is drift the dinobots guardian?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomeist guy, May 14, 2014.

1. awesomeist guy

awesomeist guy the one REAL prime

News Credits:
    from what I could tell from the imagine dragons spot when grimlocks breathing fire drift is in the left we all know this by now but one thing is that optimus is also there and appears to be punching something (CGI not finished there maybe) but nothings attacking drift and he's not hiding because grimlock would be able to see him (or even smell him) so maybe drift is their guardian or came to earth with them and grimlock is ordered to fight optimus to see whos the better fighter and that's how grimlocks tamed because drift knows how powerful optimus is now

I know drift was seen with an old bumblebee but keep in mind no one knows when that happens could be that bee gets the better mode during that moment whilst grimlock and optimus pick a different route or get slowed down by humans or lockdown etc.

what do you think?

2. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Maybe.There are a lot of questions and it's fun to speculate but can't say for sure.It was a speculation about Lockdown guarding the Dinobots when he was a friend of Lockdown and after that something went off...

3. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Dinobots needs a guardian?

4. dmomhs2k14

dmomhs2k14 Well-Known Member

Optimus isn't punching anything he's just quickly reaching for either his sword or shield. And I'm glad to see someone else thinks he's the dinobots guardian in some way or another besides me

5. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Optimus is punching the air with a 'come at me' expression, trying to get Grimlock's attention. Why is it so hard for people to see that?

6. tamaboy311

tamaboy311 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this or...just a "lets go to battle!!!" expression.

7. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    He is telling grimlock to bring it on with an arm motion. Not punching the air lol.

8. dmizzle26

dmizzle26 Well-Known Member

It makes sense in alot of ways for Drift to be somehow associated with the Dinobots. Maybe when Optimus goes to China he has to find Drift because Drift may be the only one thats knows where the Dinobots is hiding

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grimlock isn't even looking at him at the time... so yeah, badly directed scene :p 

10. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    So no. Not badly directed. For all we know he's surrounded. Then he most likely turns when he sees Optimus telling him to bring it on. It looks like it will be the best scene in the movie. At least for me. I have no interest in lockdown and not a big fan of his design. As for the Dinobots. Im excited as hell. I cant wait to see the exchange between them and the Autobots at first.

11. Techno Titan

Techno Titan Dinobot

That'd be cool if Drift was protecting the Dinobots while they were in stasis from other Cons or the Transformers haters. But when they're not in stasis mode I'm pretty sure they don't need a bodyguard