Iron Man figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Wreckgar, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Why the hate for the concept Hulkbuster? :(  It looks great and uses the best giant figure mold currently available, giving the set more bang for your buck than the Kmart set. It's also a close stand-in for the IM1 Battle Monger figure.

That's a set I'll be getting when it's out.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:

I like the movie concept Hulkbuster too, mainly because it has a retooled head, I didn't see that coming at all. I'll use War Machine from this set as a Jungle Assault version with the upcoming Pursuit of Cobra Jungle Assault GI Joes.

3. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Really? This is the first time I see 3.75" War Machine with the missile pod

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Well, the unmasked version being released later has the missile pod as well. Just depends on which comes out first.

5. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I really don't think I need another green War Machine, but I like that Holographic armor and I don't mind the Hulkbuster.

I'd probably get it if I ever saw it for around $15 like the K-Mart pack.

6. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Um, Chevy Nova?

7. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dang, nothing new today. I was hoping I'd see some new wave at TRU since they're having the 2 for $11 sale again, and I have another coupon. I mean, I assume the coupon would still work. I could have gotten some of the other new figures and maybe something older that I've passed up and gotten like 4 for $17.

I don't really want to go out to another one tomorrow. Oh well.

8. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

Glad I haven't bought many 3.75 figures yet. Going to skip Mark VI and War Machine's normal versions and get that three-pack since I'm already got the 6-inch normal colored one.

9. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Hall of Armor: Complete! :D 

[​IMG]

10. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    So I received my role play Mark VI Arc Reactor from Hasbrotoyshop.com today. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed.

I'm not going to sit here and argue about movie accuracy...cause neither the Mark IV model, nor the Mark VI model are anywhere near movie accurate other than the inherent shape of each reactor. When I purchased the Mark IV arc reactor, I really dug the molded details. Sure the LEDs were yellow...but it looked really detailed plastic-wise.

Then I opened the Mark VI model, only to find that the detail is a graphic placed over a flat clear piece of triangular plastic. Disappointing.

It did get me thinking though. The Mark IV model and the Hall of Armor bases were astonishingly similar. I wonder if the next round of Hall of Armor bases will be based off of the Mark VI model. No, I don't give Hasbro that much credit in the creativity department...nor do I think they'd waste the money...but it would be cool. Being triangular, they could interlock in a similar manner, and yet give quite a different look to our Halls of Armor!

Anyway, here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

Also, some of you may be interested in my new Deal of the Day, which can be seen by clicking on the link in my signature!

11. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Got my 6" War Machine today. He's amazing!! I love this guy, swappable hands and extra missile launcher are all really cool.

My only issue is that his right upper knee joint is stuck. Not sure how to fix it either, but otherwise he's absolutely perfect and goes so good with my IM1 Mark III armor.

12. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    yesss someone got it. anyway got comic war machine today. i really enjoy the comic series figures. i think they are my favorite from the line

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    awesome!

14. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...oh well actually I guess that TRU sale is this coming week! That 2 for $11 sale again.

The TRU I went to sometimes gets those a week early for...some reason, I forget. I don't know if the $5 coupon works in conjunction with the sale though. Stores don't like to do that sometimes. It's certainly worth a shot though! Although it would be great if someone knew for sure. 4 figures for $17 would be pretty fantastic, especially if they have new waves in.

15. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

1. FYI - Hasbro Toy Shop has Guardian, Titanium Man, and some others back in stock (no Monger or Hulkbuster).

2. Are there any Inferno Armor IM's that actually have a half decent paint job? All the ones at my WM are shit.

3. On the Mark VI - do you recommend the "light up chest" or the "missile launcher" version? Why?

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    2) No, most of the ones I have seen have inconsistent paint apps.

3) Missle launcher. Light up chest version has VERY limited articulation on the shoulder joints. Ball joints yes, but VERY VERY limited range of motion to the side. Reviews here:

Iron Man 2 Mark VI Power Glow Armor Review
    Iron Man Movie Series Marks I-VI Review

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm. I actually kinda want.

18. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Thanks, Shin! I held off buying any of the toys until 2 weeks ago, when I saw the KMart 3 pack. I had to have the Vibranium armor/Iron Patriot. The others were on sale, so I grabbed the mark III and "classic" comic armor, plus both war machines.

Since then I've added underwater armor, hypervelocity, assault, Mark I, Mark II, Mark IV, Mark V, Iron Monger, and comics gray armor. For some reason money is tight right now so I figured I'd wait on the Mark VI and Stealth, neither of which seem to be moving here abouts.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I had to go through nearly 30 Inferno Armours to find one with no pinkness and a consistant paint on the chest.... and no overspray on the arc reactor. but even that would require a lot or correction on the silver and other area it was the best of a bad bunch.

The Power Armour is in general better painted if you can find one - they are the same mold.

[I'm really envious of all those 3.75" American exclusives I can't get in the UK - especially Omega & Recon War Machine].

I've yet to even see anything like the Comic series items here yet.

As to the Light up Ironman - if you can live with the slightly limited shoulders the paint on him is super nice - very shiny and metalic and good looking. so as a display item he works very well. they tend to have better paint than the normal mark VI's too.

I've got both but I tend to use the light up one more... mainly as the normal one has quit stiff joints and it's easier to pose the light up one.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I see TRU has the 3 3/4" on sale again.Now if I could only find the new wave in any store that I could get a price match.