have the best combination of display presence, quality and consistency. They have plenty of problematic figures and even some I would say are outright bad or grossly overrated at the very least, but they have dozens of figures they released at this point and the absolute worst of them is still pretty okay. The average fantoys figure is very good and they have multiple GOAT level figures. I also agree with Bobby skull-face and others who suspect they're having issues with their combiners due to the weight of the upper limbs.

DX-9 probably had the most interesting Arc to me, coming kind of out of left field as a subsidiary of unique toys and then some surpassing them in pretty much every way, even smacking around fanstoys in a head-to-head matchup and nailing Powerglide so hard nobody else even tried. They had genuinely Innovative and fun Transformations as well, I sold their version of Megatron but I remember really loving it and my buddy who bought it loves it too. I suspect they're the Magic Square people now. I miss their MP scale offerings.

I am VERY interested in the machinations of the people behind Transform Element. Those people look like geniuses.

• Like Like x 1
  19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    To a lot of people FT is the best. What's the proof? Well, how about sales numbers? ;) 

20. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    I prefer MMC but they're probably no.2