Is cyberverse...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Skyfire98, May 25, 2020.

1. Skyfire98

Skyfire98 You can’t beat the original!

Is cyberverse apart of the transformers multiverse? Apparently I heard it isn’t. Is there a 2nd marvel multiverse?

I’m not so sure so...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2020
  2. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I consider every TF series, every media, to be an alternative version unless it is an actual sequel.

That's without touching on the Marvel multiverse thing at all. I don't consider it worth wondering about it all that much.

This is a standard for a LOT of series, movies, etc. It's a "new" start/beginning for a new story that uses the principle of the set environment and the characters.

In anime, you can easily find hundreds of such examples.

Star Trek is a great example for this:

Main series: Original, movies, Next Generation, Voyager, DS9.
    Mild deviation - alternative dimension: Enterprise
    Full deviation - alternative dimension, linked to main series due to Spock jumping dimensions and time : New movies
    Full deviation - alternative dimension: Discovery

Mild = very close to original but some factors that indicates that it's not the same universe
    Full = very different past/origin

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

First of all it's a MUTIVERSE... as in MULTIPLE universes... Which means of course Cyberverse is part of part of the Transformers Mutiverse.

Secondly, Transformers hasn't been part of Marvel's multiverse in YEARS! Marvel hasn't owned a license to the franchise since they worked with Hasbro back during G1. IDW has it now. So there is not a 2nd Marvel multiverse but the Transformers Multiverse and the Marvel Multiverse are separate things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skyfire98

True. So there can’t be more than 1 multiverse right?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Formerly SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    There's really be no point in there being a second multiverse, so no.

6. Skyfire98

Thanks

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That would be like a muti-mutiverse...

Though I do think in some cases there is president for that kind of thing. Like Spider-man set up a multiverse in the 90's cartoon that is different and frankly more believable than the multiverse we got in Ultimate Spider-man and the Into the Spiderverse movie.

Also part of the reason why the Arrowverse Crisis event annoys me so much is because the shows had previously established that characters doppelgangers would always be the same actor playing that role for every different universe. Then Crisis comes along and shows us that there are other universes where the same characters are entirely different actors and now Brandon Ralph is both Ray Palmer and Clark Kent in the same freaking multiverse and I just don't see how he can be the doppelganger for two entirely different characters. I mean I know he played Superman in the movie Superman Returns and he was essentially reprising that roll again but that movie never should of been connected in any way to the Arrowverse... where he's been established as the Atom... and someone else is Superman. It makes no sense. It might of made sense if they had been doing this sort of thing for the entire run where every doppelganger is a different actor but no so why all the sudden bring in different people? It makes sense if you break the 4th wall but not really from within the story being told, the characters should always be the same people regardless of what universe we're in.

Transformers doesn't really have that though... Except Cyberverse did kind of set up where there are other universes where Transformers all have the same designs... but I think in their case it's more a matter of they were crossing paths only with universes that were nearly identical to to their own anyway. They didn't cross with a universe where everyone had totally different personalities but some how still looked the same. Both their looks and their appearance were so similar that it's not even really worth addressing.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    So you do have an 'L' key...

Crisis on Infinite Earths. Emphasis on INFINITE. There is no "always" in infinite variety. As you get further away from your starting point universe, the differences become larger.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Technically a multiverse only needs to be a collection of universes. What we call the Transformers multiverse could be looked at as a collection of smaller multiverses. Each collection of “universal streams” is called a “cluster” with a designation (Primax, Viron, Aurex, etc) and the Aligned stories were their own cluster originally (Uniend cluster). It’s easier for fans to just visualize the entire franchise as different stories under one brand name, but if you want to split hairs it’s not a contradiction to have multiple multiverses under a greater Transformers umbrella, and then have the greater multiverse fall under the Hasbro Megaverse (including GI Joe and other properties), then the Omniverse.

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    The "Universal Streams" and "Clusters" idea is stupid. It's much more simplistic to just have alternate continuities and designate G1 Marvel U.S., G1 Marvel Euro, G1 Marvel Botcon, etc. Yeah, I know that's basically the same thing as "Primax Sector Sigma Alpha Twenty" or whatever - but no one knows what that means unless you're an ultra nerd for the franchise. This is one of the reasons I loathe what Ask Vector Prime did to the franchise.

11. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker For the Honor

On the bright side, I don't think Hasbro takes AskVP too seriously. So it's probably never going to actually be relevant to the production of the main fiction any of us care about.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skyfire98

This is one of the reasons I loathe what Ask Vector Prime did to the franchise.[/QUOTE]
    I can potentially agree. Plus I hate how they ruined Multiversal singularitys

13. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Ok. Well. Yeah it really is the same just with more nerd flair. But I like universe-building and applaud the half-serious attempt made to somewhat chronicle all the divergent timelines ala Marvel and DC.

14. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Grammar checker , check thyself

15. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    I don't think most people take it too seriously either.

16. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Korean Geewunner.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I mean, the suggestion that Maccadam was Alchemist came true, and that came from Ask VP.

17. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker For the Honor

Okay, fair point.