Ironhide TF:TM 86

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Macross79, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Macross79

Macross79 Banned

I know this was used to promote and sell the newer toys.. I was watching G1 TF Season 2, and couldn't help but notice that in the episode " The Search for Alpha Trion" were Ironhide shot acid from his fingers and was seen a few times also in the series where uses his hand as weapon. But my question is why couldn't he use his hand as weapon and shoot acid instead during the Shuttle Attack, he may not been able to kill all the Decepticons, but at least he would have killed a few.

[​IMG]

2. Dropkick

Dropkick This is France's Colors, Not America's.

Google+:
    Marketing.

3. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

"Low on energon."

4. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    "Writer forgot what he could do." "Plot convenience." :p 

--Moony

5. Endgamelikespie

Endgamelikespie Well-Known Member

He could have melted Megatron's foot in one last act of defiance.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    LOL...good question but maybe he didn't want to melt a hole in the shuttle and doom his fellow Autobots? :D 

Still, there were quite a few moments where previously powerful 'Bots were suddenly helpless. I always assumed that this was because they were Energon depleted.

7. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were all dead so why worry. Shoot at the bad guy right in front of you who killed your friends. My guess is the writer forgot or it was put in the show after the film was wrote. (the film was in the works when S2 was in early stages right?)

8. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

I always thought Iron Hide was to much of a strong main character to have died and been in the shuttle. Iron Hide I think is the second or 3rd strongest autobot from the ark crew either before or after Brawn and Optimus being first of course. Though Brawn didn't have a vast arsenal of weapons like Iron Hide so Iron Hide would of been the strongest from farther range compared to Brawn. Though I think ultimently the reason Hide just used his normal weapons was just cause the writers needed to write him off, plain and simple, though as fans of the show and the movie we like to think of scenes like this in a reality sense. So with that said lets put ourselves in Iron hides position but in a reality of our common day. So like Iron Hide you are enclosed in an area with some friends, in our case at work in an office. You are on your computer doing work when all of a sudden you are caught off gaurd when a shooter comes in. You friend runs to try to tackle the shooter but is shot and is killed. Imagine how high your adrenaline would be? And how your mind would be processing? You other friend pulls out a gun at the now 10 gunmem and shoots but is then shotdown in an instance. Now you have no other choice but to try and fire back, they are gonna shoot you anyways ,better to go down with a fight than none at all. Now think for a minute, this is all going down so fast would you have to time to try and get the AK-47 or Shotgun in your desk and take it off of saftey, load it, in a flick of time? Nope your instinct is probably gonna either pull out the pistol in your pants or grab the nearest object and use it. The same with Iron Hide, everything went down so fast ,he didn't snap to use his other weapons.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Multiple weapons? That'd be Bayverse Ironhide. G1 Ironhide was pretty much narrowed down to standard laser, a backmounted missile launcher apparently, liquid nitrogen, and apparently that acid.

But the answer is invariably "to sell toys".

10. Fallout

Fallout crack pipes needles pcp and fast cars

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    simple answer? ironhide’s a pussy who tried acid once and won’t shut up about it, even though he won’t do it again

11. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

They could've gotten out of the way and eventually kill him anyways.

12. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

Low on Energon really is a great get out clause for a lot of plot contrivances. Should be used more often. It could be a great limiter for things that should just be insane super powers, like mass shifting.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Better question: Why didn't all those solvents, acids, liquid nitrogen, etc. he supposedly carries spray everywhere when Megatron blew up him at point blank range with a fusion cannon?

14. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    The movie was written before a lot of season 2 was written. That's why. Also his toy was discontinued. He didn't stand a chance.

15. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Well, :(