Iron Warrior Pioneer (TFP Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Recon734, Oct 27, 2017.

1. EradiconA113N

EradiconA113N But what if I am a robot?

Fall-apartimus, perfect. That\'s exactly what he is. I love the nickname.

Okay, so I am at TFcon Toronto and I saw someone who had the figure. I asked her what condition hers arrived in and gave it a look over. She said the mirror broke off of hers. She also agreed that the figure was very fragile. I believe she said the crest also broke off her figure and she had to glue it back on.

I looked the figure over for paint defects like mine, but the light was low. It didn\'t look bad. But considering what mine looked like after seeing hers, I think mine is actually fine. I\'ll live. It sounds like if I were to return mine and get another it might arrive in worse shape. So I\'m just gonna be happy with what I have.

I\'m also going to keep an eye out for other figures and people with the figures and give you guys feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

Waiting for mine to arrive... you guys are creeping me out now, hopefully nothing's broken D =

3. indifferent

indifferent Well-Known Member

Just opened mine and pretty much had the same experience as every one so far; masked-head crest and ear were broken inside the clamshell, plus a lot of parts had fallen off in there too. Also have some minor paint blemishes and noticeable nub marks. The whole experience sucks because I was really looking forward to this release.
    For what it's worth, he looks pretty good once everything is back on and with the maskless head instead of the broken one. Hopefully Iron Warrior makes improvements with their next releases.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you ever track it down?

5. Zcat6

Zcat6 Step out of the way and let me work.

This shot shows off MY biggest complaint. Take a close look at those secondary pointy fender pieces that shoot out on either side of his shoulders. In the show screengrab, you can see that they point mostly downward . In the model, they are FIXED sticking out just about parallel to the ground, even when you position his shoulder pieces as far down as they can go.

With so much attention to detail and articulation in this guy, you'd think manipulating these skinny bits would've been included, or, if not, that those parts would at least have been correctly oriented.

Just got mine today. Will post my own review and pix shortly .

Quick question though -- what is the single "grip" accessory hand with the interior ring used for/with? The ring is too small to accommodate the hilt of the sword (plus I thought that you needed to use the attached-hand-hilt accessory to hold the sword due to the weight of the thing)? What is this grip hand for?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  6. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    For 2 handed sword pose, that hand specifically for the lower portion of the sword hilt.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zcat6

Ahhh, thank you! But I still can't figure how to slide the second hand on. Neither end of the hilt seems to fit through the hole, and I am too afraid to force it...

Oh, and "Fall-apartimus" wins the Internet today, lol!

8. Mr H

Ebay:
    The sword disassembles at both ends of the handle, so you should be able to slide it on the lower half once you remove the pommel.

9. Zcat6

Ah, got it. Did not realize the pommel comes off. Thank you very much! :) 

10. Mr H

Ebay:
    No problem bud ;) 

11. Kinoko

Kinoko Mushroom Princess

I got this figure recently, it's pretty, but fragile as many has stated. Nothing broken on mine but a few glues pieces are loose out of the box.

Can anyone please recommend an appropriate kind of glue for fixing gluing the parts that were supposed to be glued back on the figure?

Also, do any of you know where we can find an white Autobot decal (waterslide or sticker) accurate for this TFP Optimus?

Much thanks.

12. moonspeakmini

moonspeakmini One shall stand, One shall fall.

I did! he got delivered to the wrong house. So this morning, while I was at work whoever had the package brought it to the house.

I was lucky, had some VERY minor issues. No broken pieces, just stuff that needed to be glued down more securely. There was a small crack where his smoke stack attached (those pieces had fallen off) but i used some maxi cure bob smith industries super glue to seal and reattach everything.

I like him a lot, he has some good heft to him, i thought he would be much lighter. He is fragile, cause the ways some pieces hang/protrud off his frame actually is really true to how the render/cgi form of him is.

all in all, I dont regret buying him. I will definitely get the beast hunters prime when he's released. Though, this time I think I'll have him delivered to a po box lol. also, here's hoping a lot of the issues they had with this guy gets resolved in their next products.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr H

Ebay:
    I used Loctite Ultragel, a little dab gives great hold without getting messy. As far as a symbol I'm still searching myself.

14. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Man... I’m glad I skipped this. Looks cool, but being nervous just to breathe on a figure takes a bunch of the fun out of having a collectible for me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mr H

Ebay:
    From having him in hand the main problem I see is the adhesive the factory used to assemble him wasn’t very effective. After I glued everything that was loose together he’s pretty solid, although he’s lighter than expected. The only thing I would have changed on him would be tighter hip and knee joints.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Intrepidation

Intrepidation Active Member

Really bummed about the QC issues. I realize it's a small company, but having them broken right out of the box after paying $100+ is not great.

I really want a Prime Prime.

Can someone tell me about the Optimus and Ultra Magnus next to "Pioneer"?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The OP and UM besides Pioneer are custom figures by the weibo user.

18. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

So since posting that I finally got this guy and fixed all the issues that were wrong with him... I have noticed that mine is unable to look straight forwards. It's like there's a nub or something in either the neck port or the head piece.

So do we know if anyone might make third (fourth?) party heads? I'd love a not so serious/angry unmasked face.

19. Zcat6

Totally with you on that one.

For those looking for Autobot symbols, try toyhax.com

For me, I am still searching Shapeways for poseable hands that I can shop to work with this guy.

20. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

God, he’s beautiful, but I cancelled my preorder because he would -not- survive the Swedish postal service. Hope they reissue him in an improved and better packaged version.

• Like Like x 2