Iron warrior tfp megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by madex, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

While the issue of why some transformers have prominent chest plates is fascinating, and I’m sure you’d love to hear my homebrewn theories, it has little to do with TFP Megatron.

Well ok. He does straddle the line between barrel chested and busty, like a forerunner to the amazingly queer TLK Optimus design. And that’s great, but for me his character is the main draw.

I get what some of you are saying about the abusive father archetype. He is at once my favourite version of Megatron when it comes to looks, voice-acting, characterization, and the least because the way he treats his officers and esp Starscream is a chillingly realistic depiction of what many of us were unfortunate enough to see when we turned the TV off. It’s not slapstick, it’s psychological and physical abuse cycles acted out by cgi robots. And I think this disharmony between charming and horrifying is what makes him interesting. He’s not a standard cartoon villain with hyperbolic plans of world domination (or, not only that) but the common kind of monster you might find in your house, or in your neighbour’s.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we get back to talking about the toy, please?

• Like Like x 3
  3. clank clank

clank clank give me your energonies daddy

Somebody who owns both an Arcee and a tiny beercan please take a photo of her shotgunning it.

I'm not sure what kind of assumptions you're concerned about? Are you worried about like, the entire fandom as a whole being perceived as robot yaoi enthusiasts or something?

I have a startlingly relevant post (mangled by google translate) straight from the IW sculptor
    2017ct is the hero the fandom deserves.png

I don't think there's anything left to talk about until more information is released :( 

4. Laserpants

Toy: Thank Primus, finally he’s pointy. No sharpening the shoulders with a xacto knife on this one. Nor kibble flaps obscuring the oddly pleasing design on his back.

5. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Well boys will be boys. I dont have to turn on a transformers cartoon to realize America's obsession with breasts. All I have to do is put on the Kardashians, lol. (Something I dont watch) But being a resident of Miami where strip club culture is the norm, I fully support fembots having big breasts. Its actually funny how a conversation about TFPrime megatron can turn into this. Thats what makes this site cool. Theres nobody burning with hate because men are acting like men. Lol.

No. Im worried the whole TF fandom might be perceived the way we percieve the Bronies.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2018
  6. Laserpants

I am extremely ok with this person taking my money.

• Like Like x 3
  7. clank clank

That is an entirely reasonable fear, but I'm not sure how facetiously sexualizing giant robots for laughs will lead to that impression.

Agreed
    hotpants megs.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I love the TFP designs as they were amongst the first modern transformers I picked up when I got back into collecting transformers.

I actually thought the TFP Hasbro figures were pretty amazing and did a great job translating the cool bot designs from the show into toy form. That being said, while the Prime and this Megatron, do indeed look like the TFP prime cartoon designs and are an improvement over the Hasbro toys, I can't help but wonder why they can't figure out a way to make them transform.

Hasbro already did it, and if a 3P wanted to use the Hasbro engineering as a blueprint and then augment, upsize and improve from there - I'd be totally down.

This megs does look good, but I think it's actually reminded me of how much I liked the TFP Hasbro stuff. And when I think of the TFP Hasbro stuff, it kind of makes we want to cancel my preorders for these Iron Warrior figs. Maybe... lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure somebody will eventually do transforming figures and I'm eagerly waiting to throw my wallet at them when they do. Iron Warrior doesn't do transforming figures at all, unless I'm mistaken. They do model kits, which is what these are. DMK I think they're called, though I have idea what that stands for. If there were MP style options for TFP Optimus and Megatron, I wouldn't give these guys a second glance, but until there are, these will be nice on my Optimus/Megatron shelf. I love my Hasbro TFP figures but I tried putting them in my detolf and they just look so puny next to my G1 MPs so they've been relegated to the top of the desk hutch in my wife's office.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Yeah I don't really care that this and all their other stuff doesn't transform. Would have been nice but damn that looks so goooooooooooooooooooooood. If it doesn't get beefed up it'll be a shame, but fuck it, I'd still go for it.

11. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

How much he can be beefed up will depend on the skeleton they're building him around. I've seen Gunpla built around too-small skeletons for budget reasons, and the results are... Mixed.

12. clank clank

Can you link some examples? I've never built a model with an internal skeleton.

13. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

There's one example I can think of off the top of my head, the Real Grade Sinanju. It's a stunning looking figure, but it's built on the skeleton of a smaller and lighter mech, so it has trouble supporting its weight - falling over a lot due to its significantly larger backpack - and to even fit the exterior parts over the frame required the use of a lot of intermediary parts to fill the gap, all of which try to make it do something it wasn't intended to do. Or so I'm told; I haven't actually built it, because my skill level's not remotely high enough.

Here's a link to someone's attempts to fix it's issues, to give you a taste.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Well im not the guy who thinks they do it for laughs. Im the guy who thinks they do it to represent what theyre into. Maybe not all the time, but certainly sometimes.

15. clank clank

OOOHHH, I didn't realize that's what you were getting at. I'd wager that's a very small minority. The people who want hot robot-on-robot action tend towards literature over toy photography anyway. I'm pretty confident most people do it because putting a giant robot in a sexy anime girl pose is the height of comedy for those of us with terrible senses of humor.

But there's always the people who fit into both categories...

16. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Where are these from?
    If anyone says they've only got a thing for sexy bot babes sometimes then they're just trying to maintain an air of normalcy.

• Like Like x 3
  17. clank clank

Do the previous Iron Warrior releases have fully articulated fingers like OP is supposed to have?
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to taking immature photos of Optimus Prime flipping the bird.

I have link privileges now!
    【@2017ct/台灣微博精選】
    【@2017ct/台灣微博精選】

• Like Like x 3
  18. Laserpants

Megatron looks to be fully articulated too.

I hope they both are. I want to pose them making thumbs up at me making terrible life decisions.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Thats not what I was getting at. I was saying that they play for the other team and they want everyone to know it. I have nothing against those peoples choices but down want it shoved down my throat either.

20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um... or they do it because it's funny and there's no hidden meaning at all. The thing is women get treated as sexual objects a lot so posting photos of female characters in suggestive poses can be seen as playing into that. Doing it with make characters is funny because it's less expected, it doesn't have the same cultural impact, and those poses aren't usually how men try to act sexy. It's also kind of funny to some people because it makes the audience uncomfortable. Nothing about any of that hints at the sexuality of the person taking the photo. I did a photo of Jazz, Hot Rod, and Kup posing provocatively on a stage while Arcee reached for them with dollar bills in her hand and Wheelie covered his and Daniel's eyes. I did it because I thought it was funny and that's all. I've also done a few suggestive photos with Arcee but I try to keep those pretty mild so it's clear it's meant in good humor and not as anything genuinely sexual. They only thing those say about me is I have a perverse sense of humor, but really, who doesn't?

• Like Like x 4