Minor/Repaint: Ironhide trades jeans for slacks

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DoodleBrandon, Jul 2, 2017.

1. DoodleBrandon

DoodleBrandon Well-Known Member

After sitting on my shelf for 5 or 6 years with that UGLY and inaccurate blue, I finally got off my rump and painted Ironhide. I basically masked off his truck pieces, spray painted his entire body black, then did dry brush with Testors aluminum and then added all the gold, copper, etc. details. I've removed his mouthpiece and did the little shave mod on the back of his knee so that both legs bend the same amount. Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!
    Ironhide 1.jpg Ironhide 2.jpg Ironhide 3.jpg Ironhide 4.jpg Ironhide 5.jpg Ironhide 6.jpg Ironhide 7.jpg Ironhide 8.jpg Ironhide 9.jpg Ironhide 10.jpg Ironhide 11.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Love it! Motivates me to get off my butt and finish up my Leader Ironhide too! Do far all I've done is get the panels off the arms, added articulated hands and modded the feet to have articulated toes......no paint yet but hope to do a great job like you have!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I never did mine either. After getting mpm3 the other day and wanting to paint him metallic, I saw my Ironhide and sighed, knowing it would be at least a decade before Bee got painted too.

Rad job, inspire us lazy slobs!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

Looks great! You have done the mold a great justice with that awesome paintjob! Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DoodleBrandon

DoodleBrandon Well-Known Member

Thanks guys