Is AOE's Lockdown a Cybertronian?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Jun 29, 2014.

1. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

• Is AOE's Lockdown a Cybertronian? Or is he a Transformer from another world besides Cybertron?
    • Why didn't the Creators fetch Prime himself? Why would they hire one of their own creations to do so?
    • Also, how old is Optimus and why doesn't he remember his birth?
    • In what way is Prime a descendant of the original Primes?

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    To be fair, do any humans remember their birth? You could be adopted, and if hidden well enough, you would never know. Optimus may assume he was brought about in a certain way, whether that be generated directly by the Allspark or whatever, but wouldn't necessarily remember that. If he was built by the Creators and then became self-aware and conscious after they were able to hide themselves, he might never know his origins.

3. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

A Transformer is at its peak level of intelligence from the moment it is born, so Optimus would have been intelligent enough to perceive and understand his surrounds at the moment he came to life. Why would he not remember how or where he was created? Also, how does he descend from the Primes?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Lockdown's like the universal caretaker. He's better equipped. The Creators may be too old or fragile to do anything by themselves.

Lockdown also came across as a pretty jaded guy. He's entirely savvy with how the universe and it's people work. He's seen it all, and can read people like books, but doesn't care either way. He says himself the hunt is most of why he's doing what he does anyway.

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    When exactly did the movies ever say they are at peek intelligence? The only newborns we have seen in the films were a phone that shot at glass, the mountain dew bot that aimlessly shot cans, and an x-box and car that began to transform. Oh, and the sparklings... yes, those seemed real inteligent as they a) died b) begged Megatron for food like they were baby birds.

As for the created line, people are being to literal with it. Lockdown is only talking to Prime, so of course he says 'you were built'. That doesn't mean all the other Autobots weren't created just like Prime... if they had been around Lockdown would probably had said 'You ALL were built'. We know the Allspark just suddenly appeared and the Cybertronians don't know where it came from... most likely the creators made it and THAT is what Lockdown means when he says 'you were built'. The Allspark isn't a mythical item... it is merely a machine designed to make robots that the Creators then pick up and use.

As for the original question... hard to tell. We do know that Optimus knows of Lockdown, but we don't know if this is because he merely recognizes him because Lockdown has come in contact with cybertron before or if he is from the planet. My guess is Lockdown isn't from Cybertron, personally.

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    The hatchlings in ROTF didn't seem very intelligent. Although if the Creators built Optimus vs him being born, they likely would have made him fully developed?

Maybe they programmed him with false memories, then sparked him to life remotely.

7. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

-As far as Lockdown being Cybertronian--I believe that he is. Two things that would lead me to believe that he is:

1. His ability to scan vehicles on earth
    2. The fact that "The Creators" sent him for Optimus. With him referring to the creators in the way that he did, it implied that it was his creator as well--at least it seemed this way to me. Perhaps there is another alien race that has the ability to transform, but I think it would be safe to assume he is Cybertonian.

-Why did they send Lockdown instead of retrieving him themselves? Well, from what we saw in the movie, Lockdown was pretty masterful at hunting down targets. He clearly had the resources, skill, tactics, firepower, prowess, and cold-blooded mentality that enabled him to be quite the bounty hunter. We assume from Ratchet and Optimus' reaction to him that he is quite reknown, revered, and bad news when he shows up at your doorstep. I suppose the "creators" could have went themselves, but I think they were kept a mystery to set up the next installment.

-In regards to his Optimus' birth, I don't think it's a question of him remembering his birth, but rather HOW he THINKS he was born (or created as Lockdown implied).

-How is Optimus a descendant of the Original Primes? I think someone else would be able to answer this better than I could

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

They weren't born. Remember when Lockdown tells Prime "you weren't born you were made." Lockdown could be Cybertronian just not a member of either faction. He seems like he just rolls by himself but he certainly descended from the same creators of the Autobots and Decepticons. He seems to be the enforcer of the creators or a slave that knows his place and does as he's told. Prime fighting for his freedom and encouraging the Dinobots to do the same might suggest such.

9. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Why didn't The Emperor hunt down Luke Skywalker himself? Because he is the big boss man and would rather make others do it for him. Same with the Creators.

10. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    -YEs he is a cybertronian but he's not on both side, he is not a decepticon, he's not an autobot
    -According to G1, Quintesson is kinda coward so that he cannot fight Prime so hire a well trained bounty hunter might do the trick. The creator might not be Quintesson but still, i think that he's unable to capture Prime himself
    -'You think you were born? you were built" I think lockdown wasn't talking about Optimus. I think what lockdown said was generally to all Transformers, the first Transformers (first Primes) aren't born, they were built. And the creators want Lockdown to brought back a Prime since Optimus is the last of them so..
    -As i remember from the comic, Sentinel found Optimus on the battle field and took him in, trained him then he discovered that Optimus is a Prime. But since the writer kinda broke the timeline in AoE i think the comics is now considered non-canon

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

He is a transformer but not a cybertronian

12. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

What are Bay and the writers using for the mythology? The movies have had many G-1 references and in the mythology Optimus was built by Alpha Trion after Orion Pax was injured.

13. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Eh, it's a little bit confusing here. can you explain more? I was talking about the Foundation comic, it's like the comic prequel to the movie. Idk anything about the G1 comic except the fact that Orion Pax became Optimus Prime after the found the matrix

14. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

1) I think he's definitely from Cybertron. Ratchet recognized him offhand.
    2) They built these guys for a reason. They're gonna use them.
    3) I think "You were built." doesn't literally mean that Optimus himself was built by the Creators, but that the entire Cybertronian race was engineered.
    4) I don't understand how "descendants" work in Transformers anyway.

15. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

Naturally all my responses are pure conjecture because we don't know this stuff.

1) I think it's likely that Lockdown is indeed a Cybertronian. I think he's probably VERY old though, almost as old as Prime. He's been around the block and has the scars and attitude to match.

2) The creators (quints!) probably have their fingers in a whole lot of pies. Why do something yourself if you can monitor a race for millions of years and cherry pick the best, most powerful, most obedient member of that race to do your bidding? That's almost undoubtedly what the creators did - identified Lockdown as an incredibly skilled, prime-level fighter without the pesky moral compass...and made him an offer.

3) Optimus is probably extremely old but who knows how he's been tinkered with. It's entirely possible that the creators have captured him before and wiped him.

4) The Prime-line is somewhat troublesome to be sure. How does it work? We have no idea really. Personally, I like to think of Primes as transformers who's sparks have never been recycled into a new being via the Allspark. I like the idea of there being a limited number of sparks, and non-primes are Transformers who have essentially been recycled at least once. Technically, this would mean Optimus IS still a Prime, since the Matrix itself divulged his spark back into his body, rather than the Allspark using it to generate an entirely new life. Anyways, that's just how I think of it.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So much information going around I can't keep all the sources straight but I think there was an interview somewhere that said Lockdown was a Transformer that did not pick a side of Autobot or Decepticon. I don't know if he was originally from Cybertron but I think it might be like with humans where you'd still be human if you were born on a Mars colony.

Creators. Maybe they are saving something for the next movie. Setting things up to better tie the films together.

Just taking a wild stab in the dark on why he can't remember but maybe he was damaged sometime in the past and it effected his memory. Perhaps a tragic event that damaged his memory. Or it's even possible someone tampered with his memory at some point. Seems like a lot of ways they could go with it if his memory is important in later films.

17. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    1- Yes, duh. Ratchet and Optimus knew and remembered him and Prime talked about him to the Autobots without explaining who he was. Which indicates he has some sort of notoriety and is well known. Just because he doesn't claim a faction doesn't mean he's not Cybertronian. I'm kind of confused why anyone would think he's anything else?

You're last three questions I think are purposely left unanswered at the end of the film. We will figure out in future movies.

Also why is no one bringing up Orion Pax? This could explain a lot of things for people that know about Primes former life before being a leader.

18. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

Technically he wouldn't be Cybertronian if he was from a colony world, which I think is what the question was trying to ask.

Kind of like a human who was born on Mars would be human still, but a martian instead of an earthling.

19. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Lockdown is actually from Awesometron.

20. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

I think the Creators are too busy to come after Prime himself. Remember Lockdown's words to Attinger about humans thinking they're the center of the universe. I think you can read even further between those lines and assume that there's something much larger going on out there.