Is Energon worth a second look?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mospeada, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Obi

Obi rhymes with epididymus

Super Link is worth a second look - honestly, it's not all that bad when there aren't a million horrible dub errors plaguing the series, and it's not missing an entire episode (Scorponok's Scars). The second half is still pretty dull and it still has the intrinsic problem of treating characters like crap (Demolishor and Starscream especially) but it's not TERRIBLE like Energon is.

2. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No.

3. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    The one thing that I can't get out of my head is

"KICKER" - ironhide

4. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    Find the Japanese version, Super Link and watch it it's worth a second look.

As for teh dub, run, run like you never run before!

5. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    seems im in the minority but I like the Energon series sure its nort the best but its not as bad as some make it out to be

6. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

It's too bad that Kicker never ran around on his bike, jumped off, did an awesome kick while yelling, "KICKER KICKUUUUUUUU!"

Also, less annoying Kicker in Super Link.

Also also, the toon may be crap (Energon toon that is), but the toys are pretty damn good. Not the best things ever, but they're certainly nicely done toys.

7. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

actually watching it now, if you can call it watching it, for completion sake after seeing Superlink fansubbed.

Honestly I remember enjoying Superlink at face value when I first watched it. Of course it got boring and hard to sit through about halfway through, but I didn't HATE it. It still ranks and the bottom most levels of Transformers fiction though. I can't remember if I liked it more than Galaxy Force (seems pretty strange that I would) but I'm pretty sure I liked it more than Masterforce... egh.

Though when all is said and done, Superlink is still a badly animated, badly produced series with very poor plotting, pacing, and character development.

Energon is all that plus nonsensical translation, embarassing dubbing, and a one of the worst renditions of the transformers theme ever. Yeah... I'm 'kinda' watching it...

8. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

fuck no, Im watching one of the DVDs now! LOL! how ironic. This show sux buffalo anus! I hate Anime, especually with TFs, Armada was good, but Energon and cybertron are like unicorn crap

9. Transfotaku

That kind of logic makes people's heads hurt trying to understand it. You hate TF anime, but you like Armada, an anime? But hate the non-anime, CGI seasons?

Do you even KNOW what Anime IS? I'm thinking you're not understanding the terminology. I'll give you a hint: It's a medium and an art style. It's not a genre on its own.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

People don't really agree on what anime is. It's not a genre, but it can't properly be described as an art style either.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Energon isnt worth a first look, and neither is superlink. they're both abysmal TV shows that were sloppily made, and written without any care. neither version series actually makes sense when it's all said and done. superlink seems to make more sense at times, but even without all the translation errors and other nonsensical filler dialog from energon, superlink is still an awful show, and it still falls apart two episodes in.

if you're gonna watch energon or superlink, just go to youtube and look at the cel animated scenes, like the combiner sequences from the special episode. thats honestly the only thing in either version of the series that is worth any attention at all.

12. Transfotaku

Properly, it's a medium.

Theoretically, it's an art style, in the sense that MUCH (not all, but a good percentage) follow the same general style.

But yes, it's definitely not a genre.

Technically, based on vocabulary, the proper, dictionary definition is simple though: Anime is animation. That's it. Nothing else. It's just how Japanese say the word Animation. Just like a tsurugi is a blade (Tsurugi is Japanese for blade, as in swords). Different word for a different language.