Is a War for Cybertron movie a good idea?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tetrajet_WFCTX_129397, Nov 5, 2019.

1. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I think it's possible we might get one, it would probably be another spotlight film maybe optimus. The cybertron scene was created from feedback by test audiences so clearly there is demand for it the problem would be creating a hour and a half film with that level of cg is since it's rather expensive even by movie standards

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Yeah, tell that to The Dark Crystal, and The Lion King 2019 CG remake.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Maybe some hardcore Transformer fans, but where's the evidence that is what hooked in general audiences? I haven't seen much, if any.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rodimal Rodimus

Then what did? Just asking.

5. K2flygurl

K2flygurl Banned

That’s one of the reasons why I love Transformers. Seeing them and humans interact with each other. That’s the best part. Also never heard anyone think that Transformers is stupid. I do assume that most of the general population like Transformers. I mean look how much money Bay Transformers had made. I myself do find Transformers pretty stupid also, but yet love them. I enjoy Transformers. There are people who think that Teen Titians Go is stupid and love the show.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And FWIW, this same person who thought it was stupid before still really liked the movie.

So it just goes to show that Transformers has that broad appeal, just not everyone likes the parts we do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rodimal Rodimus

Can you give us a few examples if you please?

• Like Like x 1
  8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, I did? I don't exactly drag my friends to every TF movie showing, but the Cybertron or Transformer-specific scenes were always seen as the "boring" parts compared to when the TFs were interacting with people. Beyond Bumblebee, the house scene in TF1 was another I remember resonating well with my non-fan friends.

The best part was explaining to my GF, who's very much enamored with the idea of alien life, criticizing things like how they spoke English, or how Earth was named "Earth" to them, or why they were already cars (albeit alien cars) on Cybertron with wheels. I'm like "but they're ALIEN wheels!"

• Like Like x 2
  9. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bumblebee was sort of that.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  10. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    WFC came out in what, 2011? 20 million views in 8 years would be a pretty poor showing for a movie trailer.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Personally I always wanted more of this

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rodimal Rodimus

I was thinking about other people other than one person. Otherwise, that's just a minority.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Something in the lines of the game perhaps is a good idea but a adaptation ? not a chance.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Fully agreed!

As much as I'd love it

I think that, as well, when you do something that would be fully animated/lacking the "live action" element [even if its tip-top cgi], a lot of adult audiences would be less inclined to even go see it. Cuz animated movies are "for kids" and arent "real movies"

Take Into the Spiderverse, for example. AMAZING movie. Probably the best spidey movie ever. But its animated. And even though it turned a nice profit its 300 million is nothing compared to the 1 billion+ its live action counterparts rake in. There's just still that terrible American stigma that says fully animated movies are "less than." I mean, my parents are always my thermometer. They're as "general audience" as can get but any time something animated comes around they either balk at it or say "thats one to take the 7 year old granddaughter to." Or when they catch me watching something like Spiderverse they stick their nose up and have their "why are you watching THAT?" reaction.

It can be done. And if we're all INCREDIBLY lucky it could be done extremely well. But I dont think it'd ever light the world on fire and to the suits THAT is what matters most. SO MORE HOOMANS IT IS
    [but I think they could take more time on the civil war stuff. I mean, really lean into it like a gritty war movie/character study and shed some light on characters' backgrounds to really flesh them out? It could be really neat. Even in the Bumblebee movie the flashback stuff was ALL just mindless action fluff and fanboy catering. If they use it to propel the core story, I think it could be really neat. But i'm not sure they know how to go about it]

So we'll see how that new Netflix show turns out *shrug*

• Like Like x 3
  15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, I saw TF1 with my family and two friends (not at once) and ROTF and DOTM with family. AOE I saw with my mum, and TLK with my brother in-law, and have watched the first four at home with friends. Consensus among all was that the exclusively-Transformers stuff just wasn't that interesting once you got past the CGI spectacle. (and that they got continuously worse until Bumblebee, but that's besides the point)

16. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

I don't know who you've been talking to, but the Cybertron scenes are easily everyone's favourite part of the Bumblebee film. Even friends of mine unfamiliar with Transformers were impressed by it. Most people already expect a next film to have more Cybertron. Whoever on this forum is telling you otherwise doesn't really know the market at all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I think it was because of people liking the relationship between Bee and Charlie.

I'm not saying fans can't or shouldn't have preferences different from those of general audiences. I myself have preferences different from both general audiences and most fans here, and if anything my preferences are even farther from the average person than that of the average fan.

I just don't think any fan, myself included, can project their preferences onto those of others. If some fans would like a Cybertron movie like the first scenes of Bumblebee or DotM, there is nothing wrong with that. I just don't think it would be an easy sell, and consequently easy profit. We fans are a fringe minority and not the norm.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best way to go is a Netflix movie I think.

19. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

As much as this would be a perfect idea in an ideal filmgoing world, the sad fact that bay, lorenzo, and their suit-wearing Paramount bosses and beancounters conditioned so many into an assinine mindset (that a film franchise titled after, and supposedly focused on non-human transforming characters, couldn't exist without a dominant focus on humans), there'd have to be a serious unlearning process to destroy and eliminate all traces of that mindset and the effects of it. . .

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Agreed, my all time favorite opening on my all time favorite movie!

I would think that they'd want to try an animated movie, kind of like what happened with Spiderverse...

• Like Like x 1