Iron warrior tfp megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by madex, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Sure there’s Alpha Trion, Striker Manus got that Gundam nethers going on. But I think a casual observer of the toys would have trouble gendering most of the male transformers. They just look like robots. Thus no need to worry about non-TF fans finding the Boudoir thread and making assumptions about what kinds of humans (male?)TF fans fancy.

Unless they think we fancy our acutal toys, which in some cases might be right and power to those people, they get more out of collecting than I do.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. clank clank

clank clank give me your energonies daddy

Wait, what does that have to do with the fear of the fandom getting a brony-type reputation?

You gotta admit, you've kinda been doing the same thing.

That sounds hilarious please link it.

3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here ya go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

I hear you. Definitally a different culture in the area im from. The people I grew up around wouldnt even play like that. Joke or not, the lack of interest in people taking Arcee pics in masculine poses shows a clear double standard. Thats why I think its more of a statement than a joke. Been to enough Botcons to know this fandom has some rather eccentric members.

All im saying is I grew up around people who dont even joke about that kind of stuff. I respect peoples choices. Im liberal as they come. But on the flip side, I dont want to be associated with those choices because they cant seperate their hobby from their preferences. The end result is the rest of us become guilty by association. I know some people gonna think im putting too much thought into it. Maybe I am. But those pics are very Bronyish to say the least...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
  5. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Um... Just to get somewhat back on topic to the product this thread is dedicated to and the manufacturer I've been giving some thought to my request for addition characters. For now I'm retracting that request but I'm just going to list why some ventures would be successful and some not within the targeted audience. In other words I'm looking into what may work for additional characters that have media-presence. I'm really just doing this as nothing else is going on for me so I got time to ramble nonsense. Plus I think the following text could better serve actual transforming figures and not articulated statues.

So first candidate option is RiD15. There's not a lot that can be added beyond the new Autobots. Of them there's Jazz, Strongarm, Sideswipe, Drift, Grimlock, and Windblade to work with. Of the lot I can see Jazz, Strongarm, and Grimlock as "must have" while Sideswipe, Drift, and Windblade are more on the fence. Sadly there's not much of the Cons that can be worked with. Of Steeljaw's pack there's the wolf himself and Thunderhoof that I can see being popular but the rest not so much. Then there's the Stunticons and Cyclonicons which are more dubious. The stronger of the two teams are the Stunticons but even still I'm not sure everyone would want the full team, especially if there's no combined form. Ultra Bee can be said for that as well but let's be honest no one wants to see Ultra Bee again.

Second candidate is the Galvatron's Revenge fan-film. I think this one is more on the fence than RiD as it's unofficial and the film has yet to be released. Despite this I do see the lineup being much stronger in popularity as far as character use goes. Galvatron's squad, the Combaticons, along with Rodimus and Springer I do think would be more of a seller than the majority of RiD15's main cast for the collector audience. I can see a test version of that film's Slipstream being sold as a con exclusive.

I was planning to make a list of ordered releases, who should be next, but upon making said list it really did not pan out. Plus there's the factor the manufacturer can release whatever they want.

6. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    PREACH!

• Like Like x 1
  7. clank clank

Soundwave was my #1 priority when this line was first announced. I've wanted a show accurate TFP Soundwave so bad I was seriously considering saving up the big moneys to commission a customizer. After SW, in descending order of Want: Starscream, Knockout, Shockwave, and maybe Breakdown so Knockout isn't lonely.
    Poor Optimus is going to be the odd one out.

I could go for an alt mode Predaking. A bigass highly articulated robot dragon would be a welcome addition to my figure shelf. The pricetag makes me cringe to imagine, though.

8. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

I'd want them to do Wheeljack, Ratchet, and Dreadwing & Skyquake or Shockwave. I like Soundwave and Starscream's designs, I just find them too spindly.

9. clank clank

Do you think their spindly designs will result in fragile figures? That's not a problem I'd considered...

Which of the official TFP toys was the notoriously breakable one? Knockout?

10. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

It all depends on how their frames secure the connections. These would be my first DMK so I'm not sure what would make the figure as a whole fragile. I just gravitate toward the bigger bots.

Never bought any of the official cons, not sure.

11. Desertwindhounds

Desertwindhounds Toy Robot Exploiter

Twitter:
    I’d love to see Soundwave. I have the deluxe and it’s perfectly fine, just kind of limited in its pointy attenuatedness by the size. And I really hope these kits do well, as some indicator to 3P companies that there’s a market for TFP figures.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2018
  12. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Please stay on topic folks.

• Like Like x 2
  13. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I wouldn't think so. At this larger scale they should be just as sturdy as their deluxes from the toyline.
    I've got them all, and the only breakage issues I've encountered are the rubbery fins on Shockwave's cannon cracking and splitting, and Dreadwing's plane nose breaking internally.
    Here's a good build video of one of IW's other kits. You can skip to 10:30 to see a review of the completed figure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

FE cliffjumper had the breaking bumper but I don't know if that is the one you are thinking of

• Like Like x 1
  15. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe we'll get some Vehicons/Eradicons to army build with.

I'll take whatever I can get. But I'd really love a Shockwave.

• Like Like x 3
  16. clank clank

Just the idea of army building these things makes my wallet cry.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zcat6

Zcat6 Step out of the way and let me work.

Agreed, but as slow as this company is to produce a single new model (we've been talking about TFP OP for nearly a year) I am hoping my poor wallet will be able to recover between issues.

And don't get me wrong, it's not that I overly mind the wait. I'd rather they get it right than rush to release. I am particularly impressed with the reported fact that the IW team is beefing up Megs. The model looks gorgeous already, but they apparently want that screen accuracy which is awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Laserpants

I’ve learned to enjoy the wait. TF collecting is a merciless lesson in delayed gratification unless you live in a few lucky countries. That being said, I want to see the beefed up megatron -now-. If we’re all done feeding the troll*, I can watch the thread again.

*I promise to make penance for my own trollfeeding by posting more sexy pics of Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Laserpants

Well if he is ready by the end of November, I’ll get him through customs and to the snowy wastes up here in time for Valentine’s Day. I’ll post him smooching the voyager Megatron to make the homophobes weep.

Good point. Screw the zen, I’ll take slim megs. Can’t wait 9 additional months :( 

• Like Like x 1
  20. clank clank

I dunno if I'd trust those teeth enough for smoochin...

I'm a crazy perfectionist when it comes to toy purchases. I'd rather wait than drop big money on something that'll make me go "eeehhh but what if it was just a LITTLE better?" every time I look at it.

• Like Like x 1