Iron Man: House of M #2 - More critical than you'd think?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Aug 3, 2005.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I fear Pat Lee's upcoming stint on some Batman title...seriously, why is this guy still getting work??

2. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

I dont get it either. After reading his Newsarma ass kissing interview (WTF was THAT?) I wont support anything this guys does. I almost always buy anything Iron Man when it comes out, (With the exception of that crappy life sized "helmet" that came out a few years back. More like an ice bucket with eye slits and hole for the mouth) I skipped this. My comic book guy called me at home and asked, "Hey you missed the House of M Iron Man, want me to put you down for one?" Told him nope, I wouldnt buy that crap. He reacted like it was the breaking of the seventh seal. :lol  :lol  :lol 

3. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Well. HOM-verse IS the regular Marvel continuity/universe/616-whatever. Its just that Scarlet Witches probability/reality altering powers have run so amuck that she is basicly trying to "fix" the world; only that she is making things worse. That's really the gist of House Of M from what I understand.

So everything's up in the air. =P

4. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Also, remember in House of M #4, it's revealed that....

Somehow, Wanda was able to find out via Xavier's telepathy what everyone in the Astonishing X-Men (and, some of the New Avengers, as seen via Peter) wanted, and turned those wishes/dreams into reality.

But, because this is the very unstable Wanda we're dealing with, I wouldn't be surprised if the attempt to revert everything back to normal backfires, and the heroes are unable to completely undo what's happened in the House of M...hence the changes.

5. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Anyone else miss the days when Wanda had her powers limited to basically untying someone's shoelaces, making a crack in the sidewalk, and opening a door on someone? Now all this "chaos magic alters reality" junk really makes for annoying, and highly repetitive storylines that equate to: Wanda screws up. Wanda needs to get a boyfriend so she's a bit more stable. Wanda needs to die. Everything's good again, and Wanda's back the way she was. Those are the acts in the stories.

Haven't been really into Marvel for the past few years for various reasons, but Wanda being the poster child for screwing up continuity (as well as Queseda, period) is a major problem for me. I mean, if she's able to destroy entire lives of entire universes whenever she gets a bit mad, sad, or hungry for pickles and ice cream, a real hero got two choices: Fix her. Kill her.

Its also sad to see that to mutant population has been pruned to 300. What's the point? Why should the X-Men even exist now if they aren't a seperate race fighting for their own rights/the future of the world? X-Men used to be mildly interesting when they were the dawn of the next evolution of mankind, and living amongst us, like the cro-mags and neanderthal used to many many thousands of years ago. It just made an interesting premise for a story.

I'm just glad Marvel knows, at least for now, the golden rule to keep them aloft: Screw up Spider-Man, go into debt. Spidey's my fav Marvelite, so least he's pretty safe from the artist-writer screwups that new teams seem to enjoy doing when coming aboard existing titles.

6. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

It's also been stated repeatedly in the HoM books that Wanda herself is now human -- Magnus' ONLY human child.

So the wish fulfillment extended to her, as well.

-XCN-

7. Xcandescent

Ditto. I thought Avengers Disassembled was one of the sorriest train wrecks I'd ever read -- worse by far than the Onslaught/Heroes Reborn reset. I didn't buy into the Avengers breaking up, and I don't really buy into them suddenly jumping back together just as easily (hell ... even the heroes don't, as hinted in New Avengers).

I like New Avengers well enough, I just don't think that shitting all over the franchise was necessary to get it to this point.

I'm not sure what the deal is with that either. I'm guessing someone wasn't a big fan of Morrison forcing an Earth X-type scenario in the 616 universe, and decided to stomp that out.

Which is bizarre, because the Earth X series is one of the best things Marvel's done in years.

-XCN-

8. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Why is everybody calling the 'normal' Marvel Universe the 616 Universe?

9. Xcandescent

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Ahh, thank you. After reading the realities being screwed up in the Uncanny X-Men arc I assumed that it was another reality on it's own. Like the AoA, one small event changes the reality and it becomes a new one unto itself.

*sigh*

My head still hurts but I'm enjoying the overall story. :p 

11. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    From what I've read, one pivotal moment in the history of human-mutant relations was tampered with by Wanda...it's hinted that it has to do something with the sentinel head in issue 2 or 3 of House of M, and that it skews the world wildly in favor of mutantkind.

My guess is its something that Erik wished he could have done/prevented from the past, and Wanda made it happen. What that exactly IS, well, we'll find out soon I hope. :) 

12. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

This whole house of M thing feels like Marvels lame attempt at a "Crisis" event to fix some problems that have crept up over the last year or so. Wanda was just an out they could use because they could easily ramp her powers up do what needed to be done after that whole "I'll create my own kids cuz my husbands wang dont work." thing. This is just a poor mans rip off of a great story. And I know it will come down to Wolverine saving humanity, by himself, becuase of his healing factor, and the fact that "He's the best at what he does." :banghead:  He needs to go away for long time.

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Apparently after HoM, Marvel will have a series in the wake of the devastaion. It'll be called DeciMation with the HoM "M" in the center but all battered.

14. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

I was actually surprised that the most I had heard about an in the wake series was the story to New Excalibur. Glad to hear they're doing more with it.