Ironhide replacement

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TransRavak25, Jul 5, 2011.

1. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

If he can't fix something as simple as Bumblebee's vocal processor, what makes you think he can fix a fully disintegrated Ironhide, save for his head, and a bisected and crushed Jazz?

2. newguy

newguy i

Bumblebee talks a lot and has a really annoying voice so they don't want to fix it.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Kup or Ultra Magnus with Depth Charge's personality and voice. Have Sideswipe be the swordsman and maybe also use Ironhide's cannons as a tribute to his fallen mentor.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did I mention Bumblebee?

no one else agrees? :( 

5. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

Armorhide, from what I have read, he seems to be a good idea

6. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Uggg what the next movie will have Powerlinx technology now? Or am I suddenly thinking of that Megatron/Ratchet fusion idea...

7. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

i dont think warpath would be as bad ass as ironhide.

8. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Oh fuck it, lets all sign a petition to get Ironhide back, he's the only one that fits the bill as badass of the series. I don't know how Transformers mythos work, but they could say his spark never disintegrated, and they can merge it with one of the Decepticon drones that were taken down. They can remove the drone head and stick his head on top. It's all he needs to stay Ironhide, his head and is heart! Would be a good way to explain why he needs a new truck body too. I'm all for a red souped up Dodge Ram 3500, but I guess just a souped up monster GMC truck, red with a black stripe would work too.

With a new director and crew that is supposed to come in, lets hope he rights the wrongs and keeps what was right with the films.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Bring Ironhide back would be direspectful to the character, honestly.
    His demise was very sad and added weitgh to Sentinel's betrayal, bring him back would be ridicuously cheap.

10. OrionsBelt

Actually, the way Ironhide was killed in the movie was already a cheap way to get an emotional response out of the viewers. It never should have happened to begin with! Bring him back for the forth.

11. Maxanda

Maxanda Active Member

I would love to see Kup in the series at some point. I've been a fan of Kup since reading Last Stand of the Wrackers.

12. Overlord Balder

I don't think so, kill off a character to add weigth to the villain's acts is not cheap: his loss really MEANT something in the movie, you could feel all the "no hope" tone given because of his death [Autobots leaving Earth, Optimus depressive/enraged for the rest of the movie, e.t.c], his death was pretty much the darkest hour of the Autobots [alongside WheeljaQ's demise].

His demise was the "Strike back" of the Bad guys, kick in the teeth of the good guys, Sentinel Prime's Magnum Opus of villany.

Bring him back would simply throw all of that through the window.

Besides, I think there's a limit for bringing characters back, if you keep bringing everyone back from the dead, it kind of loses impact.

13. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I'd like to see either Warpath or Bulkhead take his place. Warpath's movie design is sick, and I'm dying to know what Bulkhead would look like.

14. OrionsBelt

I don't give a fuck about some lasting emotional crap, that shit went out the window the second the film went from the attack on the base to Sam's rambling parents. I wasn't pissed at Sentinel, I'm pissed at the film makers for shitting on Ironhide. They did it in the second film, and they did it in this film too. I just want to see Ironhide come back and do things he did in the first movie, and some more of the Mexican standoff.

If not, then Sideswipe needs to be put in more, since he's pretty much the new bad ass now. Tell you what, I'll stop this now, and all I will say, just put Sideswipe in as the second most filmed Autobot behind Optimus, and I won't be back here bitching about Ironhide 3 to 5 years from now.

15. MackemusPrime

MackemusPrime Well-Known Member

Loving the Sideswipe love here.

Kup...voiced by Clint Eastwood to replace Ironhide.

16. OrionsBelt

Sideswipe, from just two lines and a few words, he already seems like a cool guy to hang out with. Imagine just how more fantastic he would be if the script allowed him to have a full on conversation, even if it was with a human like Epps or Lennox.

We got some decent characterizations from all of the Autobots in the first movie, why is it so difficult for the film makers to incorporate that winning formula in the last two movies?

17. SwerveGears

SwerveGears Autonomous Robot

News Credits:
    Definetley The Wreckers.

18. Overlord Balder

That was weird, but the impact of his death continued throughout the movie, don't you remember Optimus fucking pissed at Washington? ["WHY, SENTINEL, WHYYYY?"], Optimus looking down deppressive when Sentinel ravaged NEST base? Optimus deppressive when the Autobots were leaving? ["I told your leaders who to trust...I...was wrong"].

Ironhide's death was a key point on Sentinel's betrayal, regardless of Sam's parents doing shit or not, no weird editing will change that, the Autobots WERE shown as deppressive after Ironhide's demise for quite a while.

On ROTF I agree, but here? Mexican. Standoff.
    And his death was important, regardless.

I repeat: Bringing him back would only screw with DOTM's lasting impact, don't you think is good to see the Autobots losing some bulk? The villains leaving their mark?

Leaving heroes dead give a sense of depth and weigth to the story, bringing them back only cheapens the plot.

Ratchet replaces Ironhide as Optimus' second-in-command and Sideswipe replaces Ironhide as the heavy-weapons guy: Awesomeness is made.

19. OrionsBelt

Would Ratchet really be the second in command? All I do know, I'd like to see Ratchet get pissed off for once, I hear he was a hoot in the cartoons.

20. Overlord Balder

Ratchet is the smartest of that team, perhaps smarter Optimus, is only logical he would be the Second-in-command [even more so because he is, besides Bumblebee, the only member of the original Team left].

Bumblebee lacks experience and brains to be a second-in-command, Sideswipe has much to learn as well, Dino/Mirage is just a soldier, WheeljaQ died, Ratchet is the only one with some commading skills to be the second-in-command [he even took that role in the Chicago battle when Optimus wasn't around, ordering to take the Bridge down].

On TF4, things would be more like:
    Optimus - Leader.
    Ratchet - Second-in-command.
    Sideswipe - Heavy-weapons-guy.]
    Dino - Uh..Sideswipe's previous rank.