Is anyone actually buying RiD?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Same here. I like the deluxes. They look like decent, fun to mess around with figs. But every major retailer is being dumb as hell and charging upwards of $17 a piece for them. No way are they worth paying that much for them. $13 at most.

2. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

I think the line as a whole is an absolute joke. The figures are even more overpriced than deluxe class ones are, look crappy, and are simple and boring. Also, why the hell is there one Decpticon out of all the Warrior class figures?!? While there are a few other Decpticons in the other classes, but those are either one step changers, or the non transforming Tiny Titans. But, on the other hand, none of the other show Cons have even remotely cool designs (Excepting Filch, maybe.) As a gimmick driven, kids oriented line, this sucks in comparison to Armada. At least with that line, we had actual Transformers figures, and while they had gimmicks, they still transformed.

Ah well, there is a bright side. In my area, at least, the stores can never seem to keep Combiner Wars figures in stock, yet the RID2015 stuff may as well be glued to the shelf. The retailers and Hasbro should definitely notice.

3. LastDecepticon

LastDecepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like the tiny titans but im asharkticon fan boy and have 4 1 lobsterbisck and need the blue shark dude im done .

4. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

Haven't bought them myself, but judging from seeing the RiD pegs in my local stores occasionally empty, yes I suppose people are buying them.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't bought a single one, despite my kids asking me to buy but I really don't have a good impression of them i.e. the cost/quality aspect isn't there for me.

True enough, when my kids got some figures as gifts (deluxes?), the quality doesn't seem as good as it was with previous lines. My hey, my kids like them and maybe if they go on clearance, I may get a few for them. But I saw the promos for the larger Optimus and gimmicks aside, it looks too kiddish.

6. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have purchased:
    1. Warrior Bumblebee - I was going to customize him into a Vehicon, but the neck ball-joints are incompatible. Put him in my sales thread for $15 shipped if you want him.
    2. Warrior Grimlock - I was going to customize him into Godzilla, but the transformation doesn't allow for what I had planned. At least his knee/elbows are just fine! Put him in my sales thread for $15 shipped if you want him.
    3. Warrior Jazz - had a coupon so I got him for cheap. I actually really like him. Replaced his head with Beast Hunter Prowl's head. Might be a custom in the works there.
    4. Legion Grimlock - I dig this little guy.
    5. Warrior Optimus - this guy is neat. I wish his head was on a ball joint, but I dig the face sculpt, and it's an interesting transformation. And I have the axe to my WFC Optimus so that's cool.

The other figure...eh, they do nothing for me. At least the ones that are released.

7. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

naw

8. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Me too, and for the same reason, although I may still get Optimus Prime and Grimlock. Maybe.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    Nah. I finished my RID collection years ago when I tracked down Optimus and Ultra Magnus. I suppose I don't have Sky-Byte and the Predacon trio, but I was never that interested in the BW repaints.

10. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

I purchased the core Warrior Autobots minus Grimlock, Legion Fixit, and the Japanese Optimus Exclusive. After the FOC Grimlock remold, I'm done with the line. I tried to be interested in it, but they really went for the younger demographic this go-around. So, they can have it. I'll stick with Generations/Combiner Wars.

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I got Grimlock and that wolfman. They are...alright. And they're the best offerings by far.

I'm frustrated by amazing Decepticon designs left unused and boring Autobot designs being made even more boring in the simplification process in making the toy.

12. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Nope, just classics. That's my mainline.

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    As for me I am of the opinion that RID2015 is an above average toyline,but for me personally I have yet to buy one of them,and probably never will,not because the line sucks but mainly cause I am focusing on Combiner Wars and Masterpieces from now on,and certain 3P figs.

I just think RID2015 has crossed so far over the line that they're not considered collectibles anymore so much as kids toys.But if after RID2015 is over Hasbro decides to go back to a line similar to Prime and Beast Hunters then I might think about going back to that type.That is my opinion.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not really, they look worse than the dollar store kos here, sucks, the onscreen designs were very animated-esque, but they didn't have the budget in place to make halfway decent toys

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    If this line actually released figures for Clampdown, Chop Shop, and Vertebreak, I'd be all over it.... but instead it seems content on just making the main Autobots, the main Autobots in different colors, the main Autobots in different sizes, and a Steeljaw. Meh.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I dunno if it's because of the odd disconnect between the US airings and the original oversees airings, or the people who didn't like Prime just not bothering with this one, or it being "too kiddy", or it being on a network which will in all likelihood drop it this Fall, or what, but the RiD discussions are bizarrely apathetic.
    I think the announcement that Slipstream was a guy generated more buzz than all the actual episodes combined...

16. HardMangG

HardMangG Well-Known Member

Proud owner of TAV-21. I'm rly hoping hasbro or Takara releases some more complex voyager figures

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I love RiD!

Oh wait, you're talking about RiD2015.

No.

18. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I bought Warrior Bumblebee from the line just yesterday when I was with a friend because they'd never experienced transformers before and I wanted something simple to start with. This friend knows I only buy Masterpiece toys, and almost exclusively Japanese and third party items.

When I opened that Bumblebee to show her, I was appalled at the quality. Loose joints, skimpy paint, even the plastic felt, and I hate using this word, cheap. Then I transformed it (because despite the simplification, it's still hard for somebody who's never transformed one before to understand), and the door literally didn't even tab into place. It had ONE mechanical gimmick, transforming, and it couldn't even do that right.

For the first time in five years, I returned a transformer yesterday. I couldn't believe how much quality had fallen for mainline releases in spite of the ridiculous price increases, mostly because I've only bought two Hasbro figures in the last two years, and they were both part of either Generations line, which seems to have the better end of the stick.

So no, I'm not buying it. I will, however, be getting that Takara Voyager Grimlock, because I know the mold isn't janky and I friggin' love Grimlock.

19. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

Picked up a few legions for the kiddo. He's five and loves the show. They're fine as toys, really. I certainly don't find that class any weaker than the Generations Legends class, which I felt is somewhat lesser than it should be. Haven't tried any of the Warriors.

It's the kids line, targeted toward the younger audience. With them, it does fine. Collectors are just not used to any line that doesn't make some try at skewing to them. RiD makes none. But it's pure Hasbro TF brand model: Target a demo (boys 5-12), make media, make toy line to match media, push both for two-three seasons, repeat. Yes, it's repetitive, but strangely, every time there seems to be an entirely new set of kids to sell to. And, while again collectors seem to fail to understand it, young kids prefer buying the heroes first and the villains only second or not at all.

20. Nubs

Nubs Master-D

I may get Strongarm, but that's it. She's the only one I really like. If they release a Windblade (that's better than the Generations one at the very least) I might buy it.