Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide4, Jun 30, 2011.

1. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

I think I remember it being said somewhere that it's because Sentinel considered Ironhide the 2nd largest threat to him besides Optimus.

That's saying something especially considering how he believed Megatron a threat as well.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I had no problem with it. He was the closest there and right in front of Sentinel, so might as well kill him off while he had the chance. Still very brutal though. And like someone said before it was a good way to make everyone hate Sentinel from the get go.

3. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wht bothered me was that it wa the 1st nd last time Sentinel Prime used that gun...also they should of had lennox, Bumblebee or Sideswipe tell Optimuswht happned to Ironhide...

4. malteselegacy

malteselegacy Galvatron

Ironhide gets killed in Transformers the Movie and now gets killed in Transformers Dark of the Moon. He is a main character and to give the movies some sort of shock value a major character must be killed off. Although I must admit I didn't see that coming.

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    He's the Autobots' weapons expert and heavy hitter = biggest threat. (I hate that he had to die, but the "cosmic rust" gun is a nice homage)

6. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Ironhide was killed because he was the biggest threat next to Optimus, and plush he was Optimus's second in command. Take out the second in command, you take down the chain of command.

*sighs* And I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Ironhide's death was brutal and it certainly was a cheap shot to be taken out from behind. :( 

RIP Ironhide.

7. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

like everyone said, sentinel needed the pillars, and ironhide would have probably given him a hard time. opportunity calls, and he said let's do this and blasted a couple holes in ironhide. sure it's sad, but usually in most movies someone significant (ie. time invested) dies.

8. darkeclipse

darkeclipse Active Member

Rip ironhide!!!! :( 

9. megachin

megachin Banned

Rip ironhide

Fuck you sentinel

10. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    For the first movie, Bay said he killed off jazz because he was the one people cared most about aside from OP or Bee. That seems to have been the approach here. And the very fact it led to the creation of this thread shows that the very impact bay intended his death to have was had.

For a more in-fiction explanation/justification, I believe the prequel comics, and the adaptation comic mentioned Ironhide being apart of a different "race" of Transformers (not to be confused with faction). He was a part of a different tribe or something. Upon killing Ironhide in the comic, I believe Sentinel says something about never liking his kind

11. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I think you're letting your attachment to the character affect you too much. The reason for killing of Ironhide was pretty obvious, for reasons pointed out by everyone who has posted before me.

It's not wrong to be angry or upset at a character's death. I felt upset at the death of
    Wheeljack
    , because I grew to like him a lot, and his death was quite sad. But that doesn't mean I hate the writers or the director for doing what they felt was right for the story.

Ironhide has been in the series for all 3 films. His death was easily going to cause a fair amount of sadness for those invested in his character. That's the entire point of killing off major characters in films; to invoke some kind of emotion in the viewer. It's just part of telling a story that has emeotional impact.

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    That was so sad! "You are hereby relieved of your duty".

13. skidz180

skidz180 Observer

No it was a bold move. My favorite character was Ironhide. The impact it made was huge for transformers fans. It served the movie and changed the tone. Sentinel must kill someone important, because he had to 'kill the dog'. One action that let the audience hate him for it and to make no mistake, that he is no longer good. Ironhide served the purpose for this. Bumblebee and prime were ofcourse not used for this. Ratchet had even less character development over the 3 movies. So ironhide was the only logical choice.

14. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    imo if bay wanted people to feel sad bee would have been the one to go as he is the posterchild and for that reason and has had the amount of screen time. I'm quite disapointed about Ironhide and after that it kinda killed the movie for me. Still, maybe a sequel comic could pick up and have them revive Ironhide as it's only rust which only irkedhim in movie 1, HOPEFULLY.

15. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I hope they don't revive him, that'd only cheapen his death

and I don't think he was talking about rust that eats him whole in like a minute....

16. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

This Thread = CRY ME A RIVER....

17. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon

this is the most logical reason of all, ratchet was just there in all 3 movies lol

18. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Given how many times Prime's been resurrected, I'm not sure the cheapening of deaths really matters in the grand scheme of things when it comes to Transformers.

Ironhide's death in DOTM has no emotional impact on me other than to make me pissed because of how cheap a death it is: he doesn't even get a mention after it happens! That's pathetic. If Bay truly cared about emotional impact with the TFs, he would have had a lot more character development for the main Autobots than what he did in these films.

19. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    I actually felt somthing when Ironhide died. He was innocent!!!!! :( 

20. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    maybe the Writers are more to blame for that though...since he doesn't get much development in the novel either (based on the screenplay by Kruger)