Is big lots devastator worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GingaMagnus, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

To anyone who owns this and g1 devastator.... i've considered getting them but what does the big lots k.o devastator come with? And does it have any problems besides lack of paint? It kinda looks like g2 devastator though.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Is it worth $8? Yes.

Don't expect some miracle in engineering though, since it's an $8 knock off set after all.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

is big lots knock off toys ever worth it? no, but if you want it, buy it anyways, it's only 8 bucks :lol 

4. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    It's a cheap way to experience the legend without paying legendary prices or having to restore old junkers. Also, the plastic on it is very nice for cutting and using in modifications.

5. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Signal Lancer

One of Devastator's drill+launchers look wonderful on sunstreaker's shoulder.

6. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    YES buy it now if you are getting to display. I actually bought a few for my friends kids.

A great stand in until I buy a encore version. I bought mine from Tuesday morning in a box set for $8

Here is a pic on my classics shelf.

[​IMG]

7. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yep. I bought it and a green and purple version that I found at Walgreen's several years ago and I probably won't bother with the original version ever. It's just for display, so who cares? At that price you could buy a couple of them to display in combined mode, vehicle mode and bot mode and still come out way ahead!

8. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought both the KO Devastator and Defensor from Big Lots. They display well enough. I wouldn't recommend for playing however.

The Hook figure's chest form was too stressful on the track used in transforming, and cracked a bit. Fortunately he can still form the chest, but I won't be turning them back to individual bots anytime soon.

Streetwise is only able to become an arm in the Defensor KO. Also Groove's front wheel does not turn on it's own. You'll have to try and pop it off to flip it for a proper leg mode.

Those two issues aside... for display purpose, they're worth the 8$. They can break easily enough however, so don't expect play.

9. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hes not terrible, but theres alot of detail missing like the heads are permanently deployed and they have alot less detail or are barely there at all, the stickers fall off if you breathe too heavily on it, the wheels are too big on hook so you have to sort of cram him in for devvy mode.

other than that though, he comes with all accessories, his drills are really cool, i want to use them for something but i dont know what at this point. hes a nice yellow, and the plastic isnt terrible. his face is painted nicely as well surprisingly, and the parts fit is acceptable (a feat in KO combiner toys).

i bought two for my nephews to mess with. i removed the stickers cut down the sharp bits and made some parts a little more robust by adding some styrene. Scrapper needs some extra plastic on his loader to keep his shovel/ devvy foot deployed in devvy mode.

lol anyway i hope this was helpful and not at all like listening to an old man ramble on

10. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

Wow uh thanks everyone for the responses. I just hope it doesn't break in a nano second and which set comes with the devastator pieces if anyone of them have it?

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If you have to choose between the full sized KO, and the "WST" sized KO, go for the latter. I have both the yellow and green ones, and the quality is almost equal to the Hasbro release.

12. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree with everyone here, i bought a couple myself and for display only it's just fine. if you do get one though, get the full box set. they sell the figures individually but they don't come with the connector pieces. good luck

13. pinoyito29

pinoyito29 Active Member

go buy one you wont regret it for 8 bucks its a steel.

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yesterday I stopped by at my local Big Lots to see if they had any of the KO Devastator. They did'nt, but they had a couple of small KO seekers.

15. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I paid $10 for mine, and I say no, but thats just me, i thought the quality was shit. For $5, i'd say definite yes.

16. gregformercy

gregformercy Well-Known Member

You have to get the entire 8 dollar set to get the head, chest plate, hands and waist part. The 2 packs don't come with any. Now here's my question... they have 2 packs with superion and bruticus parts... does that mean there is an 8 dollar set?

17. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

you couldnt pay me 5 bucks to keep that POS on my shelf. i bought it for my son and we wound up giving it away.

18. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Signal Lancer

Bruticus parts?

I'd love a Ruination. Not as much bruticus. PLEASE tell me the Big Lots KO's come in ruination colours.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I've seen this in person a few times. I almost bought it for parts. In any case, it's worth the $8 since it's a low investment. If you're not the type to get anal about official vs. knock-off, lower quality, and are just looking for something that's ostensibly based on G2 Devastator, then it's really not that bad of a deal.

20. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Um, pics? Or details?

Were they just smaller versions of G1 Seekers? Robot Masters? G1 colors, new colors... this sounds interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.