Is Arcee Optimus and Elita's Daugther?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Spiderus Prime, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

2. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    well in the search for alpha trion elta 1 and optimus did have sex so i guess it is possible.

3. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Wow what an enlightening thread here. I couldn't care less either way, but it sure made for interesting reading...

4. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    They're hot chicks nevetheless, but I wanna see the action!

5. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    No. As I understand it Mr. Optimus Prime is indeed a father, but none of his offspring resemble a giant pink/white fembot. sorry. If you want to see Mr. Prime's son, I believe he was seen with his dad in one of last years botcon podcasts via transformers.com

6. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

...I found out 8(... Thank you. Rabid fangirls over on the movie lj community.

Train Wreak Syndrome ftl.

7. Mr.Sci-Fi

Mr.Sci-Fi Bite my shiny Metal (_l_)

News Credits:
  8. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

9. Mr.Sci-Fi

News Credits:
    Has anyone even thought about the lithones, official TF canon, they had kids in their society and they are comparable to te cybertronians.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Well-Known Member

Re: Lithone

Yeppers! It was one of the facts on the ground I had to deal with when I started writing (well, actually before that, or when I first told myself said story).

But it would also seem from the G1 cartoon that the Cybertronians themselves had no solid notion of why they had gender. At least, they treated Wheelie as if he were an adult. Confusion about "children" would seem suggestive that they really had stuck to Vector Sigma and the odd mad scientist for population enhancement (which result in them being "born as adults").

11. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

:wtf: 

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Yeah they seemed to have kids but never said by what method.

13. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I would never have thought of this. I guess Prime having a daughter somehow isn't that far fetched if you think about it. Btw I guess Arcee's full name is Arcee One Prime?

14. Mr.Sci-Fi

News Credits:

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion myself, we saw very little to describe any notions to their gender or relations. Wheelie was off on another world for a while, enough he knew how to survive, a definite loner so any relations to him would not be the norm as pertaining to a usual adult/child relation. The autobots (a military organization) might not of known how to care for a wild child such as wheelie, we have examples of this in our society.

15. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:

And even if one wants to avoid the whole "child" TF, I don't see why they can't be like Data/Lore from ST:TNG - they were "adult" bodies, but had to learn & develop personalities & true skills beyond just programming. Data had loads of information on things, but admitted he'd only used a portion of it.

As for Arcee, possiblity, yes - likelihood; no - as she seemed to be an experienced warrior in TF86, but not to the degree that say, Springer or even Perceptor & co (wave 2) were - so she'd have been built/onlined while OP was asleep.

As for Chromia/Kup - works for me!

16. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I admit I'm a member of a few of those comms - some folks just toss stuff out there w/ little to no thought of mechanics, for lack of a better word.

But then again, if TPTB won't make official comments/information, fans WILL make SOMETHING up... and more often than not, multiple somethings.

17. Rurudyne

I wasn't jumping. It is clear that in the G1 cartoon the TFs had relationships between mechs and femmes. But these evidences require nothing more than fascination based on unexplained psychological stimulus (as Pepe Le Pew would say "Vive le difference!").

I've run into folks who take the opposite take to that sort of minimalism (I actually used a subtly different approach in my own fanfics) and who would insist that TFs have very healthy and even "human" libidos, but aside from some of the REALLY WIERD Japanese Manga there tends to be nothing other than huggy-kissy going on.

(Blame the censors if you wish).

18. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

Who's to say Arcee wasn't born...? shortly after Optimus left? Also didn't Optimus say in the movie One day an Autobot shall rise from our eggs? or did I just hear him wrong? I also think there are short cuts to taking the time to raise a child so they just build new Transformers now. Plus how were the Dinobot's sparks brought on line since they were on earth?

19. Rurudyne

The Dinobots were brought to life by that most sublime of power: Plotkai (Ok, so that's a Bleach reference where they have shikai and bankai as power ups).

If Plotkai isn't adequate, then there's Toykai (a variation of Penkai) ... the need to get these characters into the story so we can sell the toys.

20. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Sounds more of a Dark Tower reference to me :D 

Um, wonder if KA likes Steven King lol