Is anyone else just kind of "over" TF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tony77tony77, Aug 29, 2011.

1. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With all the reissues and repaints makes me cut down on buying them. I've been thinking about selling my collection and just only collecting the "classic" line.

Don't get me wrong they are awesome but I think I'm going to cut back.

Who knows maybe I just needed to rant on about it a bit, what do you guys think?

2. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I think I'm over 'modern' transformers outside of bonafide collecter pieces. Mainline stuff just seems like toys... cool toys, but not really a suitable collection. I have no real attachment to them like I do G1, RID and Alts. Classics feel a bit... boring really. Also, there is NO structure to who they release and when they release them. It's an incoherant line with no fixed aesthetic. It's supposed to represent G1 on the whole, but while it has the characters, it often misses out on the charm of when they were released within the context of G1's timeline. Guys from the same year no longer fit together and I always liked the fact that 84, 86 and 88 figures all have their own look to each other, while still feeling like a coherent whole.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'm think about thinning out my repaints, but apart from that, no.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can see where you are coming from, honestly. I'm a Transformers addict however and a majority of what Hasbro throws at me I will gladly accept. I can't say I have one line, genre, or one Transformers SPECIFIC thing that defines my love for this community.

6. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

I don't think I'll ever be "over" Transformers, but currently the vast majority of the toys on the pegs don't interest me. The brand just feels extremely saturated and inconsistent right now, saturated with product I don't want ... take Kre-O for example, plenty of fans are excited by this line, but for me, like Built to Rule before it, it does absolutely nothing.

I fully understand Hasbro's business strategy to exploit the success of the movies, but from a collector's pov it's an overwhelming and diverse amount of product.

7. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I don't even get collecting in the first place, what's the point of having a million plastic robots?

8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm not over them and probably never will be entirely, but I'm certainly not as into them as I used to be. Whenever lines get cancelled before what I consider to "complete", it really puts me off entertaining the idea of investing into new ones. It happened with Alternators, it happened with War Within Titaniums, it happened with G1 Robot Heroes, it happened with Animated and it's sort of happening now with Masterpieces depending how you look at it. That's why when it comes to the new Prime line, I'm going to approach it very cautiously, if at all.

Overall, once I'm done getting the remaining G1's that I need and when/if Hasbro finishes hammering out the remaining core S1-S3 cast of characters via Classics, I think I'll transition to being a very one-off collector that only buys higher end G1 inspired figures like Masterpieces.

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I've stopped buying DOTM toys until Soundwave, Leadfoot, and Quejack, but other than that I haven't lost interest or am "over" TF as a whole.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm sick of Bayformer peroid.

I still need Leader Sentinel, Ironhide, Leadfoot, Wheeljack/Que and Soundwave and some offscreen dudes like Air Raid and Dragstrip. Then i'm done FOREVER.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Since this is the movie's third go-around, I've really only just been picking up the few characters I want and/or missing from my main lineups (thank god DOTM Megatron actually gave me a decent Earth mode Megatron to plug that gaping hole in my collection). My collecting has slowed down as a result, but that's far from being bad as it's saving me money. I do still want some stuff, like Cyberverse Guzzle and Leader Sentinel Prime, along with a lot of the upcoming basic HA's (Whirl, Reverb, and Dragstrip mainly), but other than that and the few Generations/RtS figures I'm still on the hunt for, I'm ready for Prime to come and kill my wallet. If my growing love for Gunpla building doesn't beat it to the punch, that is.

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always fade out every now and then, usually inbetween movies when there's nothing but crappy repaints and toy droughts. Right now I'm not though, because of Prime and 3rd party stuff.

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Getting there

14. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

If there's an A/E/C Repaint that comeout (even after all this time) I'm a sucker for them but I don't like the Movie Austhetic that much and I've grown bored of Classic/Universe/Generations. I'd have happily bought a WFC toyline though.

I've gennerally Stopped collecting the Main line. For me it's KRE-O ALL THE WAY :D 

15. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

I wouldn't say I'm over Transformers, but I'm definitely at a slow point. I don't collect movie toys so whenever a movie is out my collecting slows down. Right now I'm just picking up some of the third party stuff. I won't be back into it big time again until the Prime figures come out.

16. Optimus997

Optimus997 Well-Known Member

Not with the Prime toys coming out! Definitely not buying much DOTM stuff, but still loving Transformers overall as much as ever.

17. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I hate to say it, I really do, but I'm not as interested in the TF franchise as I once was. I still like it a lot, but I don't...love it...compared to other franchises, that is.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Not as much interest in the direction the franchise has gone fictionwise in the last few years. Toywise? I'm honestly glad that the movies have given me a break from my Classics and the occasional Reissue. I'll always love Transformers, even more than Warhammer right now, and I didn't think that was possible. But I'm not going to happily take everything Hastak makes with a faction symbol on it. THAT would wear me thin faster than anything.

19. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm pretty much over it, DOTM toys has left much to be desired, and the cancellation of TFA was disappointing, just not diggin the new Prime look.

20. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'm "Over" the current lines. Don't like the Movie or Prime designs and Classics hasn't released a character/mold that interests me recently.