Ironhide #4 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Andersonh1, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Originally I thought he might be Ultra Magnus' inner robot sprayed red and blue and pretending to be Optimus. :p 

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Haha! THAT... would have been BRILLIANT! The REAL Optimus is still nearly comatose somewhere, but Magnus decided he needed to masquerade as the real deal and effect a miraculous "recovery" to improve morale. A true comic book-style twist!

Then he realized that he couldn't deal with it, and quit. Loser. :) 

zmog

3. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Not entirely, but certainly a lot of it was dedicated to explanations of plot holes. But that's a good thing, right? I for one am glad to see an explanation for the Cybertronian radiation and atmospheric problems that weren't there when they should have been.

The answer to the mystery was a little more pedestrian than I'd have liked, but that doesn't lessen the quality of the series. What we got was a story in two halves. The first half was carried along by the mystery, and the second half was carried along by the personality conflict between Alpha Trion and Ironhide.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol

for me this mini series has been a collusion of jerks. ironhide for punching mirage. sunstreaker for throwing the bots under the bus. they even managed to somehow make aplha trion a jerk. I'M ALPHA TRION, BITCH!

but the art made this series bearable. and seeing ironhides reaction to alpha busting out metroplex. his WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SO face was priceless. priceless. i like how costa handles ending tho, open ended which feels more like a setup. as opposed to furman who uses rushed exposition.

5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

This had an incredibly anticlimactic ending. Is it just me, or is pretty much anything besides LSTOW starting with AHM really boring and pointless? The ongoing is...going nowhere.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Metroplex is probably the second most heaverly armed autobot ever, infact in IDW he seems to be the most give they wimped out on Fort Max, he is freaking covered with guns, guns of big city scale death, guns that could probably take out a ship in orbit, Metroplex is shockingly well armed, so why does he swat everything? Okay he's big and that is kinda an easy option for him but really taking out part of the swam exactly the same way he did sixshot, come on IDW give us something different from the big guy.

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Um, remember A3's goal of wanting to restore Cybertron? Yeah I don't think that involves Metroplex going gun crazy on the swarm and destroying everything else along with them.

8. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I absolutely loved the artwork of this mini but felt the story was meh after the first issue. I really liked the flashback story of the first issue of how ironhide was put into achoma, but I felt the story was really dull after that and probably could have been finished in 2 issues, three at tops.

9. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I can't agree more with you. LSOTW was simply magical and ongoing is a pile of con fodder. It's like with the ironhide series they did such a good job with the artwork that they felt they could be lazy with the plot.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Well... would you pull out your shotgun to swat a fly or step on an ant-hill? I suppose the obvious answer is that he doesn't need to shoot them because it's EASIER and more efficient to just squish 'em. :) 

It's not just you. I feel exactly the same. Every IDW thing I read lately has just been a succession of slaps in my face, and now without the monthly antidote that was Wreckers, find myself wondering why I'm bothering... :( 

zmog

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm, they ought to bring Furman off the movie stuff and put him back on the G1 again. thator get the Wreckers crew to plot the timeline

12. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    So Ironhide, Cripple-streaker, Wheelie and the Throttlebots all need to get together now. Maybe populate a building on Cybertron or start a support group for lost Autobots.

13. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Dirge is still hanging around Cybertron as well.

All of the cone heads died fairly fast except him... (Ramjet killed off in his Spotlight, Thrust killed by a bunch of humans)

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

But when ironhide did it with a cashed ship and then blew said ship up that was fine? I'm not sure I have a problem with it in story as such, just I feel Metro should be shown to have more going of him that a "squish you now" attack. I admit he squshed and swatted things very well back in the marvel days in space pirates but he also let rip with a little firepower to and I guess I miss that.

15. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know when this comic will be on the IDW Transformers Comic ipod app ?
    Read 1-3 and loved them just waiting for this one to be on the app.